Thread: Intrigued St Louisan...

Default Intrigued St Louisan...

I tried to continue being a rams fan, I really did. But I realized after last night I can't continue to put up with their poor play now that they're gone (which sucks because I already have tickets to their week 3 game). I came to this forum because the chiefs have really caught my interest, I love Jeremy Maclin and their defense, and the stadium atmosphere is crazy (I was there when you guys whipped the rams). I want to know what makes you guys really love the team, maybe if I find out more about the team I can hopefully become a hardcore fan

For me they are the home team and they got me into pro football. Before they moved to town I did not know anything about pro teams, I did not follow any team, I cannot tell you anything about any player before then other than I have heard since, they are the team that got me started. In KC I don't remember watching a game on TV before they got to town. If the Chiefs left town most of the fun of NFL is gone to me and I would lose interest, I would not replace my love/hate for the team with another and I would not continue to like them, just like when the A's left town, I could care less about them but the Royals replaced them. To me the KC Chiefs have been part of my home town and me for over 50 years, they are the only pro team I have ever rooted for since they came to town and I was a teenager.

Everything to love from the colors of the team,deep history in the nfl, their awesome stadium ,fans, heated rivalries,great stadium bbq and experience. Class act organization.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Everything to love from the colors of the team,deep history in the nfl, their awesome stadium ,fans, heated rivalries,great stadium bbq and experience. Class act organization.
    You guys honestly do have the best stadium environment I've ever seen (and I've been to green bay). I'm planning on making a trip out there week 3 and learning more about the team!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchhit View Post
    I tried to continue being a rams fan, I really did. But I realized after last night I can't continue to put up with their poor play now that they're gone (which sucks because I already have tickets to their week 3 game). I came to this forum because the chiefs have really caught my interest, I love Jeremy Maclin and their defense, and the stadium atmosphere is crazy (I was there when you guys whipped the rams). I want to know what makes you guys really love the team, maybe if I find out more about the team I can hopefully become a hardcore fan
    Why does a guy from Ct become a Chiefs fan in the late 60s and stay one forever? My Dad took me out to KC for a Chiefs-Raiders in the late 60s. What a game! What a rivalry! Sometimes it's not easy being a Chiefs fan but once you become a Chiefs fan you are HOOKED! This is a good time to get hooked!

CT: You & I are so alike! I was born in 65' My babysitter was a guy. One day when he came over to watch me, he had 5 white boxes. All were filled with NFL team paraphernalia. So remember. It was the Baltimore Colts, Redskins, Eagles, NY Giants & the Chiefs. He said "You can have one" I picked the Chiefs because I loved the logo so much! There you have it! That's why I bleed Red, White & Gold.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchhit View Post
    Welcome to the forum, mitchhit. Sorry to hear about what happened to the St. Louis fans.

Sometimes being a Chiefs fan takes effort and patience (for ex. Herm Edwards or Pioli era) but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    CT: You & I are so alike! I was born in 65' My babysitter was a guy. One day when he came over to watch me, he had 5 white boxes. All were filled with NFL team paraphernalia. So remember. It was the Baltimore Colts, Redskins, Eagles, NY Giants & the Chiefs. He said "You can have one" I picked the Chiefs because I loved the logo so much! There you have it! That's why I bleed Red, White & Gold.
    We are much alike. It's tough being an out-of-area Chiefs fan. Nobody around to share the passion with. Perhaps that is one of the great gifts of the internet...we can share our passion for the Chiefs through the virtual world! :)