Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chants

Default Chants

Since im coming down this weekend, and its my first chiefs game, im just wondering....... what chants do you guys have and when do you use them, because i dont wanna look dumb because im not doing anything, i want to be part of the crowd noise!!! thanks.

Make sure on the National Anthem you yell Chiefs really loud when they sing " and the home of the ....CHIEFS " .
    Also when we score they do a chant " we're gonna the hell outa you ... you , you, you , you, you !!!!

And when we get a first down the announcer will say "thats good for another Kansas City Chiefs" FIRST DOWN !!!!

Also when walking out of the stadium after we stomp the Packers you have to do the Native American Death to the losing team Chant ! Dont know how to type that one out ! Ill see if I have video on that one ! Wish I was going , You picked a great weekend to go to your first game ! Have a Blast and take pictures and post them here when you get back !

This is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs

I found it quite interesting.

Here's a little bit that might help!

Homefield reputation

The Chiefs have played at Arrowhead Stadium since 1972.

Further information: Arrowhead Stadium As of the end of the 2006 NFL season, Arrowhead Stadium has a consecutive sell-out record of 141 games (17 seasons) dating back to the home opener in 1990. The Chiefs have a 102-34 home record at Arrowhead stadium since 1990, the best in the NFL.
    Arrowhead has long held a reputation for being one of the loudest outdoor stadiums in the NFL due to the exuberance of the Chiefs' fans.[6][7] Fan generated noise was once measured at 116 decibels[8] by the Acoustical Design Group of Mission, KS.[9][10] This contributes to the unique "atmosphere" of the stadium, for which Sports Illustrated gave the Chiefs' home field, Arrowhead Stadium, the title of being the "Toughest Place to Play" for opposing teams. [11]
    Arrowhead Stadium's tailgating environment is often compared to a "college football" atmosphere,[12] with fans arriving hours before gametime and even staying in the parking lot hours after the game has ended. Many Chiefs fans are so devoted that some sit in the parking lot and listen to the game even while not possessing any tickets.
    National anthem fly-by's have been a tradition throughout sports, but only the Kansas City Chiefs and Arrowhead Stadium have a B-2 Spirit stealth bomber perform this feat. This occurs at most Kansas City games, as the aircraft are based at Whiteman Air Force Base near Knob Noster, Missouri (only about an hour away from the stadium).

[edit] Hospitality

At the end of the "Star Spangled Banner," fans intentionally yell "and the home of the CHIEFS!" where traditionally "the brave" is sung. This has led to some controversy, especially when Chiefs fans attend away games and continue the tradition. Only after the September 11, 2001 attacks did Chiefs fans refrain from doing so in honor of those who lost their lives,[13] and continued to do so for the remainder of the 2001 season. The September 23, 2001 home game versus the New York Giants—the first Kansas City regular season contest since the attacks—was one of the few known times in Chiefs history where the home crowd welcomed an opposing team onto the field without booing.[13]

[edit] "The War Chant"

Fans' occasional use of "The War Chant", especially when playing the Washington Redskins has become a tradition and also a controversy among Native American activists who protest the chant.

(Some content deleted because the post was too long)

This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
    Throughout the years, kickoff has begun with in-stadium music from Mötley Crüe ("Wild Side" & "Kickstart My Heart"), Guns N' Roses (Sweet Child o' Mine), AC/DC's "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)", Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train", "Sirius" by Alan Parsons Project, "Start Me Up" by The Rolling Stones and Ram Jam's "Black Betty".
    Other songs played during games include Prince's "Let's Go Crazy", Archie Eversole's "We Ready", Rush's "Tom Sawyer", AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long", Eminem's "Lose Yourself", Heart's "Barracuda", P.O.D.'s "Boom" and even "The War Chant" conjured by the fans.

[edit] "We're gonna beat the hell outta you"

For numerous years up through the 2005 season, after every Chiefs touchdown, the crowd would chant "We're gonna beat the hell outta you...you...you, you, you, you", over Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2." The chant has been said to have originated from a similar chant (excluding profanity) from Wichita State University's fans at their now defunct football program's games.
    Beginning with the 2006 season, the Chiefs organization has opted to honor the NFL's request that this song no longer be played at games following Glitter's conviction in Vietnam of child molestation.
    After a vote was taken for the new touchdown song, Chiefs fans chose "Boom" by P.O.D. as the song to replace Glitter's song. "Red" by Sammy Hagar came in second in voting, and "Elevation" by U2 finished third. Though to satisfy fans not willing to lose a tradition, in the first game of the 2006 NFL season, a cover rendition of "Rock and Roll Part 2" performed by the Tube Tops 2000 was played, complete with the "We're gonna..." chant. The song has been played at every home game since.[14][15][16]

Have a great time at the Chiefs Game!

You get to see the Chiefs beat Favre again!

Like YZILLA said take lots of pics and post them on the site for us!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Another Quick note: The Chiefs is the only team Brett Farve has yet to beat ! at least thats what I heard somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Another Quick note: The Chiefs is the only team Brett Farve has yet to beat ! at least thats what I heard somewhere!
    You are correct sir!

Not gonna happen at Arrowhead either!!!

Go Chiefs!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

For SU games the chants are a little more R rated. They(students) did it in the NIT against San Diego St and South Alabama, as if those teams deserved it, and they let the band play it against Georgetown for the first time since 2003. People here were mad about the NIT. Me personally, I swore at the TV for 5 straight minutes and tried to help flood the NCAAs email with as much profane hate mail as I could.

"Mess* 'em up, Mess* 'em up, go SU, we're gonna kick the poop* outta you."

*=Swear word
    Last edited by chiefinsyr; 10-30-2007 at 11:20 PM.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=610&dateline=11923981  67

Quote Originally Posted by chiefinsyr View Post
    For SU games the chants are a little more R rated. They(students) did it in the NIT against San Diego St and South Alabama, as if those teams deserved it, and they let the band play it against Georgetown for the first time since 2003. People here were mad about the NIT. Me personally, I swore at the TV for 5 straight minutes and tried to help flood the NCAAs email with as much profane hate mail as I could.

"Mess* 'em up, Mess* 'em up, go SU, we're gonna kick the poop* outta you."

*=Swear word
    Ah the days of college!

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs_31 View Post
    Since im coming down this weekend, and its my first chiefs game, im just wondering....... what chants do you guys have and when do you use them, because i dont wanna look dumb because im not doing anything, i want to be part of the crowd noise!!! thanks.
    Your the 12th man!!! SO BE VERY Very LOUD!! Its your job... also, pound on the back of the seat in front of you... even if someone is sitting there. If it happens to be a creambay fan... pound harder.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post

Your the 12th man!!! SO BE VERY Very LOUD!! Its your job... also, pound on the back of the seat in front of you... even if someone is sitting there. If it happens to be a creambay fan... pound harder.
    This chick's got balls!

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This chick's got balls!

I like it!

okay... give me the ball(s) or give me beer... I'll take both!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast