Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few observations about KC/Houston game

Wink A few observations about KC/Houston game

Not in any particular order:

1- We walked into a hornets' nest. Is anyone surprised? These guys were swept, and embarrassed by us in the playoffs last year. They had this game marked on the calendar.

2- A good indication of the above was their D. Historically Romeo's defensive philosophy has been bend-but-don't-break. Today they were aggressive, swarming, and especially attacking the ball. BTW, they have very very good players on D. JJ Watt was his old self, but beside him there are a couple of them who would nicely fill our holes in our D to make us a Super Bowl winning D.

3- Our O was very disappointing and the adjustment I expected at half never came. When Maclin dropped thatwide open easy to catch long ball in the first quarter our O lost self confidence. Maclin over all (except for the last drive) had a flat day. Maybe he was not all there due to last week's head injury. We will see next week.

4- Two of my favorite offensive players pretty much disappeared. Kelce and Conley. Conley was not even mentioned until he dove for a bad pass from Alex late in the 3rd.

5- With their D so aggressive we also helped them by constantly shooting ourselves in the foot by drive killing fumbles, holding call, etc. at the most inopportune times.

6- Our D has my respect. Except for the first series they manned up all game. They should not be allowed to be in that position all game.

7- Speaking of D, I think Marcus Peters is going through a bit of a sophomore slump. Nothing really dramatic yet and I think he can reverse that trend this very season. He just needs to be a little smarter with his temper.

8- Following up on 7, when he was called for taunting, M-Pete had been abused by Fuller and Hopkins with the consent of the officials. They constantly grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him down and were never once called for holding or OPI. They really got under his skin and caused his reaction. Again, he needs to mature up and stay cool in games like this.

9- Parker is an unsung hero. The man comes to play. He was a bust as a corner, but is coming on great as a safety, especially with the benefit of playing next to the great Eric Berry.

10- From what little they showed of the 'holding' by Nelson that nullified Hill's TD return, I have to question whether that would have been called against Denver, or New England in a game. It just did not look like that much of a hold.

11- I have always been a sucker for player names. I'm old enough to remember fearsome or at least nice and clean football names from Lanier, Lynch, Bell, Taylor, Hill, Okoye, to Hali, etc. Our new LB Justin March, had a good name in that sense until recently, until he decided to go with his hyphenated name March-Lilliard. That addition made it a little soft. Just sayin'. ;-)

12- I'm not too worried about losing this game by a mere TD. This could have been worse, but, given all the situations stacked against the Chiefs, it was a respectable enough performance. GO CHIEFS! The season is still young.
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 09-18-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Offensively we had too many little goof-ups that derailed the game. We can't go back into pass-dropping habits like we did in '13 & '14.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12