Thread: Spencer Ware news

Default Spencer Ware news

Fantasy alert: Chiefs’ Spencer Ware catching a bunch of passes this offseason
    By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Jun 22, 2016, 10:25a 144

 TWEET SHARE (352)
    I’m really excited about Kansas City Chiefs RB Spencer Ware this year. Not only because of plays like this...

... But also because he’s apparently seeing plenty of work this offseason, including catching passes. Fantasy alert!

Ware and RB Charcandrick West got matching contract extensions after last season. Along with the return of RB Jamaal Charles, there’s been plenty of talk about how these three are going to work together. Jamaal is clearly the leader but after him will it be more Ware or more West? The KC Star’s Terez Paylor suggests it could be Ware.

I think Spencer Ware could have a huge year if Andy Reid gets him the ball. He looks great in camp. He’s running hard, he looks quick and he caught a ton of passes in OTAs, so he’s looking like a do-it-all type of back.

That’s from this piece from Terez. Go read the context because he threw this in as an aside but I found it really interesting. I look at Jamaal and West as similar players so that it would either one or the other. Ware, however, has a different skillset than both of them so I could see him be the main guy splitting time with Jamaal or West. If that makes any sense to you.

We’ll wait and see how it goes. Injuries will factor in because that’s a tough position to play. Preseason probably won’t tell us a whole lot and I bet Andy Reid doesn’t want the Chargers to know what they’re facing heading into Week 1.

Just my opinion but I have a feeling that War has Marcus Allen type potential. West and JC are "finesse" runners. Ware can do some of the finesse game but he can also just shove it down the defense's throat. Reminds me a bit of Marcus Allen and John Riggins.