Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will They Be Gone Anyway?

Default Will They Be Gone Anyway?

Both LJ and Tony Gonzalez are playing in the Pro. Bowl, and with another Pro-Bowl selection, Tony's worth has increased. Contract talks with both Tony and LJ have stalled, and the Chiefs might try to revive the contract talks with both players in the coming days. Tony is scheduled to become an unrestrcted free agent after this season and Johnson could be one after next season. With so many teams flush with dollars, Tony could hit the mother lode, and so could Johnson.

As the situation stands, I hope that Mr. Peterson is doing his home work, losing your one two punch without a chance to improve the team would be not good, I have my fingers crossed.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: Will They Be Gone Anyway?

Don't read too much into that SI article about talks being stalled. They are just fanning and ember that does not even exist yet.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Let them go. The offense is gone. Start over. Get something for them, if we can, and get to work on a new offense. (as much as I hate the prospect of a Herm Edwards offense,)

If we can pull off some sort of Hershel Walker type trade, I am all for it. But only in that situation.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Unfortunately the only thing that management will pull off is their stockings at night, that, they (hoefully) know how to do. We are in this situation and others like it year after year, ojt means you learn from your past mistakes, not continually make them. We will probably lose them and be no better off, or worse off, it is enough to make a grown man cry.
    I hope that I am wrong and we get a great team next year, but going on the track record of this management, I will not hold my breath.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders (an hour from now)!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

like you said,LJ`s contract isn`t up till next year. trade him for some high picks. he has to be worth atleast a 1 and a high 2. dont break the bank on Gonzo. we have to many holes to fill. this next year like it or not is rebuilding time.

I wish I had the confidence that management can rebuild anything, to win consistently we have to have a balanced team, as was mentioned in a post somewhere, and this is something that doesn't seem to happen. We fix the Offense at the expense of the Defense, and vice versa.
    Shore up both, anyone can see that both have room for improvement, do the job, balance the team, and watch the Chiefs circle the NFL!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

wolfpack wrote:
    like you said,LJ`s contract isn`t up till next year. trade him for some high picks. he has to be worth atleast a 1 and a high 2. dont break the bank on Gonzo. we have to many holes to fill. this next year like it or not is rebuilding time.
    We've been in a rebuilding mode 8 out of the last 9 seasons; it's gettin a bit old.

Guru wrote:
    Don't read too much into that SI article about talks being stalled. They are just fanning and ember that does not even exist yet.
    Yep; that's kinda what they do.

C'mon, you all know that the good people at SI wouldn't do a thing like that, they are journalistic experts, don't cha know! (grin)

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast