Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game Colts thoughts A small rant included

Default Post game Colts thoughts A small rant included

First the rant. The NFL is suppose to care about player safety right? The 2nd blow to the head Alex took today there is 0 excuse for that to not be a flag. NONE WHAT SO EVER. It wasn't the playcall that got Alex hurt. It was the fact that the Colt defender slammed his freaking head into the ground. Watching the replay you can see a ref right there watching. HOW IS THAT NOT A FLAG. I would love to know this. If that was Luck you know there would have been.

Now that's out of the way.

This won't get talked about much probably but todays game is a huge feather in the cap of Mr.John Dorsey. Look at how many players that were out and how long they were out. Down to what our 4th string RB? O line injury back up QB and the Chiefs were still able to come up with a win and it wasn't even a game that got close. Just shows how great of a job that Dorsey has done building a deep team.

Andy Reid. There is always something he does that makes me scratch my head. The onside kick was todays. It could have been a game changer if the D didn't step up today.

Have to give it up for the defense today. They held a pretty good offense down and never really let them get much going.

Dee Ford has been labeled a bust far to soon. He got a sack one of a few just by him today while clearly being held. And Luck is not a easy QB to get a sack on. Hell of a game Mr.Ford.

Also have to give it up to Hill. The guy is a weapon. HUGE weapon. He can adjust to a ball. He can run fast he is a playmaker.

Anther Atta Boy to Foles. Just a flat out good job.

And finally not related to this game but the Raiders have broken a record for most penalties in 1 game. I said this after we beat them they look like the same old Raiders. They have a lot more talent they use to but they still do all the stupid little things that get you beat.

Bring on the Jags. A game the Chiefs should most definitely win. Up to them to get the job done
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Agree on all counts. The league will look at the hits to Smith, especially because both resulted in an injury and I won't be surprised to see a fine handed out for the 2nd one.

The depth on this team is amazing compared to most other NFL Teams. A solid win like that on the road, with so many injuries to key players is big. Despite their 3-5 record, the Colts are a good team. They've played a tough schedule so far and have dominated the Chiefs. It feels really good to finally get some "payback" today.

I also have to give a shout out to Travis Kelce. He was a monster in the first half. Maclin made a couple of good plays, too, but the Chiefs have to get him more involved going forward. He is too good to be putting up average numbers.

All in all, a great win. Bring on the Jags!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Well said guys.. 👍🏻

Dee Ford is developing several moves to get the job done

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    First the rant. The NFL is suppose to care about player safety right? The 2nd blow to the head Alex took today there is 0 excuse for that to not be a flag. NONE WHAT SO EVER. It wasn't the playcall that got Alex hurt. It was the fact that the Colt defender slammed his freaking head into the ground. Watching the replay you can see a ref right there watching. HOW IS THAT NOT A FLAG. I would love to know this. If that was Luck you know there would have been.
    I haven't seen the game yet (Hollasin are you listening?) so I will reserve judgement but my gut tells me the Colts were head-hunting.

This won't get talked about much probably but todays game is a huge feather in the cap of Mr.John Dorsey. Look at how many players that were out and how long they were out. Down to what our 4th string RB? O line injury back up QB and the Chiefs were still able to come up with a win and it wasn't even a game that got close. Just shows how great of a job that Dorsey has done building a deep team.
    Thank you for that matthewschiefs! This win is truly a tribute to what the Dorsey-Reid team have done for our Chiefs. I'm certain they work together on the draft and given what Reid has done I am equally certain that it's the two of them working together that has given us this depth. No slight to Dorsey intended, I just think they work very well together.

Andy Reid. There is always something he does that makes me scratch my head. The onside kick was todays. It could have been a game changer if the D didn't step up today.
    Agreed. I can only say WHY????

Have to give it up for the defense today. They held a pretty good offense down and never really let them get much going.
    AGREED! Held Luck to 210 yards passing (86 yards less than his previous average and his 2cond worst game of the year), a 54% completion rate and a QBR of just 79.5. Pretty good when you can shut somebody like Luck down like that.

Dee Ford has been labeled a bust far to soon. He got a sack one of a few just by him today while clearly being held. And Luck is not a easy QB to get a sack on. Hell of a game Mr.Ford.
    Yup! He has taken longer to develop than any of us would have liked, and I don't think he will ever be Justin Houston but I do think he will develop into a very good OLB.

Also have to give it up to Hill. The guy is a weapon. HUGE weapon. He can adjust to a ball. He can run fast he is a playmaker.
    Yup! again. Hill had 7 yards rushing, 98 receiving yards, and 78 special teams return yards for a total of 173 all purpose yards. I suspect we are going to get to know his name VERY WELL!

Anther Atta Boy to Foles. Just a flat out good job.
    NO DOUBT! He did a fine job filling in for Alex and I feel confident that even if Alex is out for a few weeks Foles can get the job done. Today he was 16-22...223 yards...72.7 completion rate....2 TDs....0 INTS and a 135.2 QBR. That is a fine performance for any backup QB.

We've now won 3 straight and I see nothing in the schedule that should prevent us from going 6 straight and getting to 8-2. We are still 1/2 game out of the lead but we have kept the pace when it mattered most and now let's see if the donks and raiders can keep pace with our Chiefs.

Very tough game. Very glad we won. The Colts are a lot better than their record suggests IMHO.

The second time Alex got hit that should've been called, when the Colts player shoved Alex's head into the ground. Both Luck and Smith were sliding late, though. Think that was why neither one got called. Would like to be a fly on the wall in the league officiating office when the phone call from Clark Hunt comes through about Alex getting slammed.

The depth on this team is amazing. How many times in the past would we have just thrown our hands up when our starting QB or RB went down? When Ware was taken out, did anyone else here start thinking "Oh crud...We should have never traded Knile Davis."? Fortunately we had CW and while he wasn't 100% he still got the job done. Foles did well, but I'd really like to see him after a proper week of working with the 1st team.

Dee Ford is currently #5 in the NFL in sack numbers (7). The leader only has 2 more. Hali continues a proud tradition of being the most held player in NFL history (j/k).

Where I'd like to see us improve is betting play at the O-line. Injured QB's and RB's are telling us something. It's fixable and again thanks to Dorsey's bottom of the deck shuffling, we're doing well depth-wise. Another thing I'd like to see us focus on and fix, is the drops. Granted the WR's and TE's did redeem themselves at times in the game, but we can't survive this season with the mindset of "We'll get that next time."

It's a great win but we have our work cut out for us. The Broncos and Raiders both won, so we need to keep chopping wood and keep our focus like we did last year at this team. Can't wait to see a healthy Houston, JC, SW and Alex Smith back in the lineup. Gunsights on Jacksonville.

Oline actually doesn't need fixing at all, they are playing at an elite level

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I haven't seen the game yet (Hollasin are you listening?) so I will reserve judgement but my gut tells me the Colts were head-hunting.

Thank you for that matthewschiefs! This win is truly a tribute to what the Dorsey-Reid team have done for our Chiefs. I'm certain they work together on the draft and given what Reid has done I am equally certain that it's the two of them working together that has given us this depth. No slight to Dorsey intended, I just think they work very well together.

Agreed. I can only say WHY????

AGREED! Held Luck to 210 yards passing (86 yards less than his previous average and his 2cond worst game of the year), a 54% completion rate and a QBR of just 79.5. Pretty good when you can shut somebody like Luck down like that.

Yup! He has taken longer to develop than any of us would have liked, and I don't think he will ever be Justin Houston but I do think he will develop into a very good OLB.

Yup! again. Hill had 7 yards rushing, 98 receiving yards, and 78 special teams return yards for a total of 173 all purpose yards. I suspect we are going to get to know his name VERY WELL!

NO DOUBT! He did a fine job filling in for Alex and I feel confident that even if Alex is out for a few weeks Foles can get the job done. Today he was 16-22...223 yards...72.7 completion rate....2 TDs....0 INTS and a 135.2 QBR. That is a fine performance for any backup QB.

We've now won 3 straight and I see nothing in the schedule that should prevent us from going 6 straight and getting to 8-2. We are still 1/2 game out of the lead but we have kept the pace when it mattered most and now let's see if the donks and raiders can keep pace with our Chiefs.

Hahaha i'm waiting for the full screen version to show before i post the clip

Quote Originally Posted by hollasin View Post
    Hahaha i'm waiting for the full screen version to show before i post the clip
    Thanks Man! Can't wait. The full game videos you post Make my Chiefs season a LOT MORE FUN!

Somebody who hasn't been mentioned but also deserved a lot of credit for this win is Bob Sutton. In some ways he is like Andy Reid. There are regularly times when we all say Bob Sutton!!! WTF??? And yes, he can get too conservative with the Defense when we get a lead. But the last 3 games Raiders, Saints, Colts have been against very high scoring teams--they have averaged 27+ points per game and yet Sutton's Defense has held those 3 teams to an average of something like 15 points per game. That's good Defense!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast