Thread: My game thoughts thread was just PICKED OFF

Default My game thoughts thread was just PICKED OFF

Remember when we were all worried about the secondary and coverage? It's just one game but WOW what a job they did today. They have some good WRS as well. Next week is a big Prime time test. Lets hope they can back up the job that they did today. It was just great hats off to them.

As for the offense.

This is anther game in which when the Chiefs ran an NFL offense they did ok. Alex missed a WIDE open Conley and that just can't happen. In anther game that could have been a killer and the difference between a win and a loss. The Running game wasn't the best today.

And yet again when Reid tried to get cute we struggled. There was a play that you could here the Jets yelling SCREEN SCREEN SCREEN BEFORE the play. THEY KNEW IT WAS COMING. It's very frustrating to see this week in and week out at this point. But there's no reason to think that it's going to change so it is what it is.

Also I don't think I've seen Andy Reid go that conservative. The end of the first half and a lot of the 2nd It's like Andy didn't trust them to not make a mistake. Maybe the Ware fumble brought this out in the 2nd half. But I don't recall him going that conservative before.

Next week is a big test for this football team. The Steelers are going to be wanting to avenge getting blown out themselves today. Hopefully they are up to that test
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well said matt !

Reid has always been pretty conservative, especially with a lead. After last week's tepid performance, and three lost fumbles, you can hardly blame him for playing it a little safe.

Overall though, I thought the offense took more shots downfield than they have in the past and moved the ball pretty well between the 20s against a pretty good Jets defense. Alex is starting to look more confident in his +10 yds throws and Maclin, Kelce and Conley are getting better. Like I've said, it's still early in the season, but I thought they took a big step in the right direction, today.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-25-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

a salute to the D. above and beyond
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Reid has always been prety conservative, especially with a lead. After last week's tepid performance, and three lost fumbles, you can hardly blame him for playing it a little safe.

Overall though, I thought the offense took more shots downfield than they have in the past and moved the ball pretty well between the 20s against a pretty good Jets defense. Alex is starting to look more confident in his +10 yds throws and Maclin, Kelce and Conley are getting better. Like I've said, it's still early in the season, but I thought they took a big step in the right direction, today.
    That he has. But I don't think I can recall a time where he went into that conservative with an entire half left to play. It just seemed to be more conservative than I can recall Reid being. It didn't come back to bite us today but it could have.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!