Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Post game thoughts on game and the team.

Default Post game thoughts on game and the team.

Got the short end of the stick from the zebras what's new.

Overall I was pretty happy with how the team looked.

That being said my biggest concern with this team going into the game is still my biggest concern

That's CB opposite of Peters. Cooper and Nelson were both picked on by the Seahawks starters. Neither did much to stop it. The Chiefs at the end of the day were able to stop their 1st team from getting a TD but it's still a worry. Some team will cut a good CB. It's just going to happen. If Cooper or Nelson don't step it up then it's up to Dorsey to find that guy.

On offense, I'm very encouraged. I thought the O-line looked good. That's not something that we have been able to say often. It's a very small sample size but still encouraging to see

My personal biggest takeaway from this game is WHAT IN THE FREAKING HELL IS A CATCH IN THE NFL. If you look at the play the Chiefs lost their challenge on the defender had more possession than their WR and the ball hit the ground. I just don't get it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thanks for posting this hollasin! My DVR messed up and didn't record it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That is my feeling as well. We played a pretty vanilla defense and we likely will throughout preseason so who is to really say if Ford has made any of the progress he needs to this year? That said, the fan in me is rather worried about our LB situation and I'm getting just a bit tired of saying Ford just needs a little more time. For me Ford doesn't have much time left.
    I'd agree but that's the frustrating situation that surrounds Dee Ford, sort of a "catch 22" scenario. We can't see him 100% in preseason without showing too much of the defensive scheme that the coaches put in place for him. Last year they seemed to be bringing him in a lot towards the end of the season, maybe this season they'll flip it around, keep Tamba healthier towards the end when it's possible we'll begin a playoff run.

Hey hollasin!!!!

THANK YOU!!!! for posting this! I'm a chef and work 10-12 per day on Fri/Sat/Sun so I miss a lot of games. Posting full game vids is a HUGE service to this community! Watching it now.

No problem, i looked the game up just so i could watch Ford because so many said he played terrible but watched his 20 or so snaps and he didn't come across as terrible to me. Would have loved a little more action from him but it seemed as if him and Zombo where just setting the edge and not really rushing

Quote Originally Posted by hollasin View Post
    No problem, i looked the game up just so i could watch Ford because so many said he played terrible but watched his 20 or so snaps and he didn't come across as terrible to me. Would have loved a little more action from him but it seemed as if him and Zombo where just setting the edge and not really rushing
    He didn't come across as terrible to me. Outside that one play he bit on the fake. That's was really the only time that I noticed. It's preseason and plays like that are what preseason is all about. Getting the rust off and getting it back in gear.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Dee Ford wasn't terrible, but he wasn't good, either.

He lacks any real instincts for the game, and has only one move in the pass rush.

On the O-Line, LDT looks to have made huge strides from last season.
    He, along with Schwartz dominated the right side.
    Parker Ehringer is as technically sound, but showed his lack of functional core strength, so he'll struggle with that this season.
    Overall, though, the O-Line looks like it will be hugely upgraded.

Ehinger will be good he just needs to hit the weight room

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456