Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bray

Default Tyler Bray

BJ Kissel

"Andy Reid says Tyler Bray is the #2 QB right now" end quote

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Hopefully bray proves he can't do it so my guy Murray can
    I'm fine with that too...but I want to see Bray AT LEAST do well enough so that we trade him for some draft picks instead of cutting him.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I dont know about qbotf but he has the most potential where as murray and the rookie only potential is a career back up at best. Bray is just mental and i hope hes had time to develop mentally which i think reid will help him.
    We have been down this road, but will say it again. Bray has shown me ZERO on the field to make me think he has it. I can't make an honest opinion of him until he plays, but his performance so far in preseason suggest he isn't there mentally. I have heard he looks good in OTAs but I have to see him at game speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We have been down this road, but will say it again. Bray has shown me ZERO on the field to make me think he has it. I can't make an honest opinion of him until he plays, but his performance so far in preseason suggest he isn't there mentally. I have heard he looks good in OTAs but I have to see him at game speed.
    Murray or hogan hasnt showed anything either in that case. You cant count Murray playing against 3rd and 4th stingers last year as anything. For me to have any vale on their play at the minimum thy habe to he with the 2's or 1's. 3 and below is like college level. We can all say bray has the better arm. I dont think murray or hogan has a strong enough arm to be a longterm starter. Thats why im hoping bray has improved mentally.

Murray or hogan hasnt showed anything either in that case. You cant count Murray playing against 3rd and 4th stingers last year as anything. For me to have any vale on their play at the minimum thy habe to he with the 2's or 1's. 3 and below is like college level. We can all say bray has the better arm. I dont think murray or hogan has a strong enough arm to be a longterm starter. Thats why im hoping bray has improved mentally.
    Murray has shown me more in pre-season mentally. But I am not bringing them into this. The are unproven also. There are a lot of dumb arms that failed in the NFL but many smart noodle arms succeeded. The ones that can do both go #1 over all and become franchise players.

BTW Aaron Murray is running 2nd team now with this weeks OTA's. Clearly it is just an open competition for the back up role and Andy is trying to give each QB an opportunity to role with second team. The Hogan kid though is basically getting one rep, which was described as a hand off to Knile Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    BTW Aaron Murray is running 2nd team now with this weeks OTA's. Clearly it is just an open competition for the back up role and Andy is trying to give each QB an opportunity to role with second team. The Hogan kid though is basically getting one rep, which was described as a hand off to Knile Davis.
    Yea and they said bray still was the one that looked better in practice. Only one to score in just 2 plays. Now that being said that night of been against 3rd stringers so to hard to say. But it cant hurt. My biggest thing was hogan was a waste of a pick wince we already have bray and murray. No matter who whens the back up hogan will be 3th string.

Yea and they said bray still was the one that looked better in practice. Only one to score in just 2 plays. Now that being said that night of been against 3rd stringers so to hard to say. But it cant hurt. My biggest thing was hogan was a waste of a pick wince we already have bray and murray. No matter who whens the back up hogan will be 3th string.
    WAY to early to say Hogan was a waste of a pick. Sure for THIS season you can make that case. But it all comes down to if he ever becomes the guy in KC. Hogan was picked in the 5th round at pick 162 you're just not going to get many guys who come in and make a difference at that time in the draft.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

As for all the talk about whos taking what reps.

This will become more important when camp and preseason start. I think they will all get chances to take reps with the 2nd unit. At this stage of the game the depth chart just isn't all the important. It's more about giving guys looks then anything else or who any of the coaches are thinking will fill in where
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    WAY to early to say Hogan was a waste of a pick. Sure for THIS season you can make that case. But it all comes down to if he ever becomes the guy in KC. Hogan was picked in the 5th round at pick 162 you're just not going to get many guys who come in and make a difference at that time in the draft.
    Hogan willl kever become the guy for tue chiefs. He doesnt have the arm to be a starter. Would rather have taken a chance on a 5th round olineman than a career backup qb. But anyways its over and done. I hope bray just stays healthy and of he does he should win the back up job easily.

Hopefully bray sucks lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast