Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tag Gonzo or not? that is the question

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default tag Gonzo or not? that is the question

do we tag him,sign a one year deal? sign him and see about trading him? i honstly think he wants out. get what you can for him in draft picks. yes i know,he is are only passing threat but he is getting older and we can`t break the bank over a tightend when we need help other places. to bad i like him,the years of players staying with one team are gone. :cry:

Default Re: tag Gonzo or not? that is the question

oldred wrote:
    It all depends on who we have to replace him with. Although I have a lot of respect for Dunn I don't think he could replace Gonzalez. Gonzalez seems to have lost some of his drive in the past few years and I wonder about his play after signing him to a longterm contract.
    Agreed, although I hate to see him go; he is, however, in the twilight of his career.

Oh, and welcome aboard oldred! :-D

chief31 wrote:
    Aging is, exactly, right. Shields is going to retire. Green can go, in my opinion. Gonzales doesn't want to be here. There is no reason to hold on to anything. We held-off on the "rebuilding" mind-set this season. Willie Roaf taught us a lesson. Let's learn from it.
    Exactly!

wolfpack wrote:
    we could more than likely never replace him,i.e. donkies and sharpe. but dont break the bank for a aging TE. to many other holes to fill. besides,if we ever had a WR that was any good i wonder how much Gonzo would have gotten the ball as much. dont get me wrong, i like gonzo but life moves on.

The only constant in the universe is change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12