Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post jags game thoughts

Default Post jags game thoughts

The Chiefs stole one today. They got away with one. IMO the Jags got the short end of the stick there on that last review. I thought there was enough to overturn that. Luckily I'm not the official.

Tackling sucked today. So many missed tackles leading to big Jags plays. That is something that just can't happen. They again are very lucky it didn't cost them in the W department

About the Kelce thing. I get why he was upset. I would have been to. But you can't do that. At the same time IMO the ref holds some accountability in this two. Kelce was already walking away when he threw the flag. He could have also let it go

The QB spot gets a ton of talk. But today is anther example of COACHING. So many of our offensive problems over the years have been put on Alex. When you don't have 1 damn WR run to the first down marker on 3rd down you're going to have issues converting. We did that again today with yet anther QB in there. When your offense by it's very nature is so relent on the short passing game you're not going to see many downfield throws. We saw that again today with anther QB in there. Bottom line QB is not the thing that is limiting this offense it's the playcalling. Until that changes nothing else will change. I hope more will see that after today.

Dee Ford. So many have labeled him a bust. But it's really hard for someone to develop when they are playing behind Hali and Houston. He's getting more and more playing time now and starting to show he's no bust and can indeed play. Down the road that will help the Chiefs

All in all the Chiefs are very lucky they got the W today. The Jags did more the beat the Jags then the Chiefs really did. That kind of effort isn't going to get many Ws. Yes we had a number of guys out but the effort was still lacking. It has to get better.

On to Next week and the Panthers
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I give the Team a Solid A- total *** kicking today, well deserved win boys

I would say were even with the refs after the Ware fumble out of the end zone weeks ago

I agree play calling needs to chang hands reid play calling is aweful today like most of the year once again i thought D PLAYED RLY GOOD!! Now on that note petters has to stop geting burnt on the bomb bc i promise u raiders will test that next game im sure it wont be raining!! But all in all OFFENSE is the problem and it starte with reid play calling sick of this collage offense now on west he not a starting rb with ware out he didnt do very good and jc down it was west time to shine felt beside the last 1st down of game run he didnt show very much.. anyways glad we got the WIN HOPE TO SEE ALEX WARE BACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I don't think It was anywhere close to an A- or even a B effort

Offense yeah you can say they were missing so many guys

But defense while they barely did enough to hold on they also did so poor of a job tackling and that's not something caused by injuries. It's just doing a poor job. It has to be fixed quick IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

A win is a win its impossible to expect anything more every game

By the way, with this win the Chiefs are guaranteed to be in 2nd place in the AFC West ... Unless tonight's game ends in a tie!

The Broncos and Raiders play each other tonight so the winner will be 7-2, Chiefs are 6-2 and the loser will be 6-3.

If it's a tie they will both be 6-2-1, just ahead of the Chiefs.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

A win is a win its impossible to expect anything more every game

A win at the end of the day is what matters

But not every win means you had an A game. There is some things they are going to have to work on or they won't be winning. There is a lot they will be working on in practice this week after the coaches watch the tape
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I like to call him "Little Cario" The start of his 1st season I thought, my god this kid can't kick. Why did we let Ryan Succop go? Well...He's a solid kicker & I'm glad we have him. He had a great game.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    I like to call him "Little Cario" The start of his 1st season I thought, my god this kid can't kick. Why did we let Ryan Succop go? Well...He's a solid kicker & I'm glad we have him. He had a great game.
    Yes he did. And he is a very good kicker. In fact, he reminds me of some of the great kickers we've had in the past....Jan Stenerud and Lin Elliot. Both of those two were GREAT kickers and both of them let us down when it mattered most...Stenerud against the Dolphins on Christmas day and Elliot....well....I don't even want to think about him.

Both were good to great kickers who let us down when it mattered most.

Santos has done an EXCELLENT job but he's had some inexplicable misses. I just hope that when the day comes that a championship is riding on his leg that he doesn't let us down the way some others have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast