Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Matthewschiefs Andy Reid Rant

Default The Matthewschiefs Andy Reid Rant

There's an old saying. If it's not broke don't fix it.

Andy Reid is of the mindset If it's broken stubbornly stick with it and never change.

The Steelers game is anther example of this. The game started out with 2 passes there went past the line of scrimmage they moved the ball. And then the screens started. And then the punts started.

This has been a long term issue with the Chiefs offense. So many people want that "elite QB" but under Andy Reid's playcalling I'm sorry it's just not going to matter. There's not a QB in the NFL IMO that's going to screen pass their way to a high powered NFL offense in todays game. It's just not going to happen.

A common thought about the NFL is that it's a QB driven league. I say it's a coaching driven league. Look at what New England has done. They have gone 3-1 and have been down to a 3rd string QB for most that time. Coaching means alot. Andy Reid is a hell of an NFL head coach. He really is. You don't bring a team back from 1-5 to a playoff win without being that. But he's not a good playcaller. And he doesn't need to be. Andy needs to accept this and give the playcalling up. Or Dorsey and or Clark Hunt need to make it happen. Until then I don't think the Chiefs can ever really be contenders. Sure they might get a playoff birth but that will be all. We've seen enough it's time to make something happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Ford is the only one with multiple sacks this year so he is coming around in my book
    1.5 to be exact

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FordDe00.htm

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

Ah thank you for clarification Doobs

So Next draft I think we need to Draft These 2

1. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 230.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
      Projected Round (2017): 1.
      9/29/16: Kizer is the top quarterback prospect for the 2017 NFL Draft. He has a better physical skill set than Deshan Watson, Brad Kaaya or Chad Kelly. Kizer can make beautiful touch passes with superb accuracy and ball placement while being under fire from pass rush. His field vision is very good as he moves his eyes through his progressions even with defenders bearing down on him. Kizer has the arm strength to make all the throws in the NFL with impressive accuracy to beat good coverage. He consistently shows the ability to drop in accurate touch passes downfield and the mobility to make plays with his feet. Kizer is an excellent pocket passer.

In 2016, Kizer has completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,096 yards with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has run for five touchdowns. Kizer started this year with a tremendous game against Texas and gave evidence to NFL teams that he could be a future franchise quarterback. Kizer lofted in some beautiful passes between defenders against the Longhorns. Kizer also showed excellent decision-making while maintaing poise under the pass rush of Texas. He protected the football and made extraordinary passes into small openings. Kizer also was impressive in leading a near comeback against Michigan State where he made many similar throws.

In 2015, Kizer completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,884 yards with 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also ran for 520 yards with 10 scores on the ground.

Christian McCaffrey*, RB, Stanford
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-2.
    9/10/16: Against Kansas State, McCaffrey ran for 126 yards on 22 carries with two scores. He had seven receptions for 40 yards, plus a 28-yard kick return and a 16-yard punt return. McCaffrey had a 95-yard punt return for a touchdown called back by a questionable penalty.

9/3/16: In my opinion, McCaffrey should have won last season's Heisman Trophy because he carried Stanford in 2015. McCaffrey has a tremendous burst to break into the open field. He also has great vision and cutting ability. In 2015, McCaffrey averaged six yards per carry for 2,019 yards with eight touchdowns. As a receiver, he had 45 catches for 645 yards and five scores. McCaffrey looks undersized, but he still should be an early rounder.

What really sets McCaffrey apart as a runner is his acceleration and explosiveness. He was a home-run hitter and a threat to rip off a huge gain every time he touched the ball last season. McCaffrey has a nice first-step and darts through the hole to get into the second level of the defense. In the open field, he has a second gear to pull away from defenders and also is very elusive. He uses his feet, vision, and agility to weave around defenders. McCaffrey isn't a power runner who simply runs over tacklers, but he does finish his runs well and can pick up some yards after contact.

McCaffrey has good balance to keep his feet, runs with an excellent body lean, and is a patient runner to set up his blocks. As a receiver, he has soft hands and is a very good route-runner. Not only does he make plays on offense, McCaffrey is a dangerous kick returner. The biggest issue for him is size and durability. While he held up well for Stanford last year, McCaffrey is undersized for a NFL feature back. He is a lot like Reggie Bush in terms of his size and playing style.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017R...Jy8B19EgxM0.99

I agree with ctc FORD he has the potential to be good!! Maybe its the coaching just like last week game we have the Team guys but the coaches have failed us im sorry sutton and reid need to do way better!! Screen screen run screen run screen ... ugh im not a coach guys but i know every other team prepares for us to stop the screen !! Now im not saying screen is a bad thing!! But we need to prove to teams we can thorw the ball down field 1st <~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    I agree with ctc FORD he has the potential to be good!! Maybe its the coaching just like last week game we have the Team guys but the coaches have failed us im sorry sutton and reid need to do way better!! Screen screen run screen run screen ... ugh im not a coach guys but i know every other team prepares for us to stop the screen !! Now im not saying screen is a bad thing!! But we need to prove to teams we can thorw the ball down field 1st <~~~
    all part of the master plan to show teams we are one dimensional. Jokes on the opposition. Just kidding we are the ones looking like the jokes.

I guess I am coming out of the funk I've been in since that disaster on Sunday.

There is no way around it, we just haven't looked very good these 4 games. As many feared, our lack of a pass rush without Justin Houston has exposed weaknesses in our secondary. The Offense that we thought would make up for weakness in the Defense has been....confusing. They've had some great moments but then they regress and look as if they are afraid of greatness. WTF???!!! They've proven they know how to play at a high level so JUST GO OUT AND DAMNED WELL DO IT!!!

Andy Reid....well, he's been Andy Reid. FRUSTRATING. But for the sake of my own sanity I have learned to accept that and judge him by his won/loss record rather than his individual game performances. Sure, the lack of JC has hurt but I don't think a 100% healthy JC would have made any difference against the Steelers nor am I sure it would have made a difference against the Texans. All-in-all the offense looks as if many of them have been "mailing it in". We know from last year that Reid can fix that but he needs to hurry the hell up. We can't rely on running off a 10 game winning streak to close out the regular season like we did last year.

Reid's record coming off a bye week is outstanding and he needs to do that this year and parlay a victory after the bye into getting this team firing on all cylinders. The kind of uneven, dis-spirited play we have seen this year ain't going to be enough to get this team into the playoffs.

Memo to Andy Reid....​GIT-R-DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Normally I would be the one to come up with the hopeful arguments....but at this point I think about the only thing that can keep him from being a bust would be divine intervention. That said we did save Ron Parker from the scrap heap and he's turned into a pretty good player for us. Perhaps there is some hope for Dee Ford but please don't ask me to tell you what that hope is because I certainly don't know.
    I got watch the game again, and after comments I heard on the Radio. Ron Parker had a horrible Game. He was a good reason we got thrashed so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Ah thank you for clarification Doobs

So Next draft I think we need to Draft These 2

1. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
      Height: 6-4. Weight: 230.
      Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
      Projected Round (2017): 1.
      9/29/16: Kizer is the top quarterback prospect for the 2017 NFL Draft. He has a better physical skill set than Deshan Watson, Brad Kaaya or Chad Kelly. Kizer can make beautiful touch passes with superb accuracy and ball placement while being under fire from pass rush. His field vision is very good as he moves his eyes through his progressions even with defenders bearing down on him. Kizer has the arm strength to make all the throws in the NFL with impressive accuracy to beat good coverage. He consistently shows the ability to drop in accurate touch passes downfield and the mobility to make plays with his feet. Kizer is an excellent pocket passer.

In 2016, Kizer has completed 62 percent of his passes for 1,096 yards with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions. He also has run for five touchdowns. Kizer started this year with a tremendous game against Texas and gave evidence to NFL teams that he could be a future franchise quarterback. Kizer lofted in some beautiful passes between defenders against the Longhorns. Kizer also showed excellent decision-making while maintaing poise under the pass rush of Texas. He protected the football and made extraordinary passes into small openings. Kizer also was impressive in leading a near comeback against Michigan State where he made many similar throws.

In 2015, Kizer completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,884 yards with 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also ran for 520 yards with 10 scores on the ground.

Christian McCaffrey*, RB, Stanford
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-2.
    9/10/16: Against Kansas State, McCaffrey ran for 126 yards on 22 carries with two scores. He had seven receptions for 40 yards, plus a 28-yard kick return and a 16-yard punt return. McCaffrey had a 95-yard punt return for a touchdown called back by a questionable penalty.

9/3/16: In my opinion, McCaffrey should have won last season's Heisman Trophy because he carried Stanford in 2015. McCaffrey has a tremendous burst to break into the open field. He also has great vision and cutting ability. In 2015, McCaffrey averaged six yards per carry for 2,019 yards with eight touchdowns. As a receiver, he had 45 catches for 645 yards and five scores. McCaffrey looks undersized, but he still should be an early rounder.

What really sets McCaffrey apart as a runner is his acceleration and explosiveness. He was a home-run hitter and a threat to rip off a huge gain every time he touched the ball last season. McCaffrey has a nice first-step and darts through the hole to get into the second level of the defense. In the open field, he has a second gear to pull away from defenders and also is very elusive. He uses his feet, vision, and agility to weave around defenders. McCaffrey isn't a power runner who simply runs over tacklers, but he does finish his runs well and can pick up some yards after contact.

McCaffrey has good balance to keep his feet, runs with an excellent body lean, and is a patient runner to set up his blocks. As a receiver, he has soft hands and is a very good route-runner. Not only does he make plays on offense, McCaffrey is a dangerous kick returner. The biggest issue for him is size and durability. While he held up well for Stanford last year, McCaffrey is undersized for a NFL feature back. He is a lot like Reggie Bush in terms of his size and playing style.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017R...Jy8B19EgxM0.99

A corner, safety or OLB is top my list right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I got watch the game again, and after comments I heard on the Radio. Ron Parker had a horrible Game. He was a good reason we got thrashed so easily.
    I'll take that for fact. But it's also true that he has done some very good work for the Chiefs. He ain't no superstar but he is generally a solid contributor. Did he have a shippy game? Yeah....probably. But I'm not sure ANYBODY had a good game against the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    A corner, safety or OLB is top my list right now.
    Really to early to talk about draft next year. And now way do we need to spend a pick on a rb. And i doubt we will he in a spot to draft the topb qb in the draft. Im ready to get rid of thisbwest coast offense. Its out of date and not made for these days with the speed of dlineman and lbs. If we habe to bring inna new coach to get a new offense other than reid then so be it. We seenbthat alex smith can go down feild but we need s coach will call plays consistently that allowsbthe qb to get in sync without all these screenplays.

Plus with all ofnour dlineman i would see how a 4-3 would work as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast