Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panthers post game

Default Panthers post game

HOW did the Chiefs win that game?

This says something about the Chiefs. The Chiefs have had to hold on to a win a number of times. It says something that they have been able to. As we saw from the Panthers it's not easy to do

If you want my thoughts on the playcalling see my Andy Reid rant. IMO they should use more of the slants the Panthers were running they are hard to defend.

Alex Smith you have been in the NFL long enough that staring down a WR should NEVER be an issue but the INT that's what he did. That and some overthrows Alex had a bad game. I'll give him some slack and say this was a product of missing last week. But COME ON MAN GET IT TOGETHER. You simply have to be better than that. Playing like that isn't going to get this team many wins.

It's the little things that can really hurt you. Going back and watching the INT. Alex didn't look off the safety as I noted but what also hurt is the WR on the other end didn't even run what I think can be considered a rout. It was predetermined that ball was going to be thrown. You have to give yourself a chance and sometimes we don't do that.

The defense hats off to you for your 2nd half play. You left a lot to be desired in the 1st half but you got it together and WON THAT GAME. And STILL you did it without Houston. Getting Houston back is going to make it even harder to beat us

Eric Berry and Marcus Peters. THANK YOU For making those plays. That's how you win a football game guys. Peters will get some heat for punting the ball. But if he makes that play I will take a 5-yard penalty every time. It was just an amazing game-winning play from someone who wanted to win. THIS IS A GOOD THING. You can win with guys like that.

This week wasn't pretty at all. This was not even an average effort from a lot of our guys. But at the end of the day they won the football game. Now offense get your poop in a group. PLEASE. Stop making it so hard to survive a game
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Alex should have dime droped it wasnt a bad throw just big play buy safty on deep int .. omg D FORD HAS PLAYED AMAZING!! Eb and petter hole d looked amazing to me OFFENSE omg they looked completely flat .. and the game planing on offense was completely crapy.. sorry reid ahould dun better but TO EVERYONE A WIN A WIN NO MATTER HOW UGLY !!!! Love you all chief fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    Alex should have dime droped it wasnt a bad throw just big play buysafty on deep int .. omg D FORD HAS PLAYED AMAZING!! Eb and petter hole d looked amazing to me OFFENSE omg they looked completely flat .. and the game planing on offense was completely crapy.. sorry reid ahould dun better but TO EVERYONE A WIN A WIN NO MATTER HOW UGLY !!!! Love you all chief fans!!!
    The throw itself wasn't so bad.

Where Alex went wrong is staring down the WR. It's something that a QB who has been in the NFL as long as Alex has should never do.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    HOW did the Chiefs win that game?

This says something about the Chiefs. The Chiefs have had to hold on to a win a number of times. It says something that they have been able to. As we saw from the Panthers it's not easy to do

If you want my thoughts on the playcalling see my Andy Reid rant. IMO they should use more of the slants the Panthers were running they are hard to defend.

Alex Smith you have been in the NFL long enough that staring down a WR should NEVER be an issue but the INT that's what he did. That and some overthrows Alex had a bad game. I'll give him some slack and say this was a product of missing last week. But COME ON MAN GET IT TOGETHER. You simply have to be better than that. Playing like that isn't going to get this team many wins.

It's the little things that can really hurt you. Going back and watching the INT. Alex didn't look off the safety as I noted but what also hurt is the WR on the other end didn't even run what I think can be considered a rout. It was predetermined that ball was going to be thrown. You have to give yourself a chance and sometimes we don't do that.

The defense hats off to you for your 2nd half play. You left a lot to be desired in the 1st half but you got it together and WON THAT GAME. And STILL you did it without Houston. Getting Houston back is going to make it even harder to beat us

Eric Berry and Marcus Peters. THANK YOU For making those plays. That's how you win a football game guys. Peters will get some heat for punting the ball. But if he makes that play I will take a 5-yard penalty every time. It was just an amazing game-winning play from someone who wanted to win. THIS IS A GOOD THING. You can win with guys like that.

This week wasn't pretty at all. This was not even an average effort from a lot of our guys. But at the end of the day they won the football game. Now offense get your poop in a group. PLEASE. Stop making it so hard to survive a game
    IMO that is a pretty damned good analysis.

We weren't very good today, but thanks to some players who JUST WOULDN'T QUIT we were good enough.

SPECIAL THANKS to Marcus Peters who with 20 seconds left was still playing for the WIN rather than OT!

I agree 💯 matt and thats what a good qb coach should be reminding him on the fundamentals .. and I agree 💯 on we need to do way more slants then take deep shots here and there.. but what we do no reid offense not doing very good at all , D Been pulling them out all year beside couple games.. ive been yelling this for awhile now.. that offense is just completely old news and ever team we play there waiting on the screens!!! They game plan for it hell i would to if i was a DC ..and what upsets me the most not like we dont have the talent on offense!!! We have plenty way more then other teams but were still playing flat!! I pray reid can stop being soo hard headed and see something need change on offense starting with his play calling..
    Last edited by Kcman; 11-13-2016 at 11:28 PM.

By the way if the Patriots lose tonight we will be in 1st place in the AFC

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post

And that's what happened :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Tough game to watch, especially from an offensive standpoint. Too many drops, goofy-arse play calling (especially in the first half) and really erratic play from Alex Smith (Overthrowing a target like Travis Kelce? Really?). Tyreek Hill & Spencer Ware did a really good job with the opportunities they had.

Defensively I thought Sutton really called things extremely well. Berry's pick six was FANTASTIC. Marcus Peters' strip was huge. The shots of the Carolina bench at that point, they were done. With all the talent they have, and with our offensive goof-ups, they should've won. But our D had different plans.

Memo to Andy Reid: Ditch the screen pass plays. Instead, if you're that determined to run the other team's D side to side, run the old GB power sweep. Chances are with Ware, KD or CW you'll get a lot more yards than getting cute with throwing to DAT.

those screens wouldn't be so bad if we ran another play from the formation to take advantage of defenses getting to aggressive against the screens

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I am confused. Patriots lost but are still number 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast