Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game @Denver thoughts

Default Post game @Denver thoughts

WOW Don't know what to say. That's about as close as you can get. The Chiefs found a way to win.

1. Offense Got to give it up to you guys for stepping up at the end of the game. Many times in the past they have been close but failed to get it done. Tonight they didn't take that and they went out and WON THE FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME. Alex,Kelce were both huge and Hill continues to show that he can be a real weapon.

2. For the first 3 quarters if you want my thoughts on Andy I refer you again to my Andy Reid Rant enough said about that

3. I've been beating this drum all season and will again tonight. When we run a NFL offense that is updated to todays game we do decent on offense. Tonight was anther example of that. We couldn't run this stupid screens and end arounds and the offense went right down against one of the best Ds in the NFL. So again I stress WHEN WE RUN A MODERN DAY NFL OFFENSE WE ARE MUCH BETTER PLEASE ANDY GET THIS

4. Justin Houston was a game changer. He ran out of gas in the 2nd half and was being held constantly but it's Denver they had to know that was going to happen. But he showed just how damn good he is. And will contiue to get his legs under him. It was great to see #50 back.

5. This win was huge. Anther win against a big division rival without some of our key guys on the road. Good teams find a way to win. And the Chiefs did that today. This also can give this offense a huge boost going into next week. They might need it with the offense that we will be facing. Keep it up boys Bring on the dirty birds and lets go
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

DAMNED RIGHT!!!! I think a bit better of Reid than you do, but that is just nit-picking. A great all-around team win when we needed it most! Great to have the AFC West as the best division in the NFL AGAIN!

That was quite possibly one of the most gut wrenching, heart stopping, entertaining games I've ever seen in my life, it totally lived up to the hype and was worth flexing

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    That was quite possibly one of the most gut wrenching, heart stopping, entertaining games I've ever seen in my life, it totally lived up to the hype and was worth flexing
    BIG WIN for the NFL by flexing the game!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    WOW Don't know what to say. That's about as close as you can get. The Chiefs found a way to win.

1. Offense Got to give it up to you guys for stepping up at the end of the game. Many times in the past they have been close but failed to get it done. Tonight they didn't take that and they went out and WON THE FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME. Alex,Kelce were both huge and Hill continues to show that he can be a real weapon.

2. For the first 3 quarters if you want my thoughts on Andy I refer you again to my Andy Reid Rant enough said about that

3. I've been beating this drum all season and will again tonight. When we run a NFL offense that is updated to todays game we do decent on offense. Tonight was anther example of that. We couldn't run this stupid screens and end arounds and the offense went right down against one of the best Ds in the NFL. So again I stress WHEN WE RUN A MODERN DAY NFL OFFENSE WE ARE MUCH BETTER PLEASE ANDY GET THIS

4. Justin Houston was a game changer. He ran out of gas in the 2nd half and was being held constantly but it's Denver they had to know that was going to happen. But he showed just how damn good he is. And will contiue to get his legs under him. It was great to see #50 back.

5. This win was huge. Anther win against a big division rival without some of our key guys on the road. Good teams find a way to win. And the Chiefs did that today. This also can give this offense a huge boost going into next week. They might need it with the offense that we will be facing. Keep it up boys Bring on the dirty birds and lets go
    1) Hat's off to the offensive line for finding a way to slow down Miller exactly when it was needed. The offense as a whole hung tough and weren't going down quietly. How many times in the past have we seen Chiefs teams that would just fold under those circumstances? NOT TONIGHT.

2) Andy will always be Andy...But really tonight I blame the drops.

3) If we're going to commit that badly to screen plays...We need to figure out what we're doing wrong with them when other teams see to do pretty well running them.

4) He was still effective going into overtime, maybe not as spry but still effective...But I'd love to have seen what would've happened with a mixture of a healthy Dee Ford and Tamba on the other side. Tamba made some big time plays tonight as well. Hopefully we'll get to see that next time.

5) Agreed. It was big.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    DAMNED RIGHT!!!! I think a bit better of Reid than you do, but that is just nit-picking. A great all-around team win when we needed it most! Great to have the AFC West as the best division in the NFL AGAIN!
    I'm not down on Reid.

But he does have a bit of a stubborn streak in him when it comes to playcalling. He is a damn fine NFL coach. We are very lucky to have him as our coach. I mean think back to 2012 when we were looking at Jeff Fisher. Reid isn't bad he just has this flaw when it comes to playcalling.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ha!! Ha!!

donkeys lost !!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Ha!! Ha!!

donkeys lost !!
    Hey, Brian! Good to see you again. Thank you for your astute, but succinct, input!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm not down on Reid.

But he does have a bit of a stubborn streak in him when it comes to playcalling. He is a damn fine NFL coach. We are very lucky to have him as our coach. I mean think back to 2012 when we were looking at Jeff Fisher. Reid isn't bad he just has this flaw when it comes to playcalling.
    Agree completely. His play-calling can be UTTERLY BEFUDDLING. And his clock management...I just ain't going to go there. It's just that every time I want to rip his head off I look at our record since he came to town and then I just shut my mouth. Thank God I'm not an NFL coach!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Ha!! Ha!!

donkeys lost !!
    Good to see you back Brian!!!! We miss you around here y'know! Hell of a game wasn't it! Absolute squeaker. But we got it done. Second win in a row against Denver--both of them at Mile High. Been a while since we have done that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast