Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game Colts thoughts A small rant included

Default Post game Colts thoughts A small rant included

First the rant. The NFL is suppose to care about player safety right? The 2nd blow to the head Alex took today there is 0 excuse for that to not be a flag. NONE WHAT SO EVER. It wasn't the playcall that got Alex hurt. It was the fact that the Colt defender slammed his freaking head into the ground. Watching the replay you can see a ref right there watching. HOW IS THAT NOT A FLAG. I would love to know this. If that was Luck you know there would have been.

Now that's out of the way.

This won't get talked about much probably but todays game is a huge feather in the cap of Mr.John Dorsey. Look at how many players that were out and how long they were out. Down to what our 4th string RB? O line injury back up QB and the Chiefs were still able to come up with a win and it wasn't even a game that got close. Just shows how great of a job that Dorsey has done building a deep team.

Andy Reid. There is always something he does that makes me scratch my head. The onside kick was todays. It could have been a game changer if the D didn't step up today.

Have to give it up for the defense today. They held a pretty good offense down and never really let them get much going.

Dee Ford has been labeled a bust far to soon. He got a sack one of a few just by him today while clearly being held. And Luck is not a easy QB to get a sack on. Hell of a game Mr.Ford.

Also have to give it up to Hill. The guy is a weapon. HUGE weapon. He can adjust to a ball. He can run fast he is a playmaker.

Anther Atta Boy to Foles. Just a flat out good job.

And finally not related to this game but the Raiders have broken a record for most penalties in 1 game. I said this after we beat them they look like the same old Raiders. They have a lot more talent they use to but they still do all the stupid little things that get you beat.

Bring on the Jags. A game the Chiefs should most definitely win. Up to them to get the job done
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Dee Ford is still a liability in the run Game. He is best suited for pass situations, however, he is getting much better.

It cold have bee much worse. Remember, Manziel was picked right before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Dee Ford is still a liability in the run Game. He is best suited for pass situations, however, he is getting much better.

It cold have bee much worse. Remember, Manziel was picked right before him.
    Now that right there is FUNNY! LOL

Now that I have seen tape of the two hits on Alex I thought I would add my thoughts to the debate about why there were no penalties called.

On the first hit I think it should have been a penalty but looking at it I can see how it might not have been called. IMO it was a close call that could have gone either way and it simply didn't go our way. Though usually the zebras will always call a penalty on a close call involving a hit on a QB. Strange they didn't in this case.

The second hit is a different matter entirely IMO. CLEARLY Geathers slammed Alex's head to the ground with his left arm. NO DOUBT AT ALL. Geathers has said it was unintentional and watching the tape I am willing to believe him. Looks to me like he had already committed himself to trying to make the tackle and that their was simply was no way for him to stop himself. But that MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. It was still a penalty. Had that hit to the head been intentional it would IMO have been grounds for an ejection but since it was unintentional IMO that simply makes it roughing the passer-blow to the head.

So IMO the 2 big no-calls were in 1 case an acceptable though unusual no-call and in the second case it was simply a LOUSY call by the Zebras.

I hope Clark Hunt was on the phone first thing this morning to the league office in NY chewing somebody out.

D FORD had a good game against one of the worst offense of lines in football .. to be honest he has alot of work to do before i say he elite.. 2nd foles played pretty good he throw the ball up and trusted are wr to bring it down wish alex would do more of that bc alex has a strong and more accurate arm.. wish reid would have got alex before 49ers messed him up.. 3rd gaines is healthy!!!!! He a good cb we been missing him !! We do need more depth at cb !! Bc gaines or petters goes down were in big trouble...3rd D PLAYED A GREAT GAME HATS OFF and even though no alex or no ware we still scored witch is great but we haft to remind are self that was on the colts D one of the worst in the nfl!! Im not rdy though alex to the curb bc games like denver nick foles just throwing it up will be a pic everytime.. but on other had alex does need let it go on teams like saints and colts and jags D TEAMS WE NO ARE WR WILL GO GET IT.. and i do haft to agree with CTC the zebras are out of control !! Not just on alex smith no calls but even cam !! ZEBRAS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE JUST LIKE PLAYERS!! Anyways 5-2 guys !!! Im happy happy we need to get this team heathly!! I don't understand why ever year we have one of the most injuries in the league??!!!!

Oh and forgot to add not 1 holding flag on haili this is crap!! Its like ever game hali gets held no flag!!

What about the choke hold on D Ford and he still got the sack? No flag on this!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    What about the choke hold on D Ford and he still got the sack? No flag on this!
    Thank you! Somebody should force Goodell to watch that 24 hours per day for a WEEK!.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Oline actually doesn't need fixing at all, they are playing at an elite level
    Our interior line play has been bad. Did you see the goal line run up the middle where Poe was the lead blocker? The one where the play got blown up in the backfield?

An elite line would never let that happen, not to mention how our interior run game has been horrible. All the yardage has been coming on outside runs out because of broken tackles. There has also been a decent amount of pressure up the middle passing.

The Coaches know this, and that is why we rarely run the ball inside the 5.

Our oline is better, but far from elite.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Our interior line play has been bad. Did you see the goal line run up the middle where Poe was the lead blocker? The one where the play got blown up in the backfield?

An elite line would never let that happen, not to mention how our interior run game has been horrible. All the yardage has been coming on outside runs out because of broken tackles. There has also been a decent amount of pressure up the middle passing.

The Coaches know this, and that is why we rarely run the ball inside the 5.

Our oline is better, but far from elite.
    +1. When injuries start happening to RB's and QB's...Start looking at the O-line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12