Thread: Andy Reid...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 2,585

Default Andy Reid...

1 Not allowed!
    First off, let me say clearly that I am a HUGE fan of Andy Reid.

Second...Yup, there are those face-palm moment when the first thing out of your mouth is..."Andy, WTF did you just do?" And yes, he sometimes forgets that there is a part of football called the running game.

So I think I have covered those bases.

But now I'll say why I am a HUGE fan of Andy Reid.

He's just a DAMNED GOOD HEAD COACH.

31-17 regular season record. Winning record every year with the Chiefs. Made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. 1-2 in the playoffs. Better than 0-8 over the course of 20+ years. DEAD CURSE.

That alone would be pretty impressive. But there is more.

2013. From 2-14 to 11-5 and the playoffs with not much change to the team other than adding Alex Smith. Yes. We had a soft schedule that year. But is anybody going to tell me that Pioli and Romeo would have gone 11-5 against the same schedule? I DOUBT IT. Soft schedule? Yes. But we did DAMNED WELL AGAINST IT. And we did it because Andy Reid FIXED THE TEAM'S MENTALITY. He made them believe they could win.

2014. A step back at 9-7. No playoff appearance. But let's not kid ourselves. We had 2 killer injuries in week 1 and then lost EB to cancer for the homestretch of the season. But y'know, come week 17 we were still in the hunt. Just needed a little help we didn't get. We lost a couple of games we shouldn't have. All teams do. We lost to the winless Raiders. We were on a roll and got complacent and the Raiders WERE OUT FOR BLOOD. NEVER underestimate the Raiders.

2015. A 1-5 start. JC lost early. During that 6 game stretch our O-line had more holes than a sieve. Perfect set-up for a repeat of 2012. Many people here wanted Reid's head and said we'd have the #1 overall pick again. Then we beat the Steelers and didn't lose again until we faced the Pats in New England with Houston, Hali and Maclin all injured enough that while they all got on the field a little, none of them did much of anything. We would have KILLED New England if those 3 had been healthy.

Who held the team together when we were 1-5 instead of repeating 2012? ANDY REID. Not many coaches could have done that. The team would have just given up. But Reid held the team together and our Chiefs went on to win 11 in a row and BREAK THE CURSE. YES...it was Andy Reid that held the team together.

Andy Reid is a damned fine coach. Does he have flaws? Sure he does. But ultimately he is A LEADER OF MEN and that is why the Chiefs are so much better than they have been for a long damned time.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!
    andy reid may be a great guy, and good coach, but...

who else has a longer drought than him winning the big one?

well aside from marty ball.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 2,585

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    andy reid may be a great guy, and good coach, but...

who else has a longer drought than him winning the big one?

well aside from marty ball.
    Quite true. But tell me true....would you cry much if for the next 5-8 years the Chiefs pretty much duplicated what Reid did in Philly?

Besides....The NFL GAVE the donks 2 Super Bowls. The Chiefs are DUE. Reid is DUE. Maybe it's time the NFL helped us out?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!
    meh, no help needed but yeah, over due for many reasons.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 1,600

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Quite true. But tell me true....would you cry much if for the next 5-8 years the Chiefs pretty much duplicated what Reid did in Philly?
    Hell no.
    Besides....The NFL GAVE the donks 3 Super Bowls. The Chiefs are DUE. Reid is DUE. Maybe it's time the NFL helped us out?
    Fixed!