Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chiefs free agents. who should we bring back.

Default chiefs free agents. who should we bring back.

Heres the list from adam teicher on espn.

S*Husain Abdullah
    OL*Jeff Allen
    WR*Jason Avant
    S*Eric Berry
    S*Tyvon Branch
    QB*Chase Daniel
    DE*Mike DeVito
    CB*Jamell Fleming
    LB*Tamba Hali
    DE*Jaye Howard
    LB*Derrick Johnson
    LB*Dezman Moses
    CB*Sean Smith
    OL*Donald Stephenson
    LB*Frank Zombo

Looking at the list its prolly easier saying who i wouldnt bring back.

The ones i wouldnt is flemming, daniels, moses.

Im on the fence about is devito, avant, stephnson, abdullah and branch. Stephenson is still a good backup and with our track record could we find a better backup? Avant is a leader as you can see he was our best wr against the pats. He never gives up on a play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!! Wish that would rub off on other wr's. Abdullah is good but dont think hes irreplaceable. Branch is a servicble backup. Devito is good but bailey and howyard is better.

Must resigns is sean smith, hali, dj, howard, zombo, allen, berry. Sean smith has proved himself. Hali we resign as a partime player to keep him fresh and let dee ford start. DJ no explanation needed hes the heart beat and very good at diagnosing plays and breaking up plays in the backfield. Howyard is a beast and have him replace devito at end. Zombo is a good backup and could prolly start somewhere on another team. Allen is a must and make him our starting lg. Berry is also which at 1st of the year i was done and over him but if we keep him at free safety where he excelled then we should resign him. I think he will take a hometeam discount. Berry might also be good at linebacker if he ever wanted to switch positions. Like thomas davis of the oanthers. Have berry just move around and blitz where he wants with no design. Offenses would always have to guess and look for him. But if he had the freedom to roam and blitz where he wanted i think he would blow alot of plays up in the back field.

Notable franchise tag values last year (won't be same this year but similar):

DT: $11.1M
    LB: $13.1M
    CB: $13M
    S: $9.6M

Chiefs drafting 28th in 2016 NFL Draft
    by Matt Verderame 2h ago TWEET

The Kansas City Chiefs know where they will be drafting in the 2016 NFL Draft, which will take place on April 28 in Chicago, Ill. If this seems like the latest the Chiefs have picked in a while, that is because they have never picked further back than this before. Good sign for the future.

This is a draft class that doesn’t have a ton of skill position players, but is loaded on both the offensive and defensive lines. Should general manager John Dorsey choose to go that route (although as Dorsey always says, the board will dictate what Kansas City does) he will have plenty of options. The Chiefs have some needs, but those needs will fluctuate with free agency coming well before the draft.

Last year, Dorsey and the Chiefs drafted 18th overall and selected cornerback Marcus Peters. In the second round, Dorsey shocked everyone with a perceived reach and took center Mitch Morse out of the University of Missouri. As it turns out, Peters will easily win the Defensive Rookie of the Year while Morse was a stud on the interior.

If Kansas City can knock out another quality draft and add two or three more key players, it will be in prime position for a Super Bowl run.

Chiefs opponents: Easier schedule ahead
    by Matt Verderame 2h ago TWEET

The Kansas City Chiefs must start looking ahead to 2016 right away. After losing in the AFC Divisional playoffs by a 27-20 count to the New England Patriots on Saturday, the organization has no choice but to move full-speed ahead in hopes of capturing an elusive championship next year.

Much of Kansas City’s fate will rest on what happens this offseason in both the NFL Draft and free agency. Another factor to consider is the schedule. While we won’t know what the order of the slate is until sometime in mid-April, we do know who the Chiefs play, and where they play them. Here’s the rundown…

HOME: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Tennessee, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New York Jets
    AWAY: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh

In the immediate aftermath of the playoff loss, wide receiver Jeremy Maclin noted how important it is in 2016 to get a first-round BYE. To do that, the Chiefs probably need to reach 12 wins.

Looking at this schedule, Kansas City has a very real chance of running the table at Arrowhead Stadium. In fact, the Chiefs really should go 8-0 at home. The road docket has some tricky games, but you can certainly see four or five wins in there, with the only really hard game being against the Panthers. The Steelers, Raiders and Broncos won’t be gimmes either, but they are not impossible by any means.

Ouch that list is a long one full of talent

Hali has proven he will take less to stay a Chief. So that's good hope DJ might be willing to do that as well.

List that I think we can let go and not miss much
    1.Stephenson
    2.Chase
    3. Avant Just didn't do much this year
    4. Fleming we can find his value in the draft I hope

HAVE to bring back Berry IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ouch! Awful lot of good players on the block.

According to over the cap we will be at $121 million and the cap should be around $152 million so we will have $31 million. We can cut Grubbs and save $4 million, Colquitt $4.4 million, Parker $2.2 million. Other than those 3 cut for $10.5 million no one else should be cut that can save us any money we could cut Poe for $6.2 savings and Charles for $5.3 savings but then we would miss them and us fans might demand Dorsey's head.

Colquitt isn't going anywhere and Parker, but for the right price I would listen to offers for Charles

Im going list of must keeps in order

1:sean smith
    2: jeff allen
    3: dj
    4: howard
    5: eb
    6: haili 1 year deal to back up ford or houston

Keeping these guys i promise a surperbowl next year!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast