Thread: First Cuts

Default First Cuts

Chiefs cut WR Mike Williams, S Stevie Brown

By Joel Thorman @JoelThorman Aug 24, 2016, 8:05p

The Kansas City Chiefs are getting their 2016 NFL roster cuts in early. The Chiefs announced via Twitter that they’ve cut WR Mike Williams and S Stevie Brown.

The Chiefs cut will their roster from 90 to 75 players by next Tuesday, and then down to 53 players that weekend.
    Neither are a huge surprise although at some point in their journey as Chiefs you could’ve talked me into them making the team. Williams’ training camp was up and down. His highs were very high as he made some great catches. Unfortunately he dropped some too. It’s hard to be inconsistent in Andy Reid’s offense.
    Brown is a slight surprise right now. I thought when he was signed earlier this year he could’ve been that third safety that the Chiefs lost when Husain Abdullah retired and Tyvon Branch signed with the Cardinals. With Eric Berry out, it’s been Daniel Sorensen and Eric Murray seeing more safety snaps.

When was the last time we had 1-5 at the WR position solidified?

Maclin, Conley, Hill, Wilson and Streater with Rookie Robinson waiting in the wings

Same thing with the O-line

Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Tardif who looks awesome compared to last year, Schwartz is as good as advertised, Fulton, Reid, and Pughsley

Running Back we have the best trio in the league

Charles, West and Ware

TE

Kelce, Harris and Travis will be our TE's

D-line is loaded

Poe, Davis, Howard, Jones is a stud he has superhuman strength, Roches and Williams

LB is gonna be a solid position when we get Hali and Houston back

Houston, Hali, Johnson, Ford, Alexander, March, Mauga, Massaquoi, Moses, Wilson, Zombo and Nicholas who is playing great according to analysts

Corner a lot of you have been not happy with but i think will be good

Peters (DUH), Gaines no of you agree with me but he is the second best on the team watch the Green Bay game from last year, Nelson is really good, White was the steal of the draft and I would be totally comfortable with him starting, Sorenson and Russell who I believe just needs another year and will be fine

Safety - If and when Berry comes back that will be good, Parker and Murray I would keep an eye on Murray this year

Well thats what I think Fire away guys, thats just the vibe i get

I think that on paper we look pretty damned good....if we get all our people back and if they stay healthy. But until Houston is back terrorizing enemy QBs I am going to be worried. Without Houston our secondary worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    When was the last time we had 1-5 at the WR position solidified?

Maclin, Conley, Hill, Wilson and Streater with Rookie Robinson waiting in the wings

Same thing with the O-line

Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Tardif who looks awesome compared to last year, Schwartz is as good as advertised, Fulton, Reid, and Pughsley

Running Back we have the best trio in the league

Charles, West and Ware

TE

Kelce, Harris and Travis will be our TE's

D-line is loaded

Poe, Davis, Howard, Jones is a stud he has superhuman strength, Roches and Williams

LB is gonna be a solid position when we get Hali and Houston back

Houston, Hali, Johnson, Ford, Alexander, March, Mauga, Massaquoi, Moses, Wilson, Zombo and Nicholas who is playing great according to analysts

Corner a lot of you have been not happy with but i think will be good

Peters (DUH), Gaines no of you agree with me but he is the second best on the team watch the Green Bay game from last year, Nelson is really good, White was the steal of the draft and I would be totally comfortable with him starting, Sorenson and Russell who I believe just needs another year and will be fine

Safety - If and when Berry comes back that will be good, Parker and Murray I would keep an eye on Murray this year

Well thats what I think Fire away guys, thats just the vibe i get
    you can't say Gaines is good just cuz one game against green bay plus they didn't even have Nelson and they were hurting at Wes. but a few good games doesn't mean squat. all you have to do is kook at Cooper for proof. also you can't say if Nelson is any good yet either. cb prolly will be our weak spot once we get Houston back.

Gaines was awesome in several games last year before he got hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Gaines was awesome in several games last year before he got hurt
    so? so was Cooper a few years ago. like all our CBS. It helps having a pass rush we had as well. and he wasn't going against numbers ones and twos. Smith and Peters was. before Sean got back fromhis suspension our pass defense sucked. Gaines has never impressed me. he always looked off to me.

Two cut and several more to go after preseason week 3!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

I'm not surprised Williams got cut. I am surprised at how soon it happened. I thought he would make it to the final cuts
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If nothing else these two moves probably saved us $1 million plus in cap space.