Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First round pick please, Mr. Dorsey. (outside the box)

Default First round pick please, Mr. Dorsey. (outside the box)

With the loss of Sean Smith and our O-line situation a lot of people think we should use our 1st round pick on a CB or an O-lineman. I think we should avoid that trap. We need to address Sean Smith's replacement in the free agency and a later round. Granted not having a 3rd really hurts.

I really think we need to find a way to draft QB Paxton Lynch in the first. Not an immediate need, but a perfect scenario. I like Alex, but he is a (good) transitional QB for us. Lynch on the bench for two years could be our Aaron Rodgers. All other AFC West teams have a tradition of putting QB at the top of their priorities and two of them have won multiple Super Bowls. The raiders are again set at QB (with a QB I wanted for the Chiefs) and I would bet they will win a Super Bowl before we do. It's high time we made that jump. With Carson Wentz seemingly rated the top two QBs in the draft Paxton Lynch can drop. Maybe he won't drop to 28, but he can drop to where we can trade up to pick him. If we don't get him I guarantee the Donks will and will make him into their next Super Bowl winning QB.

I think we will get the 3rd rounder back once we appeal. Theres an article on espn saying we got the harshest fine or penalties since like 1983 or sometime long ago. This is vincents b.s. and him having a power trip. Jets got a 100,000 fine for tampering with revis. And second why did they wait so long to announce it. Its the nfl office politics and stupidity and the need to clean all the trash out and bring in new people.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    So we didn't fight it? I'm so in the dark over here in Mass. 3rd rounder this year? That's pretty darn steep. I guess we just accepted it? We need so much this year in the draft (OL/CB) I'm not happy!
    . They are not appealing the tampering, they are appealing the punishment for the crime. The NFL has never hit anyone so hard with tampering like they are doing to the Chiefs.

Let's be honest.....Reid tampered with Maclin. No damned doubt about it. Happens all the time. No matter what industry, new management always tries to bring high level performers from their previous job to their new job. And this type of tampering happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL. And the Eagles already paid us back by tampering with Doug Pederson while we were still in the playoffs. The punishment handed to the Chiefs over this is not unlike giving someone 10 years in prison for having a few flakes of pot. It's called using a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. YES. We tampered. And yes. The punishment was INSANELY EXCESSIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Let's be honest.....Reid tampered with Maclin. No damned doubt about it. Happens all the time. No matter what industry, new management always tries to bring high level performers from their previous job to their new job. And this type of tampering happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL. And the Eagles already paid us back by tampering with Doug Pederson while we were still in the playoffs. The punishment handed to the Chiefs over this is not unlike giving someone 10 years in prison for having a few flakes of pot. It's called using a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. YES. We tampered. And yes. The punishment was INSANELY EXCESSIVE.
    all of this would have been avoided if the sleazy Emanuel Sanders had honored his agreement with the Chiefs. Another reason to hate the *******.

Now back to the topic.....

First round pick

Guard LSU Vadal Alexander

CB Ohio State Eli Apple

DE Ole Miss Robert Nkemdiche

WR Ole Miss Laquan Treadwell

Or

2nd - 3rd round WR Rutgers Leontee Carroo

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    For what it is worth, I heard that Maclin called Reid directly. It's still direct communication, but I.feel like if that is true, it's very different from a coach calling a player and taking them into signing.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    For what it is worth, I heard that Maclin called Reid directly. It's still direct communication, but I.feel like if that is true, it's very different from a coach calling a player and taking them into signing.

Of that is the case that maclin who called reid and iniated the call then it should e jut a fine wth no lowt of draft picks. In theory the player iw the one who would hqve broken the rule bit the team is being punished. Rules are rules but someone has to have common sense as well. The whole rule is dumb to begin with. If they want to fix it where everyone has a chance to talk to a free agent then set the time period to talk to them 2 weeks ahead of free agency and let teams talk to the players. And let them make agreements but not able to execute the contract till free agency. During those two weeks they can agree but it gives other teams to come in nd chnge the free agents mind. Nothing is set in atone til they sign anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dunno....The stories I read in 2 different places were remarkably similar...and both supposedly came from a lifelong friend of Maclin's....a guy who had been a mentor to Maclin when he was a kid and things were NOT GOOD at home. They both said Reid called Maclin while Maclin was on the golf course and had pretty much decided to accept Philly's offer but that Reid convinced him that the Chiefs were not only offering more money but more importantly that he (Maclin) was going to get a better opportunity with the Chiefs to become a REAL STAR. What WR doesn't want to be a hero?

That's the story I have seen. If it is true then there is no question Reid "tampered". And if it is true then I'm GLAD Reid did it! But the punishment should fit the crime and the punishment the Chiefs got was INSANE.

I'd quite like us to take a QB in the first and let him sit for two years behind Alex. I'm still of the belief that when all is said and done Connor Cook will be the best QB from this class. I think he may go before pick 28 though to a more QB needy team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12