Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The season that was and going forward.

Default The season that was and going forward.

First some things about yesterdays game.

Tough loss any playoff loss is. But their are some bright spots. First this was not a team that was just outclassed in talent. They played a VERY good team tough on the road. And still had some chances to win the game. People will and have said that the Chiefs just beat some bad teams sorry But I don't agree. This year the NFL was more close then ever before. Never before had the term any given Sunday been so meaningful. Some examples the Rams swept the Seahawks, The Pats lost to the Dolphins Oakland beat Denver. The NFL was VERY close this year.

The 2015 Chiefs season was a rollercoaster to say the least. A low in the 1-5 start then the high of the winning streak then the low of yesterday. But IMO there was a LOT of growth. Just look at our Rb spot to see an example of this. The O line also CLEARLY made great strides from where they were at the start of the year. It will be up to the Chiefs to build on this.

Here is what I would like to see. I would LOVE to see someone higher then Andy mandate he give more of the playcalling up to his OC (Peterson or whoever takes over for him should the reports be true.) This years playcalling was a hamper to the Chiefs. I think that's clear.

The WR spot needs anther guy. IMO the best for this is through the FA market. The fact is the Chiefs won't be in a position to draft a impact WR. Those guys will be gone by time the Chiefs pick. One guy I can point to is Travis Benamin. If they can find the cap room I would love to see him brought in. He put up good numbers considering Cleveland had QB issues.

I would love to see them find anther Marcus Peters in the draft. We need to add anther better CB somehow. This showed yesterday. We just couldn't stop their high powered offense.

This is going to be an interesting offseason Some tough decisions will need to be made. But the Chiefs are coming off a season that included a PLAYOFF WIN. The Chiefs are closer to a super bowl contender then they have been in a LONG time. Some work to do but that's what the offseason is for. LETS GET IT DONE

GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Need defense adjustments to teams that do quick passes

Passing offense needs help

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Need defense adjustments to teams that do quick passes

Passing offense needs help
    I think an upgrade at CB depth will help with those adjustments.

Anther wr that's an actual threat would go along way. I feared what the offense would look like with a limited Maclin going into the game and yesterday that fear came true.

And I still think that playcalling has to be better. The screens being our Go to play has to stop. The other 31 teams have seen film of our offense they will and have been prepared for them. There's a place in the game for them but you have to show that you will do other things when it comes to the passing game. When you are keeping your playmakers at the line for other teams then well you are doing part of their job for them. It's something that has bugged me for a long time now
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

we need to have some downfield plays for when we line up in those bunch screen formations

Central mass . Basketball coach for 30 years , retired school teacher providence college golf coach

We did not run the jet sweep once Saturday because pats had two weeks to prepare. Defense need a linebacker who can cover slot receivers.

Bob sutton needs help at game planning and adjustments. I like his play calling and blitzes but today was a disappointment. He had no answer and bad game plan. When they go quick pass we need to go to a 4-3 and only rush 4. If you rush on quick passes your just wasting a player cuz theres no way you can get to the qb unless your untouched. But you just take the player out of play.

We would have been better to have a bend but dont break defense type of frame this game.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And I still think that playcalling has to be better. The screens being our Go to play has to stop. The other 31 teams have seen film of our offense they will and have been prepared for them. There's a place in the game for them but you have to show that you will do other things when it comes to the passing game. When you are keeping your playmakers at the line for other teams then well you are doing part of their job for them. It's something that has bugged me for a long time now
    Isn't that basically what the west coast offense is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan35hey View Post
    Defense need a linebacker who can cover slot receivers.
    Well, Berry plays safety like a linebacker. Maybe he is what you are looking for. Abdullah can go back to his old spot for Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We would have been better to have a bend but dont break defense type of frame this game.
    Please no. Bend but don't break Ds are frustrating to watch. I for one don't have the ticker for it. I like a swarming D 10 times out of 10. We just need more play-pieces for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast