Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LG Spot possibly won

Default LG Spot possibly won

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/6...-at-left-guard

Chiefs Offensive line has a leader at Left Guard

By Joel Thorman

The Kansas City Chiefs Offensive line battle doesn't seem like much of a battle. The team has kept mostly the same offensive line over the past 3 weeks.

"Yeah, I think I feel pretty good about it," Andy Reid said of his offensive line, via quotes from the Chiefs. "Again, Lets see them hit and bang it around a little bit, see how they do in games. But I think we have a nucleus there that's good."

That would be LT Eric Fisher, LG Parker Ehinger, C Mitch Morse, RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, RT Mitch Schwartz.

That means rookie Parker Ehinger appears to be leading at Left Guard. Early on, Zach Fulton was there. Emphasis on Leading, not already won.

"I'd even stretch it right into the two-deep," Reid continued, I'm feeling pretty good about that. And then we'll see about the other guys as we go,"

Holy crap,when was the last time the Chiefs weren't changing the offensive line around? It feels like there's always something undecided on the line. And now Reid likes the backups too? These are strange ties we're living in.

For Real though, Let's get the pads on. Andy Reid is an o-line expert so I do trust that he can tell a good o-linemen from a bad one but let's see how they do when they can actually hit each other.

I don't know about you guys but personally i would like to see Jah Reid at RG instead of LDT and have LDT and Fulton as the swings
    Last edited by Coach; 06-18-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Reid played LG and RT last season and he is the best candidate for the RG spot
    if that were the case, he would be with the starters over the Frenchman

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    if that were the case, he would be with the starters over the Frenchman
    He mostly played rt but when the injuries bug hit us at guard he moved to guard and did perty well i thought. I thought our like looked its best when he was in the lineup no matter where he lined up.

I just think LDT is still a year away from being NFL ready, he has a huge ceiling and upside, but Reid is better at Guard. The best line we could have would be Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Reid and Schwartz

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I just think LDT is still a year away from being NFL ready, he has a huge ceiling and upside, but Reid is better at Guard. The best line we could have would be Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Reid and Schwartz
    LDT made huge strides from year one to year two.
    In the preseason, while still working at LG, where he worked exclusively in year one, he looked like the best lineman on this team.
    He struggled with the transition form left to right, which isn't nearly as easy for an experienced lineman as many think, to some degree.
    If he makes the same strides from year two to year three, he will easily be the best guard on this roster, and it won't be close.

Anyone else concerned about Morse and his concussions?

I am If we lose Morse we are in deep trouble

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    LDT made huge strides from year one to year two.
    In the preseason, while still working at LG, where he worked exclusively in year one, he looked like the best lineman on this team.
    He struggled with the transition form left to right, which isn't nearly as easy for an experienced lineman as many think, to some degree.
    If he makes the same strides from year two to year three, he will easily be the best guard on this roster, and it won't be close.
    I sincerely hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Anyone else concerned about Morse and his concussions?
    Not yet. If he has another one this years i wouldnt consider him a long term answer for his own sake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12