Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who agrees???

Default Who agrees???

Think we need to run fast 2min drill offense all the time!!

Just been thinking how good it works doesn't give time for D TO ADJUST .. and ware's down D AND FORCES THEM TO THINK FAST WILE TIRED ..i just think it would be worth a shot after seeing how great they played doing it!!😏🤔🤔

Andy brought up the point that doing that will keep the defense on the field more and will hurt them.

It's not really about the tempo when we run the hurry up. It's more the play calling. We are actually running an offense not Andy Reid's screen extravaganza. They look downfield more they use the whole field. It's more about the plays that are called then the tempo of the play IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    Think we need to run fast 2min drill offense all the time!!
    Just been thinking how good it works doesn't give time for D TO ADJUST .. and ware's down D AND FORCES THEM TO THINK FAST WILE TIRED ..i just think it would be worth a shot after seeing how great they played doing it!!樂樂
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Andy brought up the point that doing that will keep the defense on the field more and will hurt them.

It's not really about the tempo when we run the hurry up. It's more the play calling. We are actually running an offense not Andy Reid's screen extravaganza. They look downfield more they use the whole field. It's more about the plays that are called then the tempo of the play IMO
    IMO there is much truth to what you both said.

Just my opinion, but I think going to a continuous "hurry up" would be a mistake. That would tire out the Defense and any enemy defensive coach worth a damn would be able to watch film and game-plan for it.

BUT....I think a random mixture of "hurry-up" and a traditional "huddle-up" offense would drive enemy defenses CRAZY!

We saw against the Chargers that Reid is capable of calling a good "hurry-up" offense and that Smith can execute it well. So just my opinion, but I think we could drive enemy defenses crazy by randomly switching from a traditional "huddle-up" offense to a "hurry-up" offense and back and forth with ZERO predictability.

Thats a great idea ctc!! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

Just my opinion, but I think going to a continuous "hurry up" would be a mistake. That would tire out the Defense and any enemy defensive coach worth a damn would be able to watch film and game-plan for it.

BUT....I think a random mixture of "hurry-up" and a traditional "huddle-up" offense would drive enemy defenses CRAZY!

We saw against the Chargers that Reid is capable of calling a good "hurry-up" offense and that Smith can execute it well. So just my opinion, but I think we could drive enemy defenses crazy by randomly switching from a traditional "huddle-up" offense to a "hurry-up" offense and back and forth with ZERO predictability.
    That's exactly what i meant. Actually its kinda like whats his name todd haley did. He would periodically go hurry up and also even go for ot on 4 downs. I think you start out in hurry up just to get the offense in a rythym and in sync. Also ot would send a message to your team were goingto start out fast and come out strong and no more slow starts. The offense that reid called suring normal or base would be good if we were ahead and trying to eat up the clock. Lets start the game out with a since of urgency and try and get as many points on the board and jump out on thw oponents and then 2nd half we slow it down and chew the clock. Stop waiting til the clocks gets down to feel the urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    That's exactly what i meant. Actually its kinda like whats his name todd haley did. He would periodically go hurry up and also even go for ot on 4 downs. I think you start out in hurry up just to get the offense in a rythym and in sync. Also ot would send a message to your team were goingto start out fast and come out strong and no more slow starts. The offense that reid called suring normal or base would be good if we were ahead and trying to eat up the clock. Lets start the game out with a since of urgency and try and get as many points on the board and jump out on thw oponents and then 2nd half we slow it down and chew the clock. Stop waiting til the clocks gets down to feel the urgency.
    remember our 2 starting guards were out. Maybe Alex didn't trust going long with our back ups protecting

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

A little change of tempo can be of some help

But as I said if we are running up to the line to run a screen pass it won't make any difference

The Chargers game showed this team can run a good offense period. They got down big and were forced to look more for the big plays and more of a downfield game. They showed they can do it and do it well. I just wish they wouldn't wait until they HAD to do it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Thats a great idea ctc!! 
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Good point. Hit them early with the "hurry-up" then mix things up from drive to drive. If we get a substantial lead then just turn it over to JC, Ware, West and Kelce with an occassional long-shot to Maclin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast