Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair Weather Fans...

Default Fair Weather Fans...

It's unfortunate most do not stick around beyond the teams last loss.

:cheers: to those that stick around when it gets really ****ing boring during footy season.

Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Nature of the beast because the warmer is becoming more "fair"
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

I am hear a couple times a day to get news and I neever get any down here in Dallas so I never say anything. I do not believe in mock drafts sooo many things can happen in the first 27 picks it is impossible to say who will be there when you pick.

The term fair weather fan means if your team is losing you don't like them and if your team wins you are cheering them on. just because it's offseason and nobody is posting doesn't mean crap about the type of fans anyone is. Even the team are all out on their vacations and enjoying their lives. Why shouldn't we be doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    The term fair weather fan means if your team is losing you don't like them and if your team wins you are cheering them on. just because it's offseason and nobody is posting doesn't mean crap about the type of fans anyone is. Even the team are all out on their vacations and enjoying their lives. Why shouldn't we be doing the same?

Yeah this topic of thread is a bit unfair. Agree on your definition of fair weather fans. Offseason has alot of down time and can get boring. I like the offseason cuz i can concentrate on work and make more money. I come here often but being it the offeseason i dont expect much on here. When i do im just hoping theres breaking news. But thats just my wishful thinking. But cant judge during the offseason. Theres a period right after the draft and before camp that is dead time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post

did you just try and equate how tough it is during the season being a fan, as it is to be a player? ROFL

and for the record, i was saying it was good some still post during the offseason, otherwise id be bored out my gourd.

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    and for the record, i was saying it was good some still post during the offseason, otherwise id be bored out my gourd.

Im bored either way during the off season. Only thing to look forward to is free agency and the draft and only during the 1st week of each of those. Any other time is boring. Not much else to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    did you just try and equate how tough it is during the season being a fan, as it is to be a player? ROFL
    Nope not at all. Just said that the players are out enjoying their off football time. Me well I'm working on my house, cars, and my boat getting it ready to hit the lake.

Well...I suppose some would think me guilty of being a Fair Weather Fan. After all, I did pretty much disappear for 6 weeks after the loss to the Pats. In my own defense however, that loss really hurt. I had come to believe we were going to do the IMPOSSIBLE...go from 1-5 to 11-5 and then go on to win the Super Bowl as a wildcard. I was sure it was our year. When we didn't I went into a blue funk for close on to 2 months.

If some think that makes me a Fair Weather Fan then so be it. Personally I think it was just a justifiable period of mourning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast