Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Chiefs vs Jaguars Official Game Day Thread***

Default ***Chiefs vs Jaguars Official Game Day Thread***

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

The Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)

at

The Jacksonville
    Jaguars (2-5)

Sunday, November 6, 12:00pm CT
    at
    Arrowhead Stadium

Kansas City, Kansas

Television coverage:
    CBS

Kansas City

Topeka

St. Louis

Radio Coverage:
    Kansas City

Lawrence/Topeka:

Manhattan, KS:

St. Louis

Watch Online:
    LiveStreamz.net NEW! (3 links) Mobile Friendly!
    DimSports
    Wiz1.net NEW!
    VIP Box Sports link 1 link 2 HD NEW!
    Goldnox.pw NEW!
    Live Stream Hunter (3 streams) NEW!
    Boss Cast Link 2 Link 3
    atdhe.ru
    Feed2All
    Stream2Watch.me

Disclaimer: Links are provided for your convenience. No guarantee is made regarding quality of links or even if they work at all. Use a browser with an adblocker and always make sure your antivirus software is up to date. Use at your own risk.

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.

Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-06-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Updated streams

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather forecast: 58 degrees, 6mph SSE winds

Line: Chiefs -7, Over/Under: 44

Against the Spread:
    Chiefs are 3-4 Overall, 2-2 as the Favorite and 1-2 at Home
    Jaguars are 2-5 Overall, 1-3 as the Underdog and 1-2 Away

Notable Quotables:
    Chiefs:
    "I think [Salute the Service Day is] awesome. I had a chance to go to Afghanistan with Brad Childress, actually, when he was the head coach of Minnesota. I wish everybody had an opportunity to see that. I think we all appreciate – appreciate it a little more – when you have the opportunity to be over there and see what the people do there. They’re all in. ... They’re all in to protect our country. It’s an awesome thing.”--Chiefs Head coach Andy Reid

Jaguars: "I told our team, 'I think I have more confidence in them than they do.' I’ve had some meetings with our players. I still think we’re a good defense. We did have a bad performance; we’ve had bad performances at other places I’ve been. Sometimes you can’t put your finger on it.”--Jaguars Defensive Co-ordinator Todd Walsh

Injury Report:

Parker Ehinger G Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Spencer Ware RB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Alexander Smith QB Head Limited Participation in Practice Out
    David White CB Hand Limited Participation in Practice Out
    Jaye Howard DE Hip Full Participation in Practice Questionable
    Jeremy Maclin WR Groin Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Jared Odrick DE Foot Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Aaron Colvin CB Calf Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Depth Charts:

Chiefs

Jaguars

Chiefs vs. Jaguars: Game Preview
    From Chiefs.com

Posted Nov 5, 2016

Pete Sweeney
    Chiefs Reporter
    Chiefs.com
    Email @pgsween

Nick Foles will make the spot start for the Chiefs against Jacksonville

For the Kansas City Chiefs (5-2), the words “next man up” haven’t been this appropriate in a long time.

When the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5) visit Arrowhead Stadium Sunday afternoon, the Chiefs won’t have their starting quarterback or their starting running back, and they’ll need to find a way to win without them.

As Alex Smith recovers from head and ear injuries suffered during the Chiefs’ last game against the Indianapolis Colts, backup Nick Foles, who last started an NFL game in early December of 2015, takes the reins of the offense.

“We’ll go ahead and start Nick this week,” Chiefs head coach Andy Reid announced on Wednesday. “We’re lucky to have a good quarterback group. They’re all friends. They get it. They work well together. Alex will put on the coaching hat this week and help out in that area, and then, Nick will take over. Everyone has confidence in Nick. So, he’ll get in and do his thing, and we’re lucky that [John] Dorsey made these moves to where we are, to have a good quarterback group. Not every team has that, so that’s a positive thing.”

In last week’s game against the Colts, Foles put up impressive numbers in relief. He finished 16 of 22 for 223 yards passing, two touchdowns and a 135.2 passer rating.

Part of the reason the Chiefs made the decision so early in the week was so that Foles could take all the first-team repetitions with the offense, which he has been familiarizing with since he signed with the Chiefs in early August.

“It’s one of those things where I feel great in this offense,” Foles said. “I’ve always liked playing for coach Reid and this offense. From week to week, you change things up. We’re right at the beginning of our week, we’re a few days in and I feel good about where I’m at.”

Foles prepared to play this week without Chiefs running backs Jamaal Charles and Spencer Ware. Charles was placed on the Injured Reserve list early this week and Spencer Ware is still in the concussion protocol.

Charcandrick West, who had more than 150 rush attempts for the Chiefs last season, and the newly signed Bishop Sankey, are expected to fill in. Early on Saturday, the Chiefs also brought back Knile Davis to help fill the void.

“We feel good,” co-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy said. “Charcandrick's done an excellent job since he got here playing that position. He could do everything that we ask him to do, and again, this is the NFL, so it's the next man up. We've said it from day one and we feel like in this offense, anybody that steps into these positions, we expect the most out of them, so we just keep rolling.”

The Chiefs offense could also be without wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (groin), who is officially listed as questionable. If that’s the case, the Chiefs may turn more heavily to Albert Wilson, Tyreek Hill and De’Anthony Thomas (FULL INJURY REPORT).

Hill had a breakout game offensively against the Colts last week, catching five passes for 98 yards and a touchdown.

On the other side ball, the Jaguars offense starts with quarterback Blake Bortles, who will be working with a new offensive coordinator this week after the team relieved Greg Olson of his duties in favor of Nathaniel Hackett, the son of Paul Hackett, the Chiefs offensive coordinator from 1993-1997.

On this week’s conference call with the Kansas City media, Bortles said he thinks Hackett could be just what the team needs to get back on the right track after starting the season poorly.

“[We want to] get back to what we did in a sense last year,” Bortles said. “I know, result-wise, [it] wasn’t anywhere near where we wanted to be last year, but I think as an offense we had a lot of fun. We put up yards, we made big plays and guys were having a ton of fun playing. We have to find a way to get back to that, find our groove and I think Nathaniel Hackett is the perfect spark plug to kind of get us back to that, back to enjoying football, back to having fun and making plays.”

continued in next post---
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-06-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Chiefs vs Jaguars: Game Preview - Part 2
    --continued from previous post

Bortles has three main targets in the passing game—wide receivers Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee. The trio has combined for 93 receptions, 1,167 yards and five touchdowns. Tight end Julius Thomas, with 224 yards receiving and three touchdowns, is another athletic receiver the Chiefs will have to deal with.

T.J. Yeldon and Chris Ivory handle the ground game for the Jags, with Yeldon leading the way with 63 carries for 220 yards and a touchdown.

The Jaguars have tended to pass a bit more than run this season, meaning cornerback Phillip Gaines, who will play his second game in a row Sunday, could have more opportunities.

With quarterbacks beginning to throw away from NFL interception leader Marcus Peters (5), Gaines’ right side of the field has seen increased action as of late, and last week, he recorded his first career interception against Andrew Luck and the Colts.

“It was great to have him back out there,” Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said this week. “The more times he gets to stack these experiences, the more beneficial it will be for him – his reactions – all that is just going to keep getting better … We’re excited that he’s out there and getting a chance to see things. Every time you’re out there and you see things, you get a little bit quicker. That was an outstanding play by him. Obviously, he read the route right, and I thought he did a great job at catching the football.

”Along the defensive line, the Chiefs may be without Jaye Howard (hip), so Sutton said to expect a higher dose of rookie second-round pick Chris Jones in that case.

While the Jaguars come into Arrowhead three games under the .500 mark, their defense has been very good up to this point—coming into the game ranking 13th in yards allowed per game and seventh in yards allowed per play.

The players to watch on the Jacksonville defense are linebacker Telvin Smith, who leads the team with 49 solo tackles and three passes defensed, and rookie defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, who leads the team with 4.0 sacks.

continued in next post--

Chiefs vs Jaguars: Game Preview - Part 3
    --continued from previous post

The Jaguars also have two players who were selected in the top five of the NFL Draft over the past two years in DE Dante Fowler Jr. (No. 3 in 2015) and defensive back Jalen Ramsey (No. 5 in 2016) starting on defense.

Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley spoke to Ramsey’s game this week on the conference call with the Kansas City media, saying that he likes Ramsey’s competitiveness, but he didn’t play as well against the Titans "on the perimeter" last week in the Jaguars' 36-22 loss.

Ramsey will look to clean that up against the Chiefs.

In many ways, the Chiefs and Jaguars, at least right now, are opposites.

Their records are opposite—the Chiefs have won three games in a row, while the Jaguars have lost two in a row. The Jaguars have lost three home games this season, while the Chiefs haven’t lost a home game at Arrowhead in more than a year.

But all that said, there’s a reason they play the games on Sundays.

With different starters at some key positions, this will be a different Chiefs team than we've seen all year.

Game Preview from ESPN.com

Foles gets start when Chiefs host Jags

When they take the field Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium, both the Kansas City Chiefs and Jacksonville Jaguars hope to have different starting quarterbacks than in their most recent game.

For the Chiefs (5-2), they will go with backup quarterback Nick Foles in the starter's seat, stepping in for Alex Smith, who is being held out of the game because "something" happened last Sunday in Kansas City's victory over Indianapolis. More on that later.

With the Jaguars (2-5), they will have the same quarterback in the huddle. But coming off the Jags last game, Blake Bortles hopes to be a more finely tuned passer after spending time in Jacksonville with his throwing guru from the west coast.

It's a noon CST kickoff for the game where the Chiefs are a heavy favorite and carry a three-game winning streak into the afternoon. The Jaguars have lost their last two and are 1-2 on the road this season.

Andy Reid's team has been hit with a rash of injuries in recent weeks. Running back Jamaal Charles was placed on the injured-reserve list after a second surgery on a bulky right knee. The offensive engine in the first half of the 2016 season has been running back Spencer Ware, but he's out after suffering a concussion. Starting left guard Parker Ehinger is out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL.

And watching on the sidelines will be Smith, who twice left last Sunday's game in Indianapolis after taking blows to the head. However, tests under the NFL concussion protocols during the game and the next day indicated that Smith did not suffer a concussion.

"Nope," was Smith's answer when asked if he felt like he suffered a concussion against the Colts. "But certainly something happened. Don't know what it was, don't know what you want to call it."

Despite passing all the tests, the Chiefs made the decision to sit Smith for this game and go with the 27-year old Foles, who is making his 37th NFL start in regular and postseason play. But it's his first with the Chiefs after signing with the team in early August.

"I feel great in this offense; I've always liked playing for Coach Reid and this offense," said Foles, who was drafted by Reid in 2012 when the coach was in Philadelphia. "From week to week, you change things up, but I feel good about where I'm at."

Bortles hopes that he can feel good about his mechanics after getting extra work with Adam Dedeaux, who is part of the 3DQB Academy in southern California that's run by former major league pitcher and now quarterback Guru Tom House. Concerns about mechanics for the third-year player prompted the call for help.

"Hopefully, we'll tighten some things up and get back to where I was throwing the ball with efficiency," said Bortles. "When you struggle with what you're supposed to do all the time, you try to fix it as quickly as possible rather than let it get worse."

Jags head coach Gus Bailey decided he needed something different in his offense and fired coordinator Greg Olson two days after taking a 36-22 thumping from Tennessee in a Thursday night game on Oct. 27. Olson was replaced by quarterbacks coach Nathanial Hackett, the son of former Chiefs offensive coordinator from the 1990s Paul Hackett.

"I just felt like the offense needed to be stimulated more in certain areas," said Bailey, who is 14-41 as head coach of the Jaguars. His teams are 5-22 on the road, winning just twice in the last three seasons away from Jacksonville. "I looked at it and said, 'You know what? Offensively, I'm not sure what's going to change next week. I just didn't feel where we were going. I just couldn't grasp in my mind that the results were going to change if we continue going in this direction."

The Chiefs enter the game with a very fluid situation at running back. Coming back from a torn ACL in his right knee, Charles never really caught fire in the offense. Ware has been the offensive engine for the Kansas City offense, producing yards as a runner and receiver, but he is already ruled out. Just two weeks ago, they traded running back Knile Davis to Green Bay. So Charcandrick West will carry most of the load, something he's done before. Just last week against the Colts he had 60 yards on 16 touches after Ware went down with his concussion near halftime.

The team also added running back Bishop Sankey, a former second-round choice of the Tennessee Titans (2014) who was sitting on the New England practice squad.

Chiefs game plan: Scouting the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5)
    From The Kansas City Star

Red Zone
    The Chiefs and NFL by beat writer Terez Paylor
    Nov 5, 2016 9:40 AM

Scheme

Coach: Gus Bradley (14-41) is in his fourth year as an NFL head coach, all with the Jaguars. Bradley, 50, is a positive, very upbeat leader but his 14-41 record — and accompanying .255 winning percentage — is the worst of any coach in the Super Bowl era with a minimum of 50 games under his belt. Bradley, who has placed third in the AFC South for three consecutive seasons, has a defensive background; he spent 2009 to 2012 as the Seattle Seahawks’ defensive coordinator, helping to mold the “Legion of Boom”-led defense that eventually led the way to a Super Bowl title in 2014. Bradley has brought the same “all about the ball” defensive philosophy to Jacksonville and has spent the last four years acquiring pieces to run it.

Offense: Nathaniel Hackett, 36, will coach his first game as the Jaguars’ offensive coordinator after Greg Olson was fired following the Jaguars’ 36-22 debacle of a loss to the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night Football. He is the son of longtime college and pro coach Paul Hackett, an offensive guru who was the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator from 1993 to 1997. The Jaguars rank 15th in the league in passing (258 ypg) and 30th in rushing (72.6 ypg). The pass-happy Jaguars have passed the ball approximately 69 percent of the time — the most in the league — and have gone shotgun on approximately 49.3 percent of their offensive plays, the sixth-most in the league. The Jaguars are also a predominantly a three-wide team, though they’ll mix in some two-tight end sets. The offense is heavy on bootlegs and multiple formations, but they’ll use a little read-option to take advantage of Bortles’ athleticism. Hackett has said they want to run the football more. “Last year as a team, they rushed the ball more than they threw it,” defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said.

Defense: Todd Wash, 48, is in his first year as the Jaguars’ defensive coordinator and his fourth overall with Jacksonville, as he was promoted after serving as the defensive line coach. The Jaguars run a 3-4 “under” defense that is built around speed, physicality and tackling. The Jaguars are predominantly a single-high team that currently ranks eighth in passing defense (224.6) and 27th in rushing defense (124.7). The Jaguars rank 25th in the NFL with 13 sacks and dead last in turnovers forced with five.

Special teams: Mike Mallory, 53, is in his fourth year as Bradley’s special-teams coach and fourth overall as a NFL special-teams coach. Kicker Jason Myers has converted 86.7 percent of his field goals. Myers is also a kickoff specialist — most of his kicks (65 percent) land for touchbacks so Tyreek Hill may not get many opportunities to change the game. Punter Brad Nortman has dropped 10 punts inside the 20 and has impressed Chiefs special-teams coach Dave Toub. “Nortman, the punter, is going to put us in situations where we have to get everybody blocked up because he hangs the ball so well,” Toub said. The Jaguars’ coverage units are solid while their return units are in the bottom half of the league on kicks (21st) and punts (27th). The Jaguars, however, had all sorts of special-teams issues against Oakland two weeks ago — including a muffed punt, a fourth-down conversion run by a punter and poor judgments on punt returns inside the 10-yard line — and Marqise Lee fumbled a punt last week against Tennessee.

