Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 Texans Pregame

Default Game 2 Texans Pregame

Ok so I am very worried about this game.

The Texans have all the motivation in the world to deliver a beatdown. They have a VERY good underrated WR IMO against our secondary that to say the least showed they have some issues in game 1.

This I fear will not be a pretty one for the Chiefs

But maybe I'm just worrying a bit to much?

Anyone else have these fears?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

The Texans have all the motivation in the world to deliver a beatdown. They have a VERY good underrated WR IMO against our secondary that to say the least showed they have some issues in game 1.

Yes im concerned about our secondary. Peters wasnt any good either. But im hoping it was just the lack of bekng ready to play or being over hyped and trying to do to much. Ibhope this last weeks game was a wake up call and they will start out better prepared and settled down. Plus theirs atleast kne week of game field to study and to kinda game plan. I think the 1st game is the hardest cuz your not sure what to expect from the opponents.

Well they are worried about stopping the run with leading tackler Cushing out. If you play the same as this past Sunday then it will be a long game. The Texans D will throw different looks at Alex Smith and that will be a key part of the game to see how he is able to deal with the schemes. Will Fuller is going to have a big game, as well as Hopkins but the rest can be contained. Should be a great game to watch! Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

I've been worried about how our defense would look since we found out Houston would be out for a while. Throw in Hali slowing down and I was very worried. Certainly didn't see anything Sunday to alleviate those worries. BUT...once the offense started to get moving the Defense found a way to mostly keep the Chargers off the board. It wasn't especially pretty, but it was ENOUGH.

So...I'm still worried, but at least I know they don't have any quit in them. Meantime, I think we have a good enough Offense to keep us in the game against most anyone.

Both our starting guards are out for houston.

Doesn't look great to be honest. I'll try & keep my head-up, but last week crushed me. Yeah...a win is a win, but I really thought more of the Chiefs. You might say..."Well it's early" but we we're @ home playing against the Chargers (a better team then they're given credit for) Still, I don't like our D @ all. As for Charles, I'm happy for him. Aside from Ware & West, let's not forget about what he has done for us. I don't think we could get more then a 3rd rounder for him. What's a 3rd rounder for the Chiefs anyway? We just let go Russell go. Sorry....Not a happy fan @ the moment.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Keep your chin up Mass! This game against Houston does look like a rough one. They have about maximum motivation to beat us but by the same token our Defense knows that they almost cost us a win last week and would have if not for the heroics by the Offense. Our Defense should be highly motivated to make up for last Sunday's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Keep your chin up Mass! This game against Houston does look like a rough one. They have about maximum motivation to beat us but by the same token our Defense knows that they almost cost us a win last week and would have if not for the heroics by the Offense. Our Defense should be highly motivated to make up for last Sunday's performance.
    I think the games means alot to both teams. I think for both teams this game will show whos more of the contender rather than the pretender. This is a statement game for both teams i think.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think the games means alot to both teams. I think for both teams this game will show whos more of the contender rather than the pretender. This is a statement game for both teams i think.
    I hear where you are coming from and for the most part agree. BUT it is still only one game out of 16 and we saw last year how the worm can turn. I want us to win this game in the worst way and I want our Defense to be a big part of that win, but in the end it is still only one game out of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    CT I will of course. I'm just worried that's all. Let's just hope we can pull it off. The Texans are better then last year & of course they are @ home. I'm sure they would like some payback. Love 1:00 games myself. Fingers crossed.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast