Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to say about game 1

Default What to say about game 1

I normally start with the good but I'm going to do something different today.
    The bad

The defense through most of that game. And I use the word defense lightly. They stunk. They were horrible. No pressure couldn't tackle. Couldn't cover ANYONE. They were slightly better in most the 2nd half. The Chargers losing Allen probably played a role in that.

The offense wasn't much better in the first half. Mistake after mistake. Couldn't do much. Alex held onto the ball far to long and gave up on a couple of plays. The Online wasn't helping much.

All this has to change. It's not going to lead to many wins if it doesn't.

Now the good

WHAT A FREAKING COMEBACK.

Alex Smith STEPPED IT UP as did Ware. And game on the line Maclin and Kelice both showed up.

The D when the game was on the line FINALLY DID SOMETHING. That is something at least. They showed at least some clutch in them.

Just an amazing way to start the season. And something that they can build on. Houston is going to be tough next week. They will be VERY motivated for this team. GET IT DONE BOYS. LETS BUILD ON THIS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by hollasin View Post
    If he ran over to Allen and yanked off his helmet I would say I'm. He reached for Allen and both times Allen ducked from Peters and it went from attempting to grab the body to grabbing the helmet. I'm not saying Peters is squeaky clean player the personal fouls weren't intent from where I stand. Now pushing Rivers was a stupid play but directly after when a Chargers player got in his face he keep calm. Granted it was a lineman but still hot heads don't really care who they argue with.

I wish Tamba and Houston would say things to the refs as much as they get held maybe the refs would actually call something. I get the attitude can be a bit much but it's what makes him a good player and a bad player. He's a player that plays with emotion and it can bite him at times but that emotion can also get the rest of the team going.

And I'm not trying to argue just giving a different view point on the situation because everybody see's things differently
    I am just concerned. People from Washington say he is a ticking time bomb. He is on good behavior now but feel once he becomes acclimated and finds some success, he will become a problem. After week one, there is signs they may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am just concerned. People from Washington say he is a ticking time bomb. He is on good behavior now but feel once he becomes acclimated and finds some success, he will become a problem. After week one, there is signs they may be right.
    Did u notice he didn't get flagged as that 2nd time of ripping off the helmet because Allen never buckled it. Easy for a helmet to come off if you don't buckle the chin strap

Let's put this into some perspective. Yes, he was let go, but the same (then new) coaching staff also released 8 players in a short amount of time.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...dismissed-team

It's too easy to make the guy out to be Dale Carter v2.0. Will readily admit the first thought that went through my head when Peters got that INT on his first NFL play was "Wow, just like Dale Carter...Oh crud, just like Dale Carter." But trying to start up an anti-Peters bandwagon just because he raised a fist in the air (after getting permission from the coach) is a BIG difference from what Carter did when he first got to KC (getting caught riding in a car that was firing shots in Westport).

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Let's put this into some perspective. Yes, he was let go, but the same (then new) coaching staff also released 8 players in a short amount of time.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...dismissed-team

It's too easy to make the guy out to be Dale Carter v2.0. Will readily admit the first thought that went through my head when Peters got that INT on his first NFL play was "Wow, just like Dale Carter...Oh crud, just like Dale Carter." But trying to start up an anti-Peters bandwagon just because he raised a fist in the air (after getting permission from the coach) is a BIG difference from what Carter did when he first got to KC (getting caught riding in a car that was firing shots in Westport).
    It has nothing to do with his fist. I could care less. His tone though in the interview, did bother me. He has a chip on his shoulder and that shows on the field.

Half the team pumped their first in the air at the end of the anthem when he crowd yelled Chiefs. Specifically Travis Kelce. There is no press on that, just as there shouldn't be on Peters.

I know he got to participate in the pro day and I wanna say he was allowed back to workout with the team some. He admitted he deserved to be kicked off the team due to being immature and throwing a hissy fit. If it becomes a trend then by all means call him out.

But having a chip on their shoulder is what makes players great. Everybody has said he loves football and studies his craft extremely hard, football is a game where he gotta have a few edgy players just due to the craziness of the game. Attitude can make or break you let's not start to call it negative but push for it to become controlled

It's early, but Sunday's game was so unacceptable. I'm really looking to see how we fair against Houston. Fingers crossed.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

It has nothing to do with his fist. I could care less. His tone though in the interview, did bother me. He has a chip on his shoulder and that shows on the field.

Half the team pumped their first in the air at the end of the anthem when he crowd yelled Chiefs. Specifically Travis Kelce. There is no press on that, just as there shouldn't be on Peters.
    Again, Its just concern I have. I had one last year with Travis Kelce holing on to the ball instead of show boating. Peters is my sons favorite player. I am really concerned he is a drama diva.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123