Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the October AFC Defensive Player of the Month goes to......

Default And the October AFC Defensive Player of the Month goes to......

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/11/01/allen_named_octobers_afc_defensive_player_of_the_m onth/

Allen Named October's AFC Defensive Player of the Month

Nov 01, 2007, 2:18:45 PM

The National Football League informed the Chiefs on Thursday that DE Jared Allen has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Month for October. This marks the first time he has earned this distinction, becoming the first Chiefs player to win this honor since LB Derrick Thomas took home AFC Defensive Player of the Month accolades for December of ‘97.
    Allen (6-6, 270) was a principle contributor to the Chiefs winning four of their last five contests and entering the month of November atop the AFC West standings with a 4-3 record. After sitting out the club’s first two games of the 2007 campaign, Allen has piled up sacks at a torrid pace. The fourth-year pro currently sits atop the AFC with 8.0 sacks (-61.0 yards) and is tied for second in the NFL with N.Y. Giants DE Osi Umenyiora and Green Bay DE Aaron Kampman. Philadelphia DE Trent Cole (9.0) leads the league. The Chiefs own a 4-1 record this season with Allen in the lineup.
    In a critical 27-20 win vs. Cincinnati (10/14), Allen pestered the Bengals offense by posting three tackles, 2.5 sacks (-19.0 yards) of Carson Palmer and three QB pressures to go along with a Palmer forced fumble. Just one week later at Oakland (10/21), Allen accumulated nine solo tackles, 2.0 sacks (-15.0 yards) of Daunte Culpepper and two QB pressures to mark his ninth career multi-sack game. His 35.5 career sacks are the seventh-highest in team history, while his 12 career forced fumbles place him fourth in franchise annals. He totaled 16 tackles (14 solo), 6.0 sacks (-40.0 yards), seven QB pressures and a forced fumble in three games during the month of October.
    Allen has registered four games with 1.5 sacks or more this season, the most by any player this season. He currently owns 26 tackles (22 solo), 8.0 sacks (-61.0 yards), nine QB pressures, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles this season. The Los Gatos, California native was a first-team All-America selection at Idaho State and was recognized as the Buck Buchanan Award Winner in 2003 as the premier defensive player in NCAA Division I-AA football. Allen concluded his prep career at Los Gatos High School.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Way to go JA!

Thanks for the post luv!

Awesome news!

Woot!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Awesome!!! Way to go Jared! I hope you remain with the Chiefs for many years, and I hope that we decide to get you paid like the monster you are.

I have the utmost confidence that CP is sincere about spending whatever he has to in order to secure JA's future with the Chiefs. I gotta get a few of these in:

GO CHIEFS!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Glad that one of our guys got the nod. Way to go JA. Nice post Luv!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i have one word for the queen= $. spend it
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

...Told you all that Jared Allen is a BEAST!

I remember having a very lonely feeling during the offseason, when suggesting that we should pay JA, and not LJ. Not pointing any fingers, just posting my memories.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I remember having a very lonely feeling during the offseason, when suggesting that we should pay JA, and not LJ. Not pointing any fingers, just posting my memories.
    Got a though, I wasn't here during the afore mentioned discussion, but why not pay both, they are both beasts.

Personally I would like to go get Lance Briggs from the Bears during the next offseason.

Don't know yet what Croyle can do, but

Croyle, DBo, Gonzo, JA, LJ, Priest, Hali, Briggs, and Pick up some O-Line,maybe Boomer. WOW think of the potential. That there is a superbowl team, we aren't far we just need to quit playing so darn conservative, and protect the QB no matter who that may be. OOOh and open some running holes. WOW.

Lets trade Parker, Wilson, Terry, Turley, Drummond, This is kind of a short list, but I also feel that we need to look at who we need to look at replacing soon as well, Wiegmann is getting older, Law has the most years experience on the team with 13 years, followed by Donnie Edwards, Eddie Kennison, and Wiegmann with 12, then Gonzo, Huard, Dunn and Priest with 11 then Surtain with 10. I would love to see Gonzo run another 11 years but I don't think this will happen, and love him or not Priest will have to retire in the next few years although hope he can be productive again before that happens. I would love to get Edwards, Wiegmann, Gonzo, Priest, and all the others (yes even Kennison lol) a Super Bowl ring before they retire, I believe that Priest has one ring with the Ravens but he needs one with the Chiefs as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast