Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post game thoughts on game and the team.

Default Post game thoughts on game and the team.

Got the short end of the stick from the zebras what's new.

Overall I was pretty happy with how the team looked.

That being said my biggest concern with this team going into the game is still my biggest concern

That's CB opposite of Peters. Cooper and Nelson were both picked on by the Seahawks starters. Neither did much to stop it. The Chiefs at the end of the day were able to stop their 1st team from getting a TD but it's still a worry. Some team will cut a good CB. It's just going to happen. If Cooper or Nelson don't step it up then it's up to Dorsey to find that guy.

On offense, I'm very encouraged. I thought the O-line looked good. That's not something that we have been able to say often. It's a very small sample size but still encouraging to see

My personal biggest takeaway from this game is WHAT IN THE FREAKING HELL IS A CATCH IN THE NFL. If you look at the play the Chiefs lost their challenge on the defender had more possession than their WR and the ball hit the ground. I just don't get it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Now getting this thread back on topic of the game.

Something I forgot to mention in my original post is Dee Ford.

Justin Houston is going to miss some time. That's just how it is. He's going to need to step it up

Yesterday I didn't see that. A play that stood out to me was a QB fake handoff to the RB and then took the ball himself. Ford was the only defender who bit on the fake and he bit BADLY. If the game was still going he might still be chasing the RB.

It's just preseason of course and the first preseason game at that so it's not panic button time but it was something that had my attention. Hope he gets it together. Really need him to step it up until Houston can get back
    Overall I think Dorsey has done a very good to great job in the draft. But Dee Ford does seem to not have lived up to his draft position. A little more time? MAYBE. But Ford REALLY NEEDS to start earning his money. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    yeah dee ford got beat to the outside and if ot wasnt for peters the rb would have gone for a long td run. pass rush all around was non existant in the 1st half. but it was vanilla so i dont put much stock in the 1st preseason game. its nore just about fundementals. and a more advance practice in a way.
    It's not common for teams to do anything to get much real pressure on the QBS in the preseason. It's a little thing coaches do to make sure their QBS don't get hurt or at least limits the chances of a QB getting hurt then seeing a real blitz or something. Outside the 3rd preseason game where you may see a LITTLE of that. You just don't see it in the preseason much
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

So at this point I think Ramik Wilson is further along than Dee Ford is and the kinda sad, I would have no problem with Ramik being a starter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    So at this point I think Ramik Wilson is further along than Dee Ford is and the kinda sad, I would have no problem with Ramik being a starter
    wilson isnt an olb though i wish he coukd be. but he should start. im afraid dee ford will be a bust. he just doesnt have any instincts. dorsey and reached on him and he failed.

Ford has one move, an outside speed rush

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Thanks SLC. Since Ctchiefsfan and Chiefs4life24 have taken over the site every other post, we've been hanging out on Facebook.
    What are you, like twelve years old? You and your 4,595 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    What are you, like twelve years old? You and your 4,595 posts?
    Exactly. #thetruth

Ford got beat on the rb play but I've seen Justin and Tamba get out ran on plays like that. The play where the qb keep the ball on the option was the 1 time Ford didn't stay outside every other time he stayed outside and the ball got handed off. He stood the tackle up and stood against a double team where him and I believe Wilson mad a stop for no gain. The interception he dropped into coverage and moved with Wilson so he stopped and made the throw and also dropped in coverage in front of the tight end and made Wilson go somewhere else with the pass. He made some bad plays but made some good 1's too

Ford wasn't great the first team defense was bad as a whole luckily Peters mad a great play. Lets save some judgement til after the 3rd preseason game

Really didn't have a chance to review Ford's play, but it's hard to judge because it's preseason - Sutton might have been holding some stuff back including plays from Dee Ford. Ford did make some improvement last year, especially towards the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Really didn't have a chance to review Ford's play, but it's hard to judge because it's preseason - Sutton might have been holding some stuff back including plays from Dee Ford. Ford did make some improvement last year, especially towards the end of the season.
    That is my feeling as well. We played a pretty vanilla defense and we likely will throughout preseason so who is to really say if Ford has made any of the progress he needs to this year? That said, the fan in me is rather worried about our LB situation and I'm getting just a bit tired of saying Ford just needs a little more time. For me Ford doesn't have much time left.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast