Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank God the Chiefs dont do stupid stuff like this

Default Thank God the Chiefs dont do stupid stuff like this

By Joel Thorman @JoelThorman on Apr 14, 2016, 10:00a 179

Thank the good Lord that the LA Rams decision makers are not in Kansas City. I am so happy the Chiefs were nowhere near
    the trade that has the Rams moving up to the No. 1 overall pick. (Well, I would love to be the Titans ... not the Rams)

The Rams gave up a comical amount in trading with the Titans up to the top pick. Way too much. For who? Carson Wentz? Jared Goff?

Titans receive from Rams: 1st round pick (15 overall), 2nd round pick (43), 2nd round pick (45), 3rd round pick (76), 1st round pick in 2017, 3rd round pick in 2017

Rams receive from Titans:
    1st round pick (1 overall), 4th round pick (113), 6th round pick (177)

Some NFL evaluators recently told Peter King recently that this is a middle class draft.
    "Twenty-five to 55 is the same player, to me." ... "Eleven to 40 is the same guy." ... "To us, 18 to 48 you can get the same player." ... "Load me up with twos and threes in this draft. That’s where I’d want a lot of picks."

And so the Rams traded their top four picks this year and next year's first to make it happen. Reportedly, the Rams don't know who they're going to draft. That can't possibly be true, can it? You give up all that and don't know the pick?!?!
    The Titans now own the draft for the next two years while the Rams will get ... something.

Great post C4L....I was going to post something similar a few hours ago but work got in the way. I can only say THANK GOD Les Snead (Rams GM) is not our GM. WHAT A FUDGING MORON.

This Kids is textbook on how to get fleeced in the NFL

Somebody needs to pull that Rams GM aside and explain to him that movie "Draft Day" was NOT meant to be taken seriously.

And here is another example of "Than God the Chiefs don't do stupid stuff like this".

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sport...s_media_eagles

Eagles trade their first round pick (#8), 3rd round pick (#77), 4th round pick #100, plus a 1st round in 2017 and a 2cond round in 2018 to the Browns for the #2 overall pick this year. That's right folks....2 1st round picks, a second round pick, a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick and FOR WHAT??????? To move up 6 places in the draft.

If anybody likes that deal then please let me know as a have a BRAND NEW $1.00 bill and I'll trade it for a beat up old $50 bill.

this is only the 3rd time in the modern era that the top 2 picks in the draft have been traded

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    And here is another example of "Than God the Chiefs don't do stupid stuff like this".

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sport...s_media_eagles

Eagles trade their first round pick (#8), 3rd round pick (#77), 4th round pick #100, plus a 1st round in 2017 and a 2cond round in 2018 to the Browns for the #2 overall pick this year. That's right folks....2 1st round picks, a second round pick, a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick and FOR WHAT??????? To move up 6 places in the draft.

If anybody likes that deal then please let me know as a have a BRAND NEW $1.00 bill and I'll trade it for a beat up old $50 bill.
    Why do get the eerie feeling both teams in this trade could find a way to mess this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Why do get the eerie feeling both teams in this trade could find a way to mess this up?
    Because they are both going to drafts QBs. And picking a QB in the top of the first round often turns out poorly...especially if you are expecting that QB to be an immediate starter.....and both these teams are hoping for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Because they are both going to drafts QBs. And picking a QB in the top of the first round often turns out poorly...especially if you are expecting that QB to be an immediate starter.....and both these teams are hoping for that.
    It's understandable that they're trying to find the next QBOTF, but what puzzles me is the track record of the organizations that are making these trades (Philly and the Rams) - what makes them feel so safe about gambling away all those draft picks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    It's understandable that they're trying to find the next QBOTF, but what puzzles me is the track record of the organizations that are making these trades (Philly and the Rams) - what makes them feel so safe about gambling away all those draft picks now?
    Stl is young, good front 7, young RB

They get a good QB they might finally stop being average (fisher might need to be fired before that happens)

Phi...... Who knows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast