Thread: What is a catch ????

Default What is a catch ????

Anyone watch this denver game??? That ball clearly hit the ground gave them 1st down.. thats a catch but dez catch wasn't omfg this unbelievable!!

Notes:(1) A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or withoutcontact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in thefield of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control,there is no possession. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, it is a catch, interception, or recovery.A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he isclearly a runner.(2) If a player goes to the ground out of bounds (with or without contact by an opponent) in the process of attempting tosecure possession of a loose ball at the sideline, he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball untilafter his initial contact with the ground, or there is no possession.(3) If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered loss of possession. He must losecontrol of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

A catch? Did you say "a catch?" Nothing is a catch until the refs decide it is! Was it a catch when Megatron flipped the ball over his head after falling to the ground in the end zone against the Bears? NO! And it ain't a catch, now. 'Cause when the football gets caught ... the receiver catches the football.

Who's with me?
    AAAAAAAAAAGH!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

What's a catch

Who the hell knows
    TopekaRoy is my hero!