Thread: Texans postgame thoughts

Default Texans postgame thoughts

Sometimes in sports motivation plays a big role.

As I stated early in the week I feared that would be the case in this game and it was.

While JJ and Hopkins were making plays. Maclin was dropping balls. The Line was allowing guys to come unblocked and Alex wasn't nearly at his best. And that's the story of this game. The Texans wanted it more and they took it.

There is some good news of course.

The defense was much better than they were a week ago. They kept the Chiefs in the game by a thread to the very end.

The offense wasn't out classed in talent. They just were out played. They had a number of chances to get many things going starting with the very first drive. Maclin's drop killed that. They had a number of drives where they were starting to show some life and then they put the ball on the ground.

This was a match up of two good teams. The Texans made plays the Chiefs didn't They wanted this one more
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Way too many misfires on the offensive side of the ball. Morse's bad snap, dropped passes, missed opportunities while trying to focus on Kelce or Maclin...Do that against a team like the Texans, who definitely showed up to play and this will be the result.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Sometimes in sports motivation plays a big role.

As I stated early in the week I feared that would be the case in this game and it was.

While JJ and Hopkins were making plays. Maclin was dropping balls. The Line was allowing guys to come unblocked and Alex wasn't nearly at his best. And that's the story of this game. The Texans wanted it more and they took it.

There is some good news of course.

The defense was much better than they were a week ago. They kept the Chiefs in the game by a thread to the very end.

The offense wasn't out classed in talent. They just were out played. They had a number of chances to get many things going starting with the very first drive. Maclin's drop killed that. They had a number of drives where they were starting to show some life and then they put the ball on the ground.

This was a match up of two good teams. The Texans made plays the Chiefs didn't They wanted this one more
    Yup. You pretty much nailed it.

I can live with Peter's taunting penalty, I've never liked that rule in High School, College or Pro, you are a grown *** man if you can't handle a little taunt then you need to seek employment elsewhere, stop being a tit sucking baby grow up and deal with a taunt. I think its absolute bull

Marcus Peters - He has a bulls eye on him. I can see him complaining to the refs a lot, and it looks like they are having enough. The first P-INT penalty on him was complete BS. He had good position and Hopkins grabbed him by the back of the held and pulled him in him. He argued and argued that with the refs for many plays after that. I agree with him, it was BS. He has to let these things go.

The Taunting Penalty seriously? Hopkins was about 10 yards away from him and had his back turned. How is the worth an ejection warning When JJ FREAKING WATT is doing the same thing.

Marcus had great game, but it is clear to me that he is not on the righteous side of the Refs.

For sure the taunting penalty was the biggest pile of BS I have seen in a LONG TIME. The complaints about the helmet pulling were justified but I think he jabberjawed at the zebras a bit too much and pished them off. Properly the film from the game should be reviewed and the instances of helmet-pulling should be forwarded to the NFL. It won't change the outcome of this game, but if done through proper channels it should yield a memo to all zebras....

Some thoughts after looking back more at the game

The Chiefs had SO MANY chances to really take control of that game

Many have been talked about I'll add anther. Ware's catch that was the longest. If you go back and watch that play Spencer Ware tackled Spencer Ware He catches the ball and then starts stumbling without being hit. Could he have scored? I tend to doubt it there were 2 Texan defenders close. But his stumble took any chance away.

It just seems the offense was running on 7 cylinders instead of 8.

Bottom line we are 1-1 much like last year and much like last year we could very well be 2-0. Those could have beens have to stop. Happened way to much last year. Lets hope this was the only one this year
    TopekaRoy is my hero!