Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depth EVERYWHERE

Default Depth EVERYWHERE

RB - Charles, West, Ware and Reaves Obviously the 4 headed monster is gonna be awesome

WR - Maclin, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Williams, Streater, Hill, Mathews, Cook, Brown, Hammond and Moore, I wish we could keep the first 9 Mathews is an undrafted monster, year 2 for Cook and Brown

TE - Kelce, Harris, O'Shaughnessy, Parker and Ross

Oline - Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Reid, Schwartz, Fulton, LDT, Sterup, Pughsley, Nowak, Devey, Munyer, Mayweather, and Feigt
    Finally we have depth and quality depth at Oline we haven't had that in years

Dline - Bailey, Howard, Poe, Jones, King, Roches, Williams, King, Staten, Davis and Ta'amu
    From Bailey to Williams we are loaded on the line that will make us dangerous

LB - Hali, Houston, Ford, Alexander, Wilson, Johnson, March, Mauga, Moses, Massaquoi, Nicolas, Smith, Mulumba and Adams.
    Even if Houston has to miss a few games we are set especially with March coming back from injury we can put him and Wilson in their and be just fine

CB - Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Russell, White, Sorenson, Brown, Carr, Cheek, Fleming, Harris, Jones, and Randolph
    I's so excited about this group this year from Peters to Sorenson so much talent and star power, IF i were you guys i would be excited about Russell, Nelson and White

Safety - Berry, Parker, Murray, and Cooper
    They have said they like Murray from the 4th round at Safety and Cooper is more natural and has better range at Safety, Parker for obvious reasons and Murray is gonna be a stud

Looks good to me. One spot im worried about is the other cb. I dont trust gaines. He looks stiff when he covers.

I think "Depth Everywhere" is Andy Reid's signature. Sorta like "next man up". Perfection? Hell no. But under Reid we seem to be able to survive critical injuries better than most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Looks good to me. One spot im worried about is the other cb. I dont trust gaines. He looks stiff when he covers.
    Man, Gaines is very, very good when healthy. Elite in the slot. If it was me, I'd have Peters at RCB, Gaines at slot, and Russel, White, Nelson, or Cooper (haha, it could happen if he returned to early 2013 form) at LCB. Or, I'd have Gaines start at LCB then slide to slot if needed, and Nelson backup slot.
    The most overrated player on this team is Marcus Peters. He's awesome--and I loved the pick--but I need to see more consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think "Depth Everywhere" is Andy Reid's signature. Sorta like "next man up". Perfection? Hell no. But under Reid we seem to be able to survive critical injuries better than most teams.
    . If we would have had Maclin and Houston healthy for our playoff loss last season we would have won that game for sure. Those 2 critical injuries kicked our ***

yeah but to lose by only 7 points to the Pats without Maclin and Houston is really good though

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    . If we would have had Maclin and Houston healthy for our playoff loss last season we would have won that game for sure. Those 2 critical injuries kicked our ***
    True, but you must keep in mind that we lost Maclin, Houston, Hali was at best at 50% by the Pats game, and of course JC was out. Last year was a tribute to "Next Man Up". We simply had too many key men down or gimpy to beat the Pats in Foxboro.

As I said, "Next Man Up" does not yield perfection but under Reid it yields a team that despite numerous key injuries can still can still be competitive with the best in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    yeah but to lose by only 7 points to the Pats without Maclin and Houston is really good though
    Without Houston, Maclin, JC, Mitch Morse, Duvernay-Tardiff, Eric Fisher was dinged up Take a look at the injury report for the game against the Pats... http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/kansas-...es?season=2015 We were LOADED with walking wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    This brings up a really valid point. We managed to put up 20 points against them despite this, Maclin and Houston would've definitely made up for seven points if they'd been 100%. If we'd had JC back at that point, too...(Insert expletives). You don't win playoff games when the team arrives from the back of an ambulance.

It does make me appreciate how Dorsey has approached draft scenarios where there's no standouts or when we've had our draft picks hand-tied. There's an obvious drop off from the first stringers, so Dorsey focused on the 2nd and 3rd stringers so that the drop off wouldn't be so severe when we had to go to them, not too mention the chance of getting someone who flew under the radar (not easy with all the media attention spent on the draft) and having them be the next breakout star.

Quote Originally Posted by eydugstr View Post
    this brings up a really valid point. We managed to put up 20 points against them despite this, maclin and houston would've definitely made up for seven points if they'd been 100%. If we'd had jc back at that point, too...(insert expletives). You don't win playoff games when the team arrives from the back of an ambulance.

It does make me appreciate how dorsey has approached draft scenarios where there's no standouts or when we've had our draft picks hand-tied. There's an obvious drop off from the first stringers, so dorsey focused on the 2nd and 3rd stringers so that the drop off wouldn't be so severe when we had to go to them, not too mention the chance of getting someone who flew under the radar (not easy with all the media attention spent on the draft) and having them be the next breakout star.
    great post!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast