Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Fishers new Deal done

Default Eric Fishers new Deal done

4 Years 63 million that includes 40 Million Gauranteed according to Adam Schefter

If I'm reading that right the team has said this deal frees up some cash so they can get the next priority done with Poe

That would be cool as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    If I'm reading that right the team has said this deal frees up some cash so they can get the next priority done with Poe
    +1. Losing Poe would suck.

I am not a fan a Fisher, but also repeatedly state that none of us knows what is really going on with the teams. He clearly improved this season and obviously has gained the confidence in Dorsey, Reid and Clark Hunt.

I am no sure I agree with this or more specifically the timing of it but there may be another reason that just makes perfect sense on their salary cap. I would prefer to see him play one more year to prove himself to be consistent.

Seek....

I too am not a "fan" of Fishers, but that's simply because I don't feel he has developed as quickly as a #1 overall pick should. I think that he showed in both 2014 and 2015 that he was making progress, just too slowly for my taste as a fan. I think that in the last third of 2015 he started to pull it together.

One thing for certain....we fans know a lot less about what goes on behind the scenes than Reid, Dorsey and Hunt so while I'm not much happy seeing Fisher get this kind of a contract I just have to rub my lucky rabbit foot and trust that Reid, Dorsey and Hunt know what they are doing. The fact that Reid is a former GM and has such a good relationship with Dorsey makes that a little easier for me. I like to think that they work together on major contracts like this and that our Chiefs thereby benefit from the "Two heads are better than one" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not a fan a Fisher, but also repeatedly state that none of us knows what is really going on with the teams. He clearly improved this season and obviously has gained the confidence in Dorsey, Reid and Clark Hunt.

I am no sure I agree with this or more specifically the timing of it but there may be another reason that just makes perfect sense on their salary cap. I would prefer to see him play one more year to prove himself to be consistent.
    I think the timing of it is their tired ofwaiting til the last minuteand then getting in the situation there in with berry and houston last year. So A. I think their trying to avoid having to use the franchise tag thst routes usually cost more in the end cuz what if he has a probowl year. And B. Think their trying to work the salary cap. We can't resign everyone all in one year then all their salaries would prolly be high in the same year but if you stager theor salaries year to year its much easier to manage. And C. Its always cheaper to resign or sign an extention early. Cuz if he out lays it then hes already on the books. The downfall to c is if he flops then you s.o.l but its not that much of a risk if all the signs point up for fisher. I think poe will be next. Then berry if we can afford him but berry would be last in the lecken order behind poe. I think poe is going to have a monster year and id rather aign him soon before he has the monster year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12