Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bray

Default Tyler Bray

BJ Kissel

"Andy Reid says Tyler Bray is the #2 QB right now" end quote

I don't think they should just drop Bray.

It just wouldn't be what's best

I like Murray over Bray but what would be best for the Chiefs is to let them all fight it out. Give yourself the most options and go with the guy who EARNED the job.

The best case for the Chiefs would be both Bray and Murray light it up in preseason and they can move one with some value. You know there's going to be some team that has an injury at that spot there always is.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Wnderlic Scores of our Qb's.

Alex Smith = 40
    Kevin Hogan = 38
    Aaron Murray = 29
    Tyler Bray = 24

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Wnderlic Scores of our Qb's.

Alex Smith = 40
    Kevin Hogan = 38
    Aaron Murray = 29
    Tyler Bray = 24
    wth is "Wnderlic Scores"?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Wonderlic Sorry my internet connection lags at work making typing real tough at types.

Ts a stupid and useless test. I dont care how anyone is so smart. All i care about is they know football. Why do i care if there smart in other areas?

football players should be scientist smart

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Ts a stupid and useless test. I dont care how anyone is so smart. All i care about is they know football. Why do i care if there smart in other areas?
    It is clear you don't care. It is the biggest con Bray has. The test is not an IQ test but is an intellect test, but to measure the ability to learn and problem solve under stress. It is very important for a QB in the sense to understand what defense a team just audibled into compared to the play called. How to read a blitz and what are his option for hot reads, based on study he did before the game. What to do when the pocket collapses on him and he has little time to react.

These are the areas I have not seen Bray do well in when he got playing time with 2nd string I don't care how strong his arm is if he throws it to the defense.

The wonderloc test has nothing to do with a qb or else why doesn every non qb footballl player take it. Its to test your smarts. Bit footballl isnt rocket science.you just need to be football smart. I do agree a gb needs to be able to think quickly bit i think that comes with confidence as well.

Re-quoted for truth. Smith has shown he can throw the ball downfield. He just hasn't done that often with the Chiefs.
    Of course Alex doesn't have a "noodle arm". "Noodle arm" would be me. Alex doesn't have a rocket arm either. And he knows it. That is one of the reasons why he is a good QB. He takes the high percentage passes and doesn't think he can use his arm to turn a failed play into a TD. It makes him less exciting to watch but it puts games in the win column. Add to that his ability to tuck the ball away and run with the ball and you have a very good QB. Not the most exciting, simply good enough to win a lot of games. He doesn't win games by himself and he doesn't lose games by trying to force ill-advised passes.

Can he throw the long ball? SURE HE CAN! There are a million youtubes that show that. He just doesn't do it unless he feels confident he can complete the pass.

What is perhaps most interesting about Alex is seeing his steady increase in performance since he came to the Chiefs. The right system and the right coach is making him much better than he was in SF.

Bray, reinstalled late last week as the No. 2 quarterback ahead of Aaron Murray, got the job done on a throw that perhaps only he among the Chiefs quarterbacks could make. Scrambling to his left, Bray threw a 19-yard pass to Frankie Hammond Jr. in the end zone. The throw had plenty of zip.

This was today. Looks like bray is back at wnd string. Thats exactly what im talking about as in arm strength. Heys the only one who could throw it with enough zip. You couldn't hae lobbed that pass for a completion.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast