Thread: Pirority on injury returns?

Default Pirority on injury returns?

810 sports started a decent debate this morning. One I wanted to call in and go off on Nate for. Of these 5 players who do you see as the biggest priority to see the field on Sunday.

1. Dee Ford
    2. Jaye Howard
    3. Donari Poe
    4. J. Maclin
    5. Steven Nelson.

Nate said Steven Nelson after the way Gaines got toasted. I say ney ney. Prior to the Donkies. Steven Nelso was the B every team picked on. The return of D White is exciting.

I say J. Mac...This offense needs to step up. Adding one more receiving threat could open things up big time.

Next Dee Ford - Tamba just isn't getting much pass rush.

Then Poe, Howard and Nelson last.

I think I would like to Dee Ford then J.Mack. Do you really think J.Mac will make that much difference in the O? I am dying to see Houston and Dee Ford on the field together, who are they going to double team?

IMO the two most important ones are Ford and Maclin. Not sure which I would say is #1 priority or #2. We need them BOTH for this 5 game playoff drive.

I'd rank them in same order as Seek. This offense is embarrassing right now. We need Maclin back badly. After that, it's a Toss up between Ford and Poe.

How about we get them all back and everything will be hunkydory. Although when Howard comes back I would like to see them keep Kendall Reyes he has played really well so far

This is like having a bucket with 5 holes in the bottom and asking, "which hole do we plug first?" Unless you plug them all the bucket is still going to leak. Or to use another tired cliche, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I can see the argument for Maclin being the #1 priority, but he has been a bit of an under-achiever when he has played, this year. Still, just having him on the field allows our other receivers to perform better, because of the attention he gets.

Ford is our team leader in sacks. Having him and Houston both healthy at the same time would mean so much for our defense.

Don't under-estimate the importance of having Poe and Howard stuffing the middle against the run, either.

We are very lucky to have good depth at multiple positions, but they are all important and we need them all back as soon as possible.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    This is like having a bucket with 5 holes in the bottom and asking, "which hole do we plug first?" Unless you plug them all the bucket is still going to leak. Or to use another tired cliche, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I can see the argument for Maclin being the #1 priority, but he has been a bit of an under-achiever when he has played, this year. Still, just having him on the field allows our other receivers to perform better, because of the attention he gets.

Ford is our team leader in sacks. Having him and Houston both healthy at the same time would mean so much for our defense.

Don't under-estimate the importance of having Poe and Howard stuffing the middle against the run, either.

We are very lucky to have good depth at multiple positions, but they are all important and we need them all back as soon as possible.
    Just so. We have a very tough road facing us. We're in the division hunt but we're all dinged up with with 5 TOUGH games facing us (3 of them division games). We could win the West but we could equally not even get a Wildcard. We need our playmakers back but we also need them all healthy if we make the playoffs and want to make a serious run. I just hope that as all of them make their way back to the field that they all turn in the kind of performance Justin Houston did in the Denver game. If we can get our playmakers back playing at 100% and get in the playoffs then the sky is the limit.

I'd agree with TopekaRoy's "Five holes in a bucket" theory...

Right now our D is what's carrying the team, so having Ford, Howard, and Poe would be the must haves. Great pass rush & d-line pressure will make bad secondaries look a whole lot better.

Maclin would come after that. The offense as a whole needs to get their stuff together and just cut out the mistakes, especially the drops. Having Maclin back would definitely help.

Nelson would probably be the last on the list. Opposing teams are targeting any KC defensive back not named Marcus Peters, after the rookie season that Peters had.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'd agree with TopekaRoy's "Five holes in a bucket" theory...

Right now our D is what's carrying the team, so having Ford, Howard, and Poe would be the must haves. Great pass rush & d-line pressure will make bad secondaries look a whole lot better.

Maclin would come after that. The offense as a whole needs to get their stuff together and just cut out the mistakes, especially the drops. Having Maclin back would definitely help.

Nelson would probably be the last on the list. Opposing teams are targeting any KC defensive back not named Marcus Peters, after the rookie season that Peters had.
    Looks like Poe and Howard are not going to make it this week. Maclin and Ford were limited.

Howard has been put on Injured Reserve he is done for the year