Four keys to a Chiefs victory

1. Dial up some power and misdirection

Jacksonville’s defense is very fast, but fast defenses can be exploited with misdirection running plays like counters, which Chiefs coach Andy Reid is more than capable of dialing up. The Jaguars also struggled on power running plays featuring pulling linemen and are susceptible on bounce outs and outside runs, as their ends and corners lost contain a number of times last week against Tennessee, which rushed for 214 yards in 43 carries (4.9 ypc). The Chiefs also have a read-option game that could be effective against the Jaguars.. Questioning a team’s effort is always an iffy proposition, but there was some loafing to the football last week. The Chiefs might try to make them prove they can be physical, decisive and willing to tackle, as they missed their fair share last week. But the Chiefs aren’t underestimating the Jaguars. “I think in last week’s game versus Tennessee, that’s not who they are — and we know that,” co-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy said. “They came out on short rest and obviously didn’t play how they wanted to play. In the defensive category, they’re a top-10 defense and they play that way. Trust me, we’re well aware of that.”

2. Take some deep shots

Chiefs quarterback Nick Foles, who is getting the nod this week in place of Alex Smith, has a strong arm; he should get an opportunity to put it to good use against a youngish defense that’s only recorded 13 sacks this season. Time to air it out some and let Jeremy Maclin, who hasn’t quite had the season he was hoping for, and dynamic fifth-round rookie Tyreek Hill stretch their legs a bit. The Jaguars’ surrendered a 36-yard touchdown to the Titans last week on playaction, so that’s something the Chiefs might try to emulate. The Jaguars also haven’t forced a turnover in their last three contests, so there’s not a whole lot to lose by throwing it around a bit unless they can finally start making some plays with the ball in the air. This Seahawks-style defense is also a little vulnerable to wheel routes down the sideline, so don’t be surprised if the Chiefs dial up a few of those, too.

3. Makes them prove they can run it

The Jaguars’ running backs — T.J. Yeldon (3.5 yards per carry) and Chris Ivory (3.2 yards per carry) — are talented. “They’ve got two really good backs, Yeldon and Ivory, both physical guys,” Sutton said. The Jaguars, however, have not been able to get going this year, largely because the Jaguars have lost the battle at the line of scrimmage all year long. They just don’t generate a ton of movement at the point of attack — which explains their No. 30 ranking in rushing, and two runs of 20-plus yards all season — which means the Chiefs could choose to place even numbers in the box and rely on their defensive front to stop the run without an extra defender. Doing so might help them devote an extra defender to the next key to winning, which is ...

4. Limit explosive passing plays

Two players the Chiefs need to concern themselves with are receivers Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, two big targets who specialize in big plays downfield. Quarterback Blake Bortles has more than enough arm to get it downfield, too; he led the league in attempts, completions and yards a year ago and Robinson (17.5 yards per catch in ’15) and Hurns (161 yards per catch) feasted on smaller defensive backs for chunk gains, as the Jaguars led the league in completions over 20 yards. “Guys that can stretch you down the field,” Chiefs inside linebacker Derrick Johnson said. “They can throw the ball up and make a play.” They have not had as much success throwing the ball downfield this year, however; they’ve dropped to 16th in completions over 20-plus yards because a.) defenses are taking away some of those opportunities with two-deep coverage and b.) Bortles has really struggled with his accuracy. The Chiefs might try to do the same over-the-top coverage, but the Jaguars’ offensive line allowed some free runners up the middle on blitzes last week, so don’t be surprised if the Chiefs selectively blitz Bortles, too. “They’ve got enough weapons to keep you nervous,” Sutton said.

Four Jaguars to watch

No. 5, QB Blake Bortles, 24 years old, 6-5, 239, third season

Former No. 3 overall pick who had a nice season in 2015, completing 58.6 percent of his passes for 4,428 yards, 35 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, but has been fighting it some this year and is on track to complete 60 percent of his passes for 4,352 yards, 27 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. Big, sturdy guy who possesses a good arm. Mechanics have been very off recently, however; his wind-up motion has been getting longer and he’s struggled with his accuracy, both deep and short, with some inexplicable wobbles mixed in. Will also throw off his back foot and make bad decisions in the face of pressure. Was visibly frustrated last week and brought in his own passing coach this week to help rectify his issues. The body language of his receivers last week wasn’t great as Bortles looked indecisive and struggled with his accuracy, but Bradley says Bortles is liked by his teammates. “The issue with him is he can be hard on himself and if it doesn’t go quite his way he takes it all in,” Bradley said. “If we don’t play quite as well as we need to, he shoulders all of the blame, just like good quarterbacks do. I think there’s a level of frustration that he’s not performing up to his best.” Is a good athlete who can run and escape pressure and isn’t above lowering his shoulder to lower the boom on defensive backs. “He’s one big dude, and he can maneuver a lot better than they say he runs,” Sutton said. “He’s got escapability.”

No. 15, WR Allen Robinson, 23 years old, 6-3, 218, third season

Posted a monster 2015 campaign in which he made the Pro Bowl by catching 80 passes for 1,400 yards and 14 touchdowns. Numbers are down this year — he’s on track to finish with 73 catches for 837 yards and seven touchdowns — but Bortles’ accuracy issues haven’t helped. He’s also been seeing more double teams after his breakout 2015 season. Big, physical receiver with good speed, footwork and burst out of his cuts. Knows how to get open and really stands out on contested downfield balls — routinely shows the ability to elevate over smaller defensive backs and win with the ball in the air. “He’s really noted for his 50-50 balls — he can go up and take the ball from ya, and Blake trusts him,” Sutton said. Saw 15 targets last week and mainly lined up on the left side of the formation against the Titans, which means he could be prominently involved in this week’s gameplan, especially if the Jaguars choose to avoid star cornerback Marcus Peters like other teams have recently.

No. 90, DT Malik Jackson, 26 years old, 6-5, 300, fifth season

Was lured away from the Super Bowl-champion Denver Broncos with a six-year, $90 million deal. Largely plays three-technique for the Jaguars, where he can use his size and quickness to get upfield and penetrate, but will occasionally reduce inside to a one-technique. Has recorded 12 tackles, a sack and six pressures in seven games after racking up 45 tackles, five sacks and 16 pressures in 16 games in 2015. Durable; rarely misses games. Gets off the ball fairly well but can occasionally be reached. Has a bull rush and a swim move as a pass rusher, and also has a knack for getting his hands up and deflecting passes; his 15 passes defensed since 2013 rank seventh in the NFL among all defensive linemen. “Even though he doesn’t have the sack numbers he’s had, he’s somebody you have to be aware of,” co-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy said. “He’s too good of a player to not be accountable for.”

No. 51, ILB Paul Posluszny, 32 years old, 6-2, 232, 10th season

Tempo-setting throwback linebacker who leads the Jaguars in tackles (64) and gets his teammates lined up properly. Can still run; despite his age, he has some quickness and juice and remains a rock-solid player. Generally has good eyes and seems to know where the ball is going, though he’ll take some false steps on read option. Takes good angles to the football and is willing to be physical with oncoming linemen but can be moved/controlled once locked on to. Generally pursues hard and can make plays in the alley. “Stud,” Nagy said. “Guy’s been doing it for a long time. Penn State guy. Smart football player. Plays hard.”

Bonus notes on the Jaguars

▪ Hurns is a good player who had a nice year in 2015 — 64 catches, 1,031 yards and 10 touchdowns — but both he and Robinson have had the occasional focus drop this season. Still, Hurns has been the primary big-play threat this year, with nine catches over 20 yards or more compared to Robinson’s four.

▪ Lee, a second-round pick in 2014, is having career year with 30 catches for 358 yards. As teams have adjusted their coverage to account for Hurns and Robinson, Lee has been ripping it up underneath. He doesn’t have a touchdown but he can still hurt the Chiefs, provided Bortles can figure out his mechanics and get him the ball in the one-on-one matchups he’ll see Sunday. “Marqise Lee has come around really good for them this year, too,” Sutton said. “He’s stepped up — he’s a much bigger part of their week-to-week plans.”

▪ Thomas scored 24 touchdowns with the Broncos from 2013 to 2014 but only has eight in his two years with the Jaguars. He’s on pace to finish with 43 catches for 512 yards and seven touchdown this season.

▪ Chiefs outside linebacker Dee Ford, who has been coming on strong lately, could be in for a nice game. He’ll be facing Parnell, who is having a nice season but was beat with a speed rush and rip — one of Ford’s new moves — for a sack last week

.▪ Aluala might get the nod at “big” end for the Jaguars since Odrick is battling foot and ankle injuries.

▪ Fowler, the No. 3 overall pick in 2015, missed all of last season with a torn ACL and has more penalties (seven) than sacks (two) this season. He’s yielded the starting job to Ngakoue, a rookie who has been a pleasant surprise; he leads the team in sacks with four. Bradley said Fowler needs to be more consistent. “That’s our challenge for him,” Bradley said. “Sometimes with younger players you have that, but you see flashes of him. You see flashes of his speed, his power and his strengths.”

▪ Smith is undersized but has loads of quickness and good instincts. He needs to improve his tackling — he missed way too many tackles against the Titans — and can be late with his eyes in coverage but has the look of a good player, provided he can hold up in the box long-term at only 218 pounds.

▪ Jack rotates in at strongside linebacker with Skuta and generally comes out on passing downs. Chiefs general manager John Dorsey admitted liking him during the draft.

▪ Cyprien is a physical strong safety who loves to come up and fill running lanes and lay the wood, ala Seattle’s Kam Chancellor. He’ll line up as a linebacker in some nickel looks and likes to throw his body around; receivers and tight ends need to keep their heads on a swivel when running over the middle.

▪ The Jaguars handed Gipson — a former Pro Bowler with 15 career interceptions — $36 million this offseason to play the single-high Earl Thomas role in this defense. He has 18 tackles, one pass defensed and an interception.

▪ Ramsey is an aggressive, physical player with terrific athleticism. “He’s a big kid,” Nagy said. “He’s gonna press ‘ya and jam ‘ya and be physical.” He also plays with attitude, especially for a rookie; Ramsey was ejected from the game against the Raiders two weeks ago and got into a war of words with Baltimore’s Steve Smith, Sr., earlier this season. The Chiefs’ receivers — particularly the super-competitive Jeremy Maclin — need to keep their composure and not let him take them out of their game. “He’s extremely competitive — extremely competitive,” Bradley said of Ramsey, the No. 5 overall pick this year.

▪ The Jaguars are the second-most penalized team in the league (9.4 per game), only behind Oakland (10.8). The Chiefs should stay disciplined and let these guys beat themselves.

▪ Greene, who muffed a punt against Oakland two weeks ago, was a healthy inactive last week. If he doesn’t get the call, expect Lee — who who muffed a punt last week — or Walters to get a shot.

Prediction: Chiefs 27-20

The Jaguars have been outscored 81-8 in the first three quarters of their road games this season. The Chiefs need to come out and take it to these guys early. The Jags looked out of it last week on Thursday Night Football as they fell behind 24-0 before halftime, so if the Chiefs get it up they might be liable to quit, unless the Jaguars get motivated to save Bradley’s job. The hunch here is that they’ll play better and harder, but still fall to a superior Chiefs team.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 11-06-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast