Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Bucs thoughts

Default Post Bucs thoughts

I asked the offense to step up this week. They didn't do that. Once again they were pretty bad. And this time the D didn't bail them out.

The offense will get a lot of flack and rightfully so this week. But this was a total team loss.

The D from start to finish didn't get them off the field. I could have gotten open on 3rd down against them. They were that bad.

Alex Smith underperformed again today. He normally isn't one that loses you games but today he was a big part in that. For the 2nd straight week he made rookie mistake that led to an INT. And was a big swing in the game. The Chiefs usually are the ones to force opponents to do that. And that was a big decider in the game.

Andy Reid playcalling continues to be a big factor as well. At the end you need to MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN and you run a 4 yard pass? REALLY? Like 4 yards was going to be a difference maker there. Just baffles me. Also yet again WRs on 3rd down not getting to the Chains. I have said this before I will say it again. You have to at some point give yourself a chance. And we continue to do things to not give ourselves a chance.

This L has been coming for weeks. Maybe this will serve as a wakeup call. Simply put right now the Chiefs might be winning some games. But they are doing everything they can to lose. And in the postseason that's the thing that cost you.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by hollasin View Post
    It was tipped but the tip only made it go from an interception in the endzone to an interception with a big return. Nelson got beat like a drum today wish they would've put White on the outside and left Nelson in the slot.

This game is on the Offense the defense keep them out the end zone multiple drives in a row but keep getting out back on the field quickly. Bend but don't break defense usually works when the Offense can score points. Defense gives up 18 points a game gave up 19 today. Offense averages 22 struggled to get 17. 3rd downs were bad by the defense which was the major flaw for them. Everything accept 3 drives was terrible for the offense

I think the D had a lot to do with this L as well

From drive 1 they let them stay on the field control the ball time after time after time. They allowed Tampa to do what we normally do to teams. They controlled the ball and the game throughout. And the D let them do it despite many chances to get off the field.

That's not to say that the offense couldn't have done more and won. But the D helped them get beat as well with all the 3rd down conversions they gave up many times to a WIDE open guy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Defense played a part in the lost but take away the Pitt game when neither side showed up the defense been carrying the team. Turnovers keep putting the Offense is short fields which didn't happen today.

Without Peters, Howard, Ford, Houston and Hali not at 100% defense keep them to 3 field goals, a TD, and a turnover in the redzone. This offense can't stay on the field and it bit the defense today. When you can't pick up a 3rd down so the defense can catch a break and figure something out you don't stand a chance.

Defense was due to have a bad game offense been having them all season

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This team can still be a contender.

The D doesn't normally fail that badly on 3rd down

The offense has at times shown they can get the job done.

They just have to get on the same page. They have been flirting with disaster the past few weeks. They got that disaster today. This could be just the wake-up call they needed. We will see about that next week
    Oh I think we're still a contender and we'll be in the playoffs, just not a SB contender this year.

Yes the D normally doesn't fail that bad on third down - but normally the D has Marcus Peters. And hat's off to Winston for doing a good job picking our secondary apart. It was good to see Justin Houston back.

Usually our offense does rally (enough) to get the W but today it did finally bite them in the butt. The bad play calls, the drops, the bad time management - needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcman View Post
    Im just sick was a easy win we once again pissed away this offense has been aweful all year long and guess what nothing changed andy reid play calling is just crap but even thow everyone saying it we get more screens that int should never happened at all remmber 3 points could have won game but the way are D was playing doudt that would have happened !! 300 yards on Winston just completely garbage!!! Im sorry they made him look like a tom brady or a Payton manning today so guess what we get to here all week Winston the rapist how much a god he is on nfl channel thank you D NELSON YOUR GARBAGE COMPLETELY!! Petters i love u but rly u couldn't play afyer your super punt!! Man up!! This lose straight up pisses me off bc it shouldn't have hapoend denver and alanta next lol to be honest i dont even think will make playoffs playing like this!!
    Yes...This loss SUCKED. But to be honest, our Defense did what they do. Bend but don't break. 4 times we held them to a Field Goal. That ain't bad. What was missing were the turnovers. And Marcus Peters being out had something to do with that. No doubt the Offense needs a SERIOUS kick in the ash, but this team lives or dies by it's Defense and turnovers and has for a few years now. Having Peters out really hurt us.

Peters, and dont forget Bailey, Howard and now Dee Ford is hurt

Quote Originally Posted by hollasin View Post
    It was tipped but the tip only made it go from an interception in the endzone to an interception with a big return. Nelson got beat like a drum today wish they would've put White on the outside and left Nelson in the slot.

This game is on the Offense the defense keep them out the end zone multiple drives in a row but keep getting out back on the field quickly. Bend but don't break defense usually works when the Offense can score points. Defense gives up 18 points a game gave up 19 today. Offense averages 22 struggled to get 17. 3rd downs were bad by the defense which was the major flaw for them. Everything accept 3 drives was terrible for the offense
    That is the voice of reason. Defense did just fine limiting Tampa to 4 field goals and just 1 TD. No shame in that at all even with all the yards and 1st downs they gave up. We didn't lose this game because of the Defense. They only gave up 19 points. We lost because we couldn't score more than 19 points and that is A PROBLEM. Our Defense is JUST FINE--not perfect, but damned good.

Our Offense simply is not getting the job done. I won't blame Andy or Alex or anybody else for that just yet but they need to pull their ship together.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Peters, and dont forget Bailey, Howard and now Dee Ford is hurt
    Yeah....The injury bug is kicking our butt this year.

Oh....and about you saying you were going to leave because of all the negativity...YOU BETTER NOT!!! You are a damned fine Chiefs fan and you belong here! GRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Oh I think we're still a contender and we'll be in the playoffs, just not a SB contender this year.

Yes the D normally doesn't fail that bad on third down - but normally the D has Marcus Peters. And hat's off to Winston for doing a good job picking our secondary apart. It was good to see Justin Houston back.

Usually our offense does rally (enough) to get the W but today it did finally bite them in the butt. The bad play calls, the drops, the bad time management - needs to change.
    We could be Just remember what Denver won with last year.

Our offense can match what theirs did. And so can our D when they are on their game.

But the offense has to play better then what they have been to have any shot. They have shown they can they just have to do it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We could be Just remember what Denver won with last year.

Our offense can match what theirs did. And so can our D when they are on their game.

But the offense has to play better then what they have been to have any shot. They have shown they can they just have to do it
    The Donks got in with a whole lotta blind eyes from the refs and league officials.

Again, if we clean up our mistakes, we'll be fine. Just don't think we are a SB contender this year. Right not we're not pushovers but we're just not a dominant team.

We don't have great depth at CB. Behind Peters we have guys who can show flashes but just can't keep consistency. Our Chiefs are decimated my injuries and if we were 100% healthy I say we are most definately SB contenders. Let's punch our ticket to the dance and get healthy for the playoffs then anything is possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast