Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid.....

Default Andy Reid.....

It's a slow time for us Chiefs fans so I'm going to talk about the man Chiefs fans either love or love to hate. The 900 pound gorilla in the room....Andy Reid.

Lets be honest...like all humans, he has his faults. Sometimes his clock management leaves me SMFH and wondering WTH were you thinking Andy? And then there are those 1 yard passes on 3rd and long....WTF OVER!

But with all that said, I must also mention his good points. Regular season record over 3 years 31-17. Made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. Broke the curse. Only 1-2 in the playoffs but the 2 losses came by a combined 8 points. And the Colts loss never should have been a loss anyway. I can't blame Reid for that one. We scored 44 points in that game (the most we have ever scored in a playoff game) so I can't blame that one on Reid. And the Houston win was our first ever shutout of a playoff opponent.

Further...Everybody here will admit that when we were 1-5 last year we had all given up on the season. JC was out for the season. Our goose was cooked. All done. Stick a fork in it. Just the truth. But Reid didn't give up on the season. And with Reid's leadership the team didn't give up on the season. We proceeded to run off 10 straight wins, make the playoffs and win our first playoff game in over 20 years. Thank you Andy Reid.

Reid isn't the best coach in NFL history, but he is a damned good coach and despite his flaws we are damned lucky to have him. Thank you Clark Hunt.

I think we need a new head coach

Im on the fence. Im willing to wait till after this season to make a final judgement. Not like we have a choice anyways. He knows how to manage his players its tue game management that he sucks at.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I think we need a new head coach
    Would you please expand on that comment. I just find it hard to believe anyone would say that unless they are just trying to stir the pot--and there is nothing wrong with that. It's the time of year when pot stirring is good. Personally I think getting rid of Reid would probably be the dumbest thing the Chiefs could do.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Im on the fence. Im willing to wait till after this season to make a final judgement. Not like we have a choice anyways. He knows how to manage his players its tue game management that he sucks at.
    Yup. I think I covered clock management and play-calling and I won't argue with anyone that says he ain't so great at both. But I think he is a great master of motivating players. The troops would charge hell with a cup of water if he asked. As much as his clock management and play-calling do cause problems I think his motivational skills far outweigh those two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Would you please expand on that comment. I just find it hard to believe anyone would say that unless they are just trying to stir the pot--and there is nothing wrong with that. It's the time of year when pot stirring is good. Personally I think getting rid of Reid would probably be the dumbest thing the Chiefs could do.
    I was just kidding you just thought i would have some fun, I do think he has another 7-8 good years in him, i just get so disgusted with his clock managment

I was just kidding you just thought i would have some fun, I do think he has another 7-8 good years in him, i just get so disgusted with his clock managment
    Getting reid would hurt us and set us back several years if his replacement didnt work out. And for that i rsther take my chances with reid unless we know a young and upcoming coach that is a sure fire lock to he good.head coach Payton manning . Wouldnt that be ironic. Lol i hate oth mannings though.

Ive always liked Jon Gruden that man can get it done

Cool....I figured you were just yanking my chain. :) As for the play-calling.....drives me cuckoo sometimes too. Same with the clock-management. But I can live with it because I think the good far outweighs the bad. He ain't the best we've ever had, but I figure he's the best we have seen in a LONG TIME. Maybe the best since Stram.

Vermiel was the 2nd best coach weve had, he was also seen at Chiefs practice the other day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast