Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New offense coming?

Default New offense coming?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/5...lways-changing

We can only hope this is the end of the screen pass barrage that has pleged this offense
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's night and day how far we have come. Maclin is better then Bowe and gives damn far more then Bowe did which was when his contract was coming up. And he wanted to get some money for his sonic runs. Conley showed some great flashes as a rookie and at worse is equal to Jenkins on his best day. Wilson is a solid 3 IMO wont be more then that but there's a spot on a NFL WR core for him. And then there are the new WRS they brought in. If just 1 of those guys can be anther solid 3 then we FINALLY have a good WR core that the other team might just actually have to respect.
    WELL SAID!!! I'm not quite as upbeat about the receiver situation as you are, but I do think that we have the pieces in place to at least give us a respectable WR squad.Combine that with our runners and Alex's legs as a "wildcard" every time he goes back to pass and there is the potential for a very potent offense.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Bowe was suspended for that first game. So that made matters even worse.

So our WRs that game were Avery,Frankie Hammond JR,Aj Jenkins.

I recall the heat I took for my rants on just how bad we were at WR that year. Avery ended up getting hurt. And that left us with Bowe and Aj Jenkins as the starting WRs for most that season. It was bad that a rookie an undrafted rookie at that was an upgrade to Jenkins in Albert Wilson.

It's night and day how far we have come. Maclin is better then Bowe and gives damn far more then Bowe did which was when his contract was coming up. And he wanted to get some money for his sonic runs. Conley showed some great flashes as a rookie and at worse is equal to Jenkins on his best day. Wilson is a solid 3 IMO wont be more then that but there's a spot on a NFL WR core for him. And then there are the new WRS they brought in. If just 1 of those guys can be anther solid 3 then we FINALLY have a good WR core that the other team might just actually have to respect.
    If that statement was directed at me...That's preaching to the choir. That year I argued a lot for drafting a WR higher than we did (still think it was a mistake to have passed on Moncrief in the 3rd round that year, but maybe Gaines will show us something we haven't seen). Also I argued that if we cut our drops in half, we'd be in a much better place. We managed to cut our drops down by a third, look at the results.

I'd forgotten about Bowe being suspended that game. Would it have made any difference? He dropped a lot of passes that year, too. Both Bowe and Avery are out of the NFL. Enough said.

While I agree our WR corps are much improved, and we've found a consistent threat in Jeremy Maclin, we do need to get a definitive #2. I'd like it to be Conley, given the abilities he's shown at times on the field, and what he showed everyone in the draft combines...but Conley or not somebody's got to step up and be a consistent #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    If that statement was directed at me...That's preaching to the choir. That year I argued a lot for drafting a WR higher than we did (still think it was a mistake to have passed on Moncrief in the 3rd round that year, but maybe Gaines will show us something we haven't seen). Also I argued that if we cut our drops in half, we'd be in a much better place. We managed to cut our drops down by a third, look at the results.

I'd forgotten about Bowe being suspended that game. Would it have made any difference? He dropped a lot of passes that year, too. Both Bowe and Avery are out of the NFL. Enough said.

While I agree our WR corps are much improved, and we've found a consistent threat in Jeremy Maclin, we do need to get a definitive #2. I'd like it to be Conley, given the abilities he's shown at times on the field, and what he showed everyone in the draft combines...but Conley or not somebody's got to step up and be a consistent #2.
    Was not at you or any one person there were many. Most thought that our problems were at QB. I was one saying we need help all the way around and we have not done a good job building talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Bowe might have helped some but I highly doubt he would have made that a W.

As for our current WRs. Conley will be huge. IF he becomes the guy that we all think he can be. I still do think that Wilson can improve some. Keep in mind last season was in a lot of ways his real rookie year. In 2014 while he was on the roster he didn't get much playing time until VERY late in the year. We just need one of the guys we added to give us something and we will have a WR group that is actually respectable
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think our oline and wr will dictate our season. I think our def will be good but i think it will be a step back than what weve had recently. Safety,corner, and olb his all a huge unkown. Cb opposite of peters will be critical and safety opposite of berry and Houston fill in. So im not even sure.

With the exception of LB our defence will be stellar, I believe we will start week 1 with 7 WR's Maclin, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Williams, Streater and 1 more plus we have Cook, Brown and Mathews as developmental guys waiting that they like. On offence I feel TE is the biggest question mark, can Kelce not make any stupid plays?? No more fumbles Travis I mean really. Offensive line is really set with Fisher, Reid, Morse and Schwartz only problem I see is who is gonna be the RG? LDT, Ehringer or Fulton. The safe bet is we will put one of the rookies at safety and have Ron Parker move from Corner to Safety where I think he looks more natural. Also dline is gonna be awesome this year you're gonna like this new guy Chris Jones they drafted on the line I promise you. My bet is were gonna be in the market for Safety and LB next season, because we can't keep both Berry and Poe and I would keep Poe, Dee Ford its time to get with it son or you're gone. This is just my take guys

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    With the exception of LB our defence will be stellar
    Wish I had your confidence. Think we will see an improved offense, but I'm worried we may see a significant decline in our Defense.

On offence I feel TE is the biggest question mark, can Kelce not make any stupid plays?? No more fumbles Travis I mean really.
    That's fair.He can be a great TE but there are times when it just seems like his brain goes to sleep.

My bet is were gonna be in the market for Safety and LB next season, because we can't keep both Berry and Poe and I would keep Poe, Dee Ford its time to get with it son or you're gone. This is just my take guys
    I would hate to see Berry go...but that is just emotion talking and football IS AFTER ALL A BUSINESS. Emotion or otherwise, if it comes down to Berry or Poe we should keep Poe. I wish Dorsey would try to do a new deal with Poe this season. Maybe we'll get lucky and Berry will do a very team-friendly contract. We did right by him when he was sick. I think he should return the favor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12