Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chiefs free agents. who should we bring back.

Default chiefs free agents. who should we bring back.

Heres the list from adam teicher on espn.

S*Husain Abdullah
    OL*Jeff Allen
    WR*Jason Avant
    S*Eric Berry
    S*Tyvon Branch
    QB*Chase Daniel
    DE*Mike DeVito
    CB*Jamell Fleming
    LB*Tamba Hali
    DE*Jaye Howard
    LB*Derrick Johnson
    LB*Dezman Moses
    CB*Sean Smith
    OL*Donald Stephenson
    LB*Frank Zombo

Looking at the list its prolly easier saying who i wouldnt bring back.

The ones i wouldnt is flemming, daniels, moses.

Im on the fence about is devito, avant, stephnson, abdullah and branch. Stephenson is still a good backup and with our track record could we find a better backup? Avant is a leader as you can see he was our best wr against the pats. He never gives up on a play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!! Wish that would rub off on other wr's. Abdullah is good but dont think hes irreplaceable. Branch is a servicble backup. Devito is good but bailey and howyard is better.

Must resigns is sean smith, hali, dj, howard, zombo, allen, berry. Sean smith has proved himself. Hali we resign as a partime player to keep him fresh and let dee ford start. DJ no explanation needed hes the heart beat and very good at diagnosing plays and breaking up plays in the backfield. Howyard is a beast and have him replace devito at end. Zombo is a good backup and could prolly start somewhere on another team. Allen is a must and make him our starting lg. Berry is also which at 1st of the year i was done and over him but if we keep him at free safety where he excelled then we should resign him. I think he will take a hometeam discount. Berry might also be good at linebacker if he ever wanted to switch positions. Like thomas davis of the oanthers. Have berry just move around and blitz where he wants with no design. Offenses would always have to guess and look for him. But if he had the freedom to roam and blitz where he wanted i think he would blow alot of plays up in the back field.

^^ Not to knock Berry for anything, but he's already made an average of 10 mill over the past 6 seasons. This current regime doesn't really owe him that much per year going forward. They handled his situation properly and with as much class as anybody could ask for.

I can't see the value of resigning him at 10 mill. a season, regardless of how much of a fan favorite he may be. Either he accepts half of that per season, at the most, or he can walk.

Sean Smith, Jaye Howard and Jeff Allen are higher priorities to resign than Berry is. Sorry, but that is the way it is.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-20-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Very well said brd69 i agree 110% think berry needs take in house discount or walk... Dont get me wrong i love eb but there more important matters !! And sean smith and howard and jeff allen big!! For are charg to the big show

Jaye Howard and Jeff Allen need first priority, we can't make the same mistake with Allen that we do with everyother lineman

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Jaye Howard and Jeff Allen need first priority, we can't make the same mistake with Allen that we do with everyother lineman
    Allen is prolly the biggest if we move him to lg permanently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123