Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to say about game 1

Default What to say about game 1

I normally start with the good but I'm going to do something different today.
    The bad

The defense through most of that game. And I use the word defense lightly. They stunk. They were horrible. No pressure couldn't tackle. Couldn't cover ANYONE. They were slightly better in most the 2nd half. The Chargers losing Allen probably played a role in that.

The offense wasn't much better in the first half. Mistake after mistake. Couldn't do much. Alex held onto the ball far to long and gave up on a couple of plays. The Online wasn't helping much.

All this has to change. It's not going to lead to many wins if it doesn't.

Now the good

WHAT A FREAKING COMEBACK.

Alex Smith STEPPED IT UP as did Ware. And game on the line Maclin and Kelice both showed up.

The D when the game was on the line FINALLY DID SOMETHING. That is something at least. They showed at least some clutch in them.

Just an amazing way to start the season. And something that they can build on. Houston is going to be tough next week. They will be VERY motivated for this team. GET IT DONE BOYS. LETS BUILD ON THIS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Peters was to emotional. He needs to hide that or else team will go after him to get him out of his game. Hes licky he didnt get ejected when he shoved rivers. Thankfully the reffs didnt see it.

Where is everyone at. This site is a ghost site now compared to what it used to be. There used to be tons more activity and analyzing the games on here. I might notbhabe agree with everyones views but I still enjoyed their point of views and the debates.

A lot of people now just follow the team on Facebook and comment there. I am also an aquarium enthusiast and the same phenomenon is killing pretty much all the aquaria websire forums.

As for myself, it's going to be hard to watch them this year. Peters, a super rich, spoiled brat who makes 1000x more in one year than I will in my entire life demonstrating against the country who gave 628,000 lives to free him and who passed 3 Constitutional Amendments to protect his rights can go to h@ll.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    As for myself, it's going to be hard to watch them this year. Peters, a super rich, spoiled brat who makes 1000x more in one year than I will in my entire life demonstrating against the country who gave 628,000 lives to free him and who passed 3 Constitutional Amendments to protect his rights can go to h@ll.
    I really dont have an issue with any protest as long as its peaceful. At 1st when kapernick just sat down onbthe bench i was ticked off but his trick worked and its brought attention to the issue. What i like better is instead of kneeling or sitting their standing and enterlocking arms. Which shows respect to both sides in my opinion. Atleast kap isnt just talk and atleast donating money andbtime to the cause and so does peters back in oakland where hes from. So they are atleast backing it up besides just words. And peters been doing stuff for his hometown before now. I just try to consider that his background andnup bring in cali might give him a different view. Its their right to voice their opinions. Thats whats america is about. If we shun them out then how are we any different country that doesnt let their people have freedom of speech and beliefs. Now what i dknt like about kapernick was the socks that had pics of cops as pig. That was over the line and it doesnt givenkidsbthe right impression of cops. Cant blame alll cops for actions of a few. Anyways thays my opinion on that subject. If fans dont reallyblike it then they can all leave the stadium after the national anthem if they really feel offended andbwant to make a stand. People love to complain but dont want tobdo anything about it atleast peters has been prwcticingnwhat hes preaching.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Based on what we have come to expect from him, yes. 3 tackles and one pass defended. I think some of that had to do with the front seven not getting pressure on the QB. Rivers was only hit 3 times and only sacked once. Derrick Johnson, who usually leads the team in tackles only had 4 yesterday. Tamba only had one tackle but I'm not sure how much he played. Zombo who plays the same position as him had 6.

On the bright side Stephen--Phillip Gaines' backup--led the team with 9 tackles. After missing the pre-season, Eric Berry was solid with 6 tackles.
    TY for posting that & the stats. Hopefully our current d-line and linebackers can pull it together and start tackling better at the line of scrimmage. Teams now know what we have in Peters, so my guess is his numbers will go down because teams won't throw his way.

I am starting to see the signs of Marcus Peters being a problem. There were people who knew him and said it is only a matter of time before he starts being a trouble maker. At times on Sunday he looked like a thug by grabbing helmets and ripping them off, while running his mouth. Then his after game interview, was not impressive to me, when the started asking him about why raised his arm during the national anthem. He was getting very defensive and snooty.

I don't want an Akib Talib on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am starting to see the signs of Marcus Peters being a problem. There were people who knew him and said it is only a matter of time before he starts being a trouble maker. At times on Sunday he looked like a thug by grabbing helmets and ripping them off, while running his mouth. Then his after game interview, was not impressive to me, when the started asking him about why raised his arm during the national anthem. He was getting very defensive and snooty.

I don't want an Akib Talib on our team.
    He got emotional in the game that happens. He had 1 game of letting his emotions get to him lets not overact and call him a thug. Andre Johnson beat the crap out of a player on the field, Maclin talks junk all game and gets in players face neither 1 of them are considered thugs or was their actions called thuggish. Plenty of players have had situations like this and some have had great careers. Aaron Donald grabbed a player and pushed his helmet does that automatically make him a thug?

As far as the after the game interview coming off a game like that to an extremely emotion topic he may have been defensive but he is only like 22. Young adults don't always know handle situations with a calm or cooled head. We gotta allow for growth before we start to rip every situation

Quote Originally Posted by hollasin View Post
    He got emotional in the game that happens. He had 1 game of letting his emotions get to him lets not overact and call him a thug. Andre Johnson beat the crap out of a player on the field, Maclin talks junk all game and gets in players face neither 1 of them are considered thugs or was their actions called thuggish. Plenty of players have had situations like this and some have had great careers. Aaron Donald grabbed a player and pushed his helmet does that automatically make him a thug?

As far as the after the game interview coming off a game like that to an extremely emotion topic he may have been defensive but he is only like 22. Young adults don't always know handle situations with a calm or cooled head. We gotta allow for growth before we start to rip every situation
    He fell to us in the draft for getting kicked off his College team for the same stupid behavior. As the season progressed Peters was getting more and more vocal with the refs and did start pulling some personal fouls. His aggressiveness an attention seeking antics are exactly what the Nay Sayers from Washington told us to expect after his honeymoon period to the NFL.

Marcus Peters is my son's favorite players. I like him a lot too. However, I don't like having to explain to my son how Allen's helmet was ripped off his head by Marcus, and then try to explain to him that it is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He fell to us in the draft for getting kicked off his College team for the same stupid behavior. As the season progressed Peters was getting more and more vocal with the refs and did start pulling some personal fouls. His aggressiveness an attention seeking antics are exactly what the Nay Sayers from Washington told us to expect after his honeymoon period to the NFL.

Marcus Peters is my son's favorite players. I like him a lot too. However, I don't like having to explain to my son how Allen's helmet was ripped off his head by Marcus, and then try to explain to him that it is normal.
    If he ran over to Allen and yanked off his helmet I would say I'm. He reached for Allen and both times Allen ducked from Peters and it went from attempting to grab the body to grabbing the helmet. I'm not saying Peters is squeaky clean player the personal fouls weren't intent from where I stand. Now pushing Rivers was a stupid play but directly after when a Chargers player got in his face he keep calm. Granted it was a lineman but still hot heads don't really care who they argue with.

I wish Tamba and Houston would say things to the refs as much as they get held maybe the refs would actually call something. I get the attitude can be a bit much but it's what makes him a good player and a bad player. He's a player that plays with emotion and it can bite him at times but that emotion can also get the rest of the team going.

And I'm not trying to argue just giving a different view point on the situation because everybody see's things differently

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast