Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saunders question?

Default Saunders question?

Guys I am a big Skins fan and just had a few questions to those who were familiar with Al Saunders. First off the Skins offense is bad. It looks just like the Gibbs offense before Saunders got there. I am thinking Gibbs is handcuffing him. Did Saunders ever throw the ball downfield cause the Skins dont. Did they always do WR screens also? And another thing I noticed was the they never do crossing routes over the middle. It is like those plays arent even in the offense. I know this is a Chiefs forum but I thought who better to answer these questions then you folks who watched the Saunders offense for 4 or 5 years. Also what is you opinion of Saunders now that he is gone? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daviddsims View Post
    Guys I am a big Skins fan and just had a few questions to those who were familiar with Al Saunders. First off the Skins offense is bad. It looks just like the Gibbs offense before Saunders got there. I am thinking Gibbs is handcuffing him. Did Saunders ever throw the ball downfield cause the Skins dont. Did they always do WR screens also? And another thing I noticed was the they never do crossing routes over the middle. It is like those plays arent even in the offense. I know this is a Chiefs forum but I thought who better to answer these questions then you folks who watched the Saunders offense for 4 or 5 years. Also what is you opinion of Saunders now that he is gone? Thanks
    I liked Saunders. He did great things for our offence, but I also think that Vermeil let him have his way with the O. A lot of screens were thrown with Priest and Tony Richardson and were very successful. I wouldn't say that they threw the ball downfield a ton, but we did have a 1000yard reciever every year so I guess he threw it enough. That is my quick tow cents, but I am sure that there are others on here who can give you a little more detailed info. Hope you stick around and enjoy the site. Even though you are a skins fan! Welcome to the Crowd!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Our offense was da bomb with Saunders!

He should be our head coach right now!

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, but it's the truth!

Heh!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Yeah I used to live close to KC so I still follow the Chiefs in the AFC. I just remember watching the Chiefs when Saunders and Vermeil were there and there offense looked nothing like the Skins now. I remember a bunch of stretch running plays which I never see now. It just looks like the most uncreative offense now with the Skins and just wanted to confirm my theory that Gibbs is choking Saunders down on playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Our offense was da bomb with Saunders!

He should be our head coach right now!

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, but it's the truth!

Heh!
    no...i think Huard should be the head coach...uhhh....I mean starting QB!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    no...i think Huard should be the head coach...uhhh....I mean starting QB!!
    Heh!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I think Saunders was horrible then and now, I cant say that I am a skins fan but I do feel sorry for pawning Saunders off on you, How bout as a show of faith we take Saunders back and we will give you Solari, and to show we really mean it we will throw in Drummond.

Just want to show we are sorry lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I think Saunders was horrible then and now, I cant say that I am a skins fan but I do feel sorry for pawning Saunders off on you, How bout as a show of faith we take Saunders back and we will give you Solari, and to show we really mean it we will throw in Drummond.

Well if you really want to do them a favor why don't you help them out by taking Pete Kendall and Jon Jansen off their hands...I mean if you're gonna make amends do it right.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by daviddsims View Post
    I don't know, but seriously doubt, that Gibbs is holding Saunders back too much. I haven't seen enough of the 'Skins to determine if the offense looks familiar, but would think that one major difference might be the young quarterback. Not that he is making mistakes, but perhaps that Saunders is still trying to 'ween' him from poor decision-making, by minnimizing the potential for him to do so.

Overall, I was rather impartial to Saunders. Vermiel was the offensive genius. He brought the same system from the Rams with him. I hope that Saunders learned from him, but have yet to see much in the way of evidence, to support that idea. Although, since his arrival in Washington, I have been hearing alot about the improvement of the offensive line.

I can't say that I miss him. I will say that I miss Dick Vermiel, Willie Roaf, Will Shields and Tony Richardson more.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post

that was cold blooded.

[IMG]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/9/94/I%27m_RickJames_*****%21.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast