Thread: Can't find Derrick Thomas jerseys for sale.

Default Can't find Derrick Thomas jerseys for sale.

New to the forum and glad to be here. I'm wanting to get a new jersey for the season, and was hoping to pick up a DT one, however I can only find current players and a few previous players (Len Dawson, Marcus Allen, Joe Montana...). Does anyone know why DT might not be available, or where I can find one?

I don't live in KC right now and wonder if they're available in stores in KC? Is my best bet to personalize a jersey with D. Thomas* and 58?

*not to be confused with DeAnthony Thomas mind you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPatrickBrewer View Post
    New to the forum and glad to be here. I'm wanting to get a new jersey for the season, and was hoping to pick up a DT one, however I can only find current players and a few previous players (Len Dawson, Marcus Allen, Joe Montana...). Does anyone know why DT might not be available, or where I can find one?

I don't live in KC right now and wonder if they're available in stores in KC? Is my best bet to personalize a jersey with D. Thomas* and 58?

*not to be confused with DeAnthony Thomas mind you!!
    Here you go... http://www.chiefsnflofficialstore.co...SEY-CHEAP.html

It's not an "official" jersey I don't think, but close enough. Now if you are rich just go to Amazon and buy an autographed DT jersey that is "official" and verified and all that sort of thing but BEWARE....they start at about $1,100 and go up from there.

I've heard bad things about those unofficial sites and want to get a decent jersey. Does anyone know why they don't seem to be available anywhere legit?

Is my best bet to get a custom jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPatrickBrewer View Post
    I've heard bad things about those unofficial sites and want to get a decent jersey. Does anyone know why they don't seem to be available anywhere legit?

Is my best bet to get a custom jersey?
    If you want an "official" jersey then custom seems to be the way to go. Why aren't they available? My guess is because DT was a while back so no company wants to risk the investment of making 10,000 of them and potentially only selling a few hundred. Horrible to say this, but DT passed away over 16 years ago so fans much under 30 don't really remember him. Sure...they have heard the stories but do they really remember screaming their lungs out every time he drove an enemy QB into the dirt? And are they willing to spend that $80-$120 for an "official" DT jersey?

As to the quality of the inexpensive knock-offs. I have never bought a jersey that way, but my cheap knock-off Chiefs hat that was made in China is good quality and very good-looking. I wear it every day here in Ct during the season and it has been sweated in, rained on and snowed on and it is still in fine shape.