Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game Falcons

Default Post game Falcons

1. I have been very critical of Andy Reid's playcalling this season. Today not so much. He gambled and it paid off each time A great big tip of the cap to you Mr.Andy Reid.

2. This is what you call a total team victory. The offense defense and STs all put points on the board. It's a very nice thing to watch.

3. Last week Kelce talked a big game and despite a couple of early game drops he walked the walk he did so again today. Getting Maclin back will only be of help. Kelce just keeps coming through

4. Have to give it up to Albert Wilson. He have a value to a team and showed that today. He gets a lot of flack and sometimes is very deserving of it. But Today he came through not only on the fake punt but got the game clinching first down. Nice job Mr.Wilson

5. I think we all know what Andy Reid is going to be preaching. FLAGS FLAGS FLAGS. It's not very often that you are able to overcome all the flags we got today. I can't even argue about many of them. Oakland tries to get you into that flag game as well. We can't get into that Thursday night.

6. Eric Berry has to get this game ball. The pick 6 and then the game winning/saving pick on the 2 point conversion. The Chiefs are going to have to find somehow someway to pay him. It just has to happen. He does so much for us. GET IT DONE DORSEY

Now they have a short week before a huge division game. They just have to find a way to get it done. Hopefully we get Maclin back for the Raiders GO CHIEFS and GO BILLS TODAY
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Great game today. We beat a really good team in their house.

The playcalling was much improved in this game. We attacked downfield, went for it on some 4th & 1's and the fake punt call was brilliant (Nobody expected KC to do that.) None of the sportcasters had us picked to win this game.

The players that deserved game balls IMHO were Eric Berry and Albert Wilson. Wilson showed he had some jets if needed. Berry came through with turnovers exactly when we needed them the most. While I've been a critic of Eric Berry, one of my main complaints was that he had too many "almost" interceptions...Today & last week he's been making the INT's that have been game-changers. Kelce and Ware carried a majority of the workload, and DAT had some nice plays today as well.

Time to focus on the stinkin' Raiders.

I don't mind saying I am still in shock.

Berry with a Pick-6 and a Pick-2 in the same game? Has that ever happened before or is Berry the first player to ever do it???

Chiefs with their 2cond 4th quarter comeback in a row--both of them against serious playoff contenders? When was the last time that happened?

Fake punt in your own territory in a game this important? That took brass ones the size of wrecking balls! Thank you BIG RED!!!

No analysis or intelligent comments from me tonight just a GREAT BIG WOW!!!

Holthus mentioned that was an NFL first what Berry did

Even though nobody gave the Chiefs a chance, today, I knew they could win if they got their offensive going against the Falcons worst pass defense in the NFL and they won the turnover battle and scored some points off those turnovers. They did, and needed to do, every one of those things, today.

What I did not expect to see, today, was a game that came anywhere near being as exciting as last weeks win over the Broncos. This game had everything; aggressive play calling on offense, a pick-6, a TD on a fake punt, and the first ever return of a 2 point conversion attempt for a safety. The NFL just introduced that rule last year, but still ... !

It was great to see Kelce not drop every third pass that came his way, for a change. He was targeted 8 times and actually caught all 8 passes. He also outperformed the mighty Julio Jones in total yards and yards per catch. Alex Smith even had a higher QB rating and passer rating (91.2 and 125.0) than Matt Ryan did (71.3 and 90).

The refs had me tearing out what little hair I have left! 13 penalties for 128 yards. That is exactly the same number of yards our defense gave up rushing! That was very unlike the Chiefs. Hopefully they play more disciplined from here out.

Defense gave up way to many first downs (35) but almost half of those (14) came in the first quarter and 5 of THOSE were from penalties. The Falcons may have the best offense in the NFL so I can't fault the Defense too much for that.

All in all a solid all around performance by a team that just seems to always find a way to win.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 12-05-2016 at 12:43 AM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

A lot of those penalties were touch calls and came early in the game. Once the refs started letting them play the defense got a few stops and forced perfect execution.

I will tell you that game was just all heart of one. That team found a way to win. One stood Strong, and made a statement in his home state. The heart of one, but also the same of the team, CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I will tell you that game was just all heart of one. That team found a way to win. One stood Strong, and made a statement in his home state. The heart of one, but also the same of the team, CHIEFS!
    I think the heart of one was the whole team had one heart beat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12