Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi all, new member here. I was a Rams fan but just can't seem to get over my hate for the owner. Always liked the Cheifs and have a few buds that are big Cheifs fans. Not trying to be a bandwagon fan just love watching football and having a team to root for! Looks like Cheifs have solid team with chance to be good for awhile! Cheers!

Welcome to the Greatest fan forum on Planet Earth, Enjoy your time, have a laugh, lets kick some ***

also post as much as you want. Welcome to the real Missouri team. lol we finally have some depth. Should be a promising season.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

WELCOME Bojack! Sorry about your Rams, but glad you have seen the true light! Don't be a stranger.

Welcome, Bojack! Nobody can fault you for trading up.

You will find the best, most hardcore Chiefs fans here, good conversation and sometimes strong opinions, all the latest Chiefs News posted automatically, and a fun in-game thread on game day. Feel free to look around and add your two cents worth. Every penny helps!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Thanks fellas! Trying to learn as much about team as possible. I do have a couple questions. How bad was J Charles ACL tear and is it realistic that he makes it through the year healthy? Who are ya'lls favorite players?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojack34 View Post
    Thanks fellas! Trying to learn as much about team as possible. I do have a couple questions. How bad was J Charles ACL tear and is it realistic that he makes it through the year healthy? Who are ya'lls favorite players?
    When it comes to Xs and Os I am probably one of the least knowledgeable around here--I'm a Chiefs fan not a football expert--but I'll try my best to answer your questions.

JC's ACL tear was bad....but then all ACL tears are bad. That said, he came back from his last one better than ever so I expect he will be fine this year. Even if he doesn't, West and Ware did an amazing tag-team job last year after JC went down so even if JC doesn't have a great year I'm confident we will have a very good rushing game this year.

As for my favorite players....Right up there is Tamba Hali. Two years ago he took a pay cut so he could finish his career as a Chief and so we would have some extra cash to get the Justin Houston deal done. I like players that care about the team as much or more than they do the cash.

Another favorite of mine is Alex Smith. Not because he is the greatest QB, but more because I admire his character. He got a raw deal in SF losing his job to Kaepernick after he got injured. Then he got traded. But he came to KC and while he's far from the greatest, he's had the 3 best years of his career with the Chiefs. I like a guy that doesn't quit when the going gets tough. Besides....Smith kind of reminds me of a "poor man's Roger Staubach" and when I was young I loved Roger the Dodger.

Last player I will mention is not quite one of my favorites yet but probably will be shortly...Jeremy Maclin. Only reason I don't call him one of my favorites yet is because he's only been with us one year and no player becomes a favorite of mine that quickly. I like him because he is damned good and because he also seems to have a wide loyalty streak like Tamba Hali does. If I can believe what I have read about the way Andy Reid stole him away from Philly, Maclin was really torn between being loyal to Philly and being loyal to Reid. In the end, loyalty to Reid and a little bit of extra cash made him decide to bail out of Philly and come to KC. So he is not "one of my favorites" yet but I expect that in a year or two he will be.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 08-16-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Welcome to the forum Bojack. Sorry to see how that situation got handled between the Rams & St. Louis fans. You're joining the Chiefs at a good time - the Dorsey/Reid era so far has treated us well.

Hey All. rather than start a new thread i thought i would add onto this one as I'm in the same boat as Bojack; a Rams fan that was given the middle finger by Kroenke.

Though i live in Australia I had been an extremely passionate Rams fan for many years, so much so that it caused me to grow strong ties to STL and Missouri as a whole, visited a handful of times..

The way the Rams move was handled in general and especially the way they crapped on the people of st. louis pushed me over the edge.
    so i became a fan free agent and Missouri being a state i love meant the Chiefs were the obvious potential new team.
    For the past month or so i have been knee deep reading about Chiefs history and lore and watching assorted videos etc, traditionally i didn't know a ton about the chiefs, other than i've always admired Arrowhead.
    I have to say I'm very impressed! Chiefs Kingdom, you should be proud.. its infectious and i want to be apart of it!
    in just a few months i already feel the difference supporting a team that actually cares about it's fans..
    Last edited by Dizzy; 09-19-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast