Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Chiefs @ Da Bears Official Game Day Thread***

Default ***Chiefs @ Da Bears Official Game Day Thread***

Daaaa Bears!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

(Pre-season Edition)

The Kansas City Chiefs (Last season: 11-5)

vs

The Chicago
    Bears (Last season: 6-10)

Saturday, August 27, 12:00pm CT
    at
    Soldier Field

Chicago, Illinois

Television coverage:
    Kansas City

Topeka

St. Louis

Radio Coverage:
    Kansas City

Lawrence/Topeka:

Manhattan, KS:

St. Louis

Watch online:
    DimSports Try this one first
    Stream-HD
    Boss Cast
    atdhe.ru
    Feed2All
    Stream2Watch.me
    (4 streams)
    RojaDirecta.me NEW! (11 Streams)

Disclaimer: Links are provided for your convenience. No guarantee is made regarding quality of links or even if they work at all. Use a browser with an adblocker and always make sure your antivirus software is up to date. Use at your own risk.

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather forecast: 78 degrees farenheit, light rain 8 mph SSE winds

Line: Chiefs -2, Over/Under: 41

Notable Quotables:
    Chiefs:
    "Listen, in all phases we’re not there yet. In all phases we can get better at things. There are some good things – some things we need to work on and that’s what we’re doing. We’re going to keep trying to get better every day that we get a chance to come out on the field.”--Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid

Bears: "From last year we should be used to [change]; we had a lot of guys coming in and out. Through training camp we saw a lot of different faces coming in and out of the huddle. So I think the comfort level kind of grew with a lot of guys. So it'll be a test. It's preseason. It's a good time to do these things."--Bears QB Jay Cutler

Injury Report:
    Chiefs:
    NAME, POS STATUS DATE
    De'Anthony Thomas, WR Probable Aug 25
    Tamba Hali, LB Questionable Aug 25
    Tyler Bray, QB Questionable Aug 25
    Charcandrick West, RB Probable Aug 25
    Jamaal Charles, RB Probable Aug 25

Bears:
    NAME, POS STATUS DATE
    Cornelius Washington, DL Probable Aug 23
    Zach Miller, TE Probable Aug 25
    Tracy Porter, DB Probable Aug 25
    Danny Trevathan, LB Probable Aug 25
    Kyle Long, OL Questionable Aug 25
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Depth Chart:
    Chiefs:

Bears:

Chiefs vs. Bears: Game Preview
    From Chiefs.com

Posted Aug 26, 2016

Pete Sweeney
    Chiefs Reporter
    Chiefs.com
    Email @pgsween

The third preseason game of the year serves as the final dress rehearsal for Chiefs starters

The Kansas City Chiefs travel to Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois, to take on the Chicago Bears this Saturday afternoon in their third game of the preseason.

Typically speaking, the third preseason game serves as the final dress rehearsal for each team’s starters, as many coaches tend to rest the first-team players in game four.

In his final media opportunity of the week, head coach Andy Reid said the Chiefs starters will play the first half and depending on how things go, could continue to play in the third quarter.

Alex Smith
    will look to build upon a great start this preseason, one in which he has led the offense to back-to-back opening-drive touchdowns.

“You want to go out, get in a rhythm and score points,” he said about his mentality entering game three. “On our time out there, we know it will be a little longer this week, but we’ll try to be efficient when we’re out there. We’ll take care of our business and have that sense of urgency every single play, every time we get the football. I feel like we’ve done a great job of that up until this point with that.”

Wide receivers Jeremy Maclin and Chris Conley have been stars for Smith this preseason, as they have put up 68 and 66 yards, respectively, to lead the team.

Conley, in Smith’s eyes, has especially taken strides in his second preseason.

“The guy is extremely physically talented,” Smith added. “You just start banking things that you’re learning, whether it’s out at practice or in the games. They all contribute to being a good football player and in his case, a well-rounded receiver. To be able to move him around, to be able to understand how he’s being played and all the adjustments we’re making, his sense of urgency of seeing things together with me has continued to improve. I think it will continue to improve as well. That’s his nature. The guy soaks up everything.”

With QB Tyler Bray not playing for the Chiefs, expect Aaron Murray to take third-team reps, and with Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West and Trey Millard being held out, Spencer Ware could again start with the first team, followed by Knile Davis and Darrin Reaves later in the game.

Ware has recorded 61 yards rushing on 15 carries with 2 touchdowns this preseason.

On defense, the Chiefs have two positions to watch in particular—the inside “Mike” linebacker position and the right cornerback position.

LB Josh Mauga, who started for the Chiefs at the “Mike” last year, has yet to play this preseason and will once again miss Saturday’s game, so second-year hopefuls Ramik Wilson and Justin March are worth watching.

“They’re all competing well and I think it’s going to be a close battle,” defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said this week of Wilson and March. “You love the idea that there’s competition and that they’re going to make a decision that’s hard. To me, that’s a positive for our team.”

As far as the right cornerback position goes, the expectation is that the anticipated starter, Phillip Gaines, will see his first in-game action of the preseason against the Bears.

“I think probably the most important thing is he’s becoming more comfortable with where he’s at,” Sutton said of Gaines. “I think Phillip is getting more confident, and also, I think his reactions, and timing and those type of things have consequently increased – just by being out there. It’s just not the injury. You’ve got to get back out there, see things in football speed and then, we want your body to go where your mind is telling it to go as quick as it can, and I think that’s starting to come back for him.”

Along with Mauga, fellow linebackers Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and Dezman Moses will also miss the game.
    The most obvious difference in the 2016 Chicago Bears team is that they are now without Matt Forte, who departed for the New York Jets this offseason. Jeremy Langford, who is entering his second year after the Bears drafted him last season, is the team’s new presumed starter at the position.

So far this preseason, Langford has 12 carries for 62 yards rushing and a touchdown, and he should provide a nice challenge for the Chiefs first-team defense come Saturday. Jay Cutler leads the Bears first-team offense with playmaking receivers Alshon Jeffery and Kevin White.

Though the Bears have been facing many injuries this preseason, Cutler still seemed confident about his team when he spoke to the media this week.

"From last year, we should be used to it; we had a lot of guys coming in and out," Cutler said, via chicagobears.com. "Through training camp we saw a lot of different faces coming in and out of the huddle. So I think the comfort level kind of grew with a lot of guys. So it'll be a test. It's preseason. It's a good time to do these things."

After two games and two losses, the Chiefs will attempt to earn their first victory of the preseason this Saturday against the Bears.

With starters unlikely to play in the fourth and final preseason contest against the Green Bay Packers, a win for Kansas City would provide confidence headed into the 2016 regular-season campaign, so quickly approaching in a little less than three weeks.

TopekaRoy.....

Thank you as always for the game preview, insights and links to possible livestreams. I truly appreciate the effort you put into this weekly thread. As an out-of-area Chiefs fan these threads really enhance my enjoyment of the season.

On a side note....Back in the '80s my next door neighbor was a Bears fan. And we were both fanatic Redskin haters (we lived in Md) and football fans. My then wife would just leave the house on Sundays. She knew Paul and I were just going to watch football. I watched that great season the Bears had back then. I'm not a Bears fan but I still have fond memories of all the years Paul and I watched football together so I always have a soft spot in my heart for the Bears. I don't care who wins this game, so long as the Chiefs starters look sharp.

And for everybody else here on ChiefsCrowd....I'll be working again today so please keep up the chatter. When I can't watch the game I really enjoy coming home and reading through this thread. Gives me a bit of "feel" for how the game went. THANKS GUYS!

Yeah, CT. Since it is pre-season I don't care who wins but if I had to bet I would put my money on the Chiefs. I just don't want anybody to get hurt. I expect a lot of scoring in the first half because neither teams' defense has looked too sharp so far with key players out. I also hate the Redskins, but not as much as I hate the Packers, Broncos and Raiders!

It seems like everyone who loves football likes the '85 era Bears regardless of who your favorite team is, and not just because they were one of the best football teams of all time. They had such great characters on that team with William "Refrigerater" Perry, Steve "Mongo" McMichael, Mike Singletary, "Sweetness," "Da Coach" and his feud with DC Buddy Ryan ...

And who can forget (try as we might) that awful Superbowl Shuffle?

I just noticed that the game will also be broadcast live on the NFL Network so if you are not in a Chiefs (or Bears) Market, you can watch it there. I'm posting an online link for NFL Network if you need it, but if you are going to watch online I'd try the links in post #2 to see if you can find a Kansas City" stream.

NFL Network Link
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-27-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Only computer I have is my IPhone 6s. Is there ways to watch the game from my device?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Only computer I have is my IPhone 6s. Is there ways to watch the game from my device?
    Yes, indeedy, there is. Download Kodi for IOS. You will find oodles of links in the Castaway add-on and the SportsDevil add-on.

Just follow instructions in this post.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast