Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: ***Chiefs vs Jets Official Game Day Thread***

Default ***Chiefs vs Jets Official Game Day Thread***

Go Chiefs!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

But you can't expect the same offensive production when you keep getting handed the ball and a short field. An offense will, and should, play differenttly in a close game or when they are trailing than they would when they are sitting on a sizeable lead. This isn't fantasy football. We won by 3 touchdowns. There is no added advantage to winning by 5 or 6 touchdowns. A win is a win.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    But you can't expect the same offensive production when you keep getting handed the ball and a short field. An offense will, and should, play differenttly in a close game or when they are trailing than they would when they are sitting on a sizeable lead. This isn't fantasy football. We won by 3 touchdowns. There is no added advantage to winning by 5 or 6 touchdowns. A win is a win.

You are 100% correct Roy, you cant ask for more than the great production we got on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    The only thing is you cant always count on on getting 6 turnovers. I was out of town and i havenvt watched the game yet but come on 6 turnovers and all we got out of was 24 points and one td was from the defense. You woukd think with the normal amount of times we get the ball game we should be able to get 17 points but with 6 turnovers fiving us the ball 6 more times than usual you would think we would have had hit the lottery points wise.
    Replyn myself. Make that anothertd by special teams. So with 6 picks and a fumble recoery we could only manage 10 points? Well minus the 2 td. So basically with 4 turnovers we still can only manage 10 points. Yes a win is a win but this doesnt give me any more confidence towards the steelers next week. Im looking at the bigger picture not just short sited. Maybe reid disnt want to put alot on tape for oponents.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Replyn myself. Make that anothertd by special teams. So with 6 picks and a fumble recoery we could only manage 10 points? Well minus the 2 td. So basically with 4 turnovers we still can only manage 10 points. Yes a win is a win but this doesnt give me any more confidence towards the steelers next week. Im looking at the bigger picture not just short sited. Maybe reid disnt want to put alot on tape for oponents.
    Should we have won by more points after collecting 8 turnovers? HELL YES! Do we need to do better on Offense if we want to win against Pittsburg? HELL YES! But the Jets game is in the books and it's a WIN for our Chiefs and we are now 2-1. That is what matters. Doesn't matter how we win a game so long as we win.

Way to go Chiefs as now they are 2-1!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Very well said jason ! And i understand other point to a win is a win dont get me wrong what im saying with all the weapons we have on offense we should be looking alot better we should be 3-0 just saying the offense not looking very hot right now at all

And on another point the donkeys have rookie qb and there offense looking better then kc WTF.. and there 3-0😡 I want us to be way better then donkeys and we should be we have way more talent on offense then they do.. all im saying we need to get it together these guys no the system buy now!! We should be looking like well oiled machine!!!!🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    Very well said jason ! And i understand other point to a win is a win dont get me wrong what im saying with all the weapons we have on offense we should be looking alot better we should be 3-0 just saying the offense not looking very hot right now at all
    Well to be fair i watched the game and i wasnt taken in consideration that we fumbled the ball way at the goal line as well. And as i was watching the game i didnt feel the need to be too aggressive with the way the jets were playing. I hope smith and maclin can get in sync soon though. I think thats whats kinda missing and we havent really seen alex use his legs as much. So i think we are being conservative to keep things off film for oponents to study. Maybe if he didnt fumble at the goal it wouldnt look so bad as points with turnovers.

No doubt the Offense has been less than stellar with the exception of about 17 minutes in the Chargers game, but I expect they will get it together in the next few weeks. They have a race car Offense, but it needs a tuneup.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm worried about this game. I don't know much about the Jets, but everything I read suggests they are a team headed for the playoffs. And of course, with the exception of about 25 minutes against the Chargers our Chiefs haven't looked too good this year. And we have a couple of stars in Houston and JC that are out. We've got an advantage in that we are at Arrowhead but to win this game we are going to have to go out and play 60 minutes of solid football on both sides of the ball. The oddsmakers say Chiefs by 3 but they also figure homefield advantage as worth 3 point so essentially they say the two teams are evenly matched. I hope they are right, because we can't afford to be as flat as a pancake for the first half as we have been the last two weeks.
    OK...So sometimes I'm a MORON. As atonement for this stupid post I grabbed my 16 gauge this morning along with a crow call and went out and shot a crow. Y'all know what I am having for dinner tonight.