Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: john elway!!!!

Default john elway!!!!

He is still a festering thorn at our side after all these years both as a player and now team boss.!

Every year he has picked a player from my top wish list. And some of those years WE even didn't pick from my list. That was bad enough, NOW HE HAS PICKED THE ONE PLAYER I WANTED RIGHT FROM UNDER OUR NOSE. PAXTON LYNCH! Now they will be set again at that position while we will still keep looking for our next Len Dawson.

The fact that we traded down after Lynch was stolen tells me Dorsey and Andy wanted him to. But they tipped their hand when they brought Lynch to KC a few weeks ago. I like Dorsey but I had thought that if Lynch went past the Jets I would seriously consider trading up a few positions to get him. Why didn't Dorse have this foresight? Why didn't WE trade with Seattle to secure this guy. Andy would have made Lynch our QB for the next15 years.

DAMN YOU ELWAY!

I agree frank !!! Well said!! I

Franken: Let's face it. If we drafted Paxton, he wouldn't amount to a "hill of beans" Why you might ask? Because when our beloved Chiefs draft a QB, their career is already over. Just the way it is.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Franken: Let's face it. If we drafted Paxton, he wouldn't amount to a "hill of beans" Why you might ask? Because when our beloved Chiefs draft a QB, their career is already over. Just the way it is.
    Yeah but that was more true with guys like Schottenheimer. I'm sure he ruined at least one if not all our QB draft choices. Remember Matt Blundin? Reid is supposed to be a QB guru.

But even if your statement were true, at least we would have denied the Donks their QBOTF. Now they look set again for the next 15 years. They address the QB position immediately and with vigor, unlike us.

adding insult he took mizzou g McGovern in 5th

Quote Originally Posted by bill444 View Post
    adding insult he took mizzou g McGovern in 5th
    Sounds like the Chiefs tried to trade up to get Lynch.

If true it means Elway had more ammunition to entice a trade partner. THANKS A LOT GOODELL. FUNK YOU TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Yeah but that was more true with guys like Schottenheimer. I'm sure he ruined at least one if not all our QB draft choices. Remember Matt Blundin? Reid is supposed to be a QB guru.
    No arguments about Schotty not being able to develop a QB. That didn't happen until Drew Brees came along.

But even if your statement were true, at least we would have denied the Donks their QBOTF. Now they look set again for the next 15 years. They address the QB position immediately and with vigor, unlike us.
    Ahem...Denver has been through their own little go-round of QB's from Griese through Tebow (at one point they were ticked because of Pioli landing Matt Cassel), then paid through the nose for Manning. Their SB win under Manning was because of their D, who won in spite of Manning not because of him. Paxton Lynch is neither Manning or Elway.

We're not empty at the QB cupboard. We've got Smith (former #1 pick) coming off a career year, a guy that broke some of Manning's records at Tennesse (Bray) and a former SEC champ that played four years in Georgia (Murray). IMHO the Hogan pick was a waste because while he's given credit for being a smart QB do not see him being anything but #4 on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

I'm just messing around having a little fun. I really had high hopes for Matt Blundin. As I recall, he did have a terrible Senior Bowl outing.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    No arguments about Schotty not being able to develop a QB. That didn't happen until Drew Brees came along.

Ahem...Denver has been through their own little go-round of QB's from Griese through Tebow (at one point they were ticked because of Pioli landing Matt Cassel), then paid through the nose for Manning. Their SB win under Manning was because of their D, who won in spite of Manning not because of him. Paxton Lynch is neither Manning or Elway.

We're not empty at the QB cupboard. We've got Smith (former #1 pick) coming off a career year, a guy that broke some of Manning's records at Tennesse (Bray) and a former SEC champ that played four years in Georgia (Murray). IMHO the Hogan pick was a waste because while he's given credit for being a smart QB do not see him being anything but #4 on the roster.
    Yes hogan was a waste of pick. We cant keep 4 qbs and hes no better than what we have except maybe murray. I fully expect bray to be the #2 which i think he would have been last year as wellif he didnt injure his knee.

Seems like drafting Murray last year was a waste now since they drafted Hogan, how the hell is Murray and Bray supposed to get reps and get better if you continually draft more quarterbacks, it doesn't seem logical to me

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yes hogan was a waste of pick. We cant keep 4 qbs and hes no better than what we have except maybe murray. I fully expect bray to be the #2 which i think he would have been last year as wellif he didnt injure his knee.
    Don't get it at all. The team could've used another linebacker, guard or safety. Don't see this guy beating out Murray at all, let alone hope to have Tyler Bray's arm. He got compared to Tyler Palko by the NFL channel commentators (?!?).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast