Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Matthewschiefs Andy Reid Rant

Default The Matthewschiefs Andy Reid Rant

There's an old saying. If it's not broke don't fix it.

Andy Reid is of the mindset If it's broken stubbornly stick with it and never change.

The Steelers game is anther example of this. The game started out with 2 passes there went past the line of scrimmage they moved the ball. And then the screens started. And then the punts started.

This has been a long term issue with the Chiefs offense. So many people want that "elite QB" but under Andy Reid's playcalling I'm sorry it's just not going to matter. There's not a QB in the NFL IMO that's going to screen pass their way to a high powered NFL offense in todays game. It's just not going to happen.

A common thought about the NFL is that it's a QB driven league. I say it's a coaching driven league. Look at what New England has done. They have gone 3-1 and have been down to a 3rd string QB for most that time. Coaching means alot. Andy Reid is a hell of an NFL head coach. He really is. You don't bring a team back from 1-5 to a playoff win without being that. But he's not a good playcaller. And he doesn't need to be. Andy needs to accept this and give the playcalling up. Or Dorsey and or Clark Hunt need to make it happen. Until then I don't think the Chiefs can ever really be contenders. Sure they might get a playoff birth but that will be all. We've seen enough it's time to make something happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This is exactly why I'm not as upset about the defense as the playcalling from last night. We got a lot of young guys in our secondary you have to fully expect that there will be some growing pains and last night we saw that.

The playcalling however is anther story as this has been a constant problem. It is really something that is hurting the team and it's coming from the head coach. Very frustrating to watch the same problem happen over and over again
    The playcalling is another rant entirely. Again, that falls on the coaches. Really the score should've been worse - I'm amazed that Pitt's D didn't jump some of those sideline pass routes for pick sixes. It's like we walked into Heinz stadium with a gameplan to go against the Cleveland Browns, designed not to show the next opponent too much. We needed to bring an A game and instead showed up with a C+.

Again it's one game. While it's frustrating we've been in worse spots. Hope Reid makes them work their tails off instead of blowing things off until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    This is the same stuff though that frustrated Philly Fans. He isn't going to fix it. Instead he is going to force it in that square hole more.
    THIS at some point I think Dorsey or Clark is going to have to step in if it's going to change.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Very well said matt!! Hope they here you!

Someone needs to force reids hand and make him give up play calling. How can alex smith get in sync when he starts pishes the ball down field then reid converts back to screen passes. Alex smith is in a no win situation. Yoi seen how he played in the hurry up offense in the 1st game. It's reids play calling that is girting the chiefs the most. But reid willl just say o got to dk a better job over and over. When will we hold reid to his words. Same excuse over and over. Ots getting old. Oir offense amd west coast offense is built for back in the 80'S AND 90'S when the defenses were slower. Defensive players are mich faster especially the dlineman so our offense and screens wont be that affective. Reid is out of date and hes to stubborn to adapt or gove up play calling.

The West Coast Offense isnt meant to be played in this day and age.

The West Coast offense isn't supposed to be one dimensional. Slants and crossing routes are key for 1st downs. Run, screen, screen, punt or screen, screen, run, punt means something is very wrong with the offense. We are completely unbalanced. We got it 90% fixed for the last 10 games last year(11 with the playoff game). I am trusting Reid will get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Dee Ford is not Good. Can I call him a bust, or is that opening the door up for hopeful arguments.
    Normally I would be the one to come up with the hopeful arguments....but at this point I think about the only thing that can keep him from being a bust would be divine intervention. That said we did save Ron Parker from the scrap heap and he's turned into a pretty good player for us. Perhaps there is some hope for Dee Ford but please don't ask me to tell you what that hope is because I certainly don't know.

Ford is the only one with multiple sacks this year so he is coming around in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Ford is the only one with multiple sacks this year so he is coming around in my book
    I think our d-line is underperforming. We shoukd have one of the best d-lineman front but they dont show up. Chris jones was getting so mich hype and now i havent heard his name at all.

He has played well in every game so far, I think he may have gotten credit for a sack sunday

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast