Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raider week!!!!

Default Raider week!!!!

I wish I had some truly ominous-sounding music to go with this post.

This season is really what the AFC West is supposed to be all about. It has almost everything that any Chiefs fan could ask for. Many Chiefs fans (especially ones that don't have mostly gray hair) are thrilled that the Chiefs seem poised to keep the Broncos from winning the division and possibly even keep them out of the playoffs. Those of us that have been Chiefs fans for 45 years or more are in a FRENZIED BLOOD-LUST TO KILL RAIDERS!!! For me anyway leaving the Broncos for roadkill is just the cherry on top of the banana split. I despise the Broncos but every game against the Raiders is a blood-feud that makes the Hatfields vs the McCoys look like a mild playground playground disagreement.

OK. Got that out of my system.

4 games left to play. Raiders lead the Chiefs by 1 game and have to play the Chiefs in a short week game in Arrowhead in about 52 hours. Chiefs pummeled the Raiders in Oakland but both teams are finding a way to win this year...even when the chip are down.

If the Chiefs win they lead the division--BARELY.

If the Raiders win they will have a 2 game lead in the AFC West with only 3 games left to play. That would make them ALMOST certain to win the division.

Looking at the rest of both team's schedules, they are about equal. 2 games they each *should win* and 1 game each against the Broncos which could go either way. If the Chiefs win Thursday night they have a decent shot at winning the division and if they do then an excellent chance of getting the #1 seed in the playoffs with all the benefits that brings. The Patriots have lost Gronkowski for the season meaning that either the Chiefs or Raiders can probably beat them in the AFC Championship game if in their own house.

Fellow Chiefs fans....this game against the Raiders a very good chance of

DECIDING WHO GOES TO THE SUPER BOWL FOR THE AFC THIS YEAR! Yeah folks that is probably what is at stake Thursday night.

The Chiefs, Raiders and Patriots are the 3 teams that are most likely to go to the Super Bowl for the AFC and the Patriots without Gronkowski probably have little hope if they don't have the home field throughout the playoffs.

Gentlemen, fellow Chiefs fans, friends....a Superbowl appearance is probably on the line Thursday night.

​WE MUST WIN THIS GAME!!!

I strongly agree CT!

I am trying to find that NFL theme song from the 1970s.... I think it was from This Week in the NFL. It would be excellent background music for your great post... Invariably if it was the week following a Chiefs Raiders game we would treated to a bench clearing brawl between the Red and the Black. Those were the days. No. Those are the days. The greatest rivalry in the history of sports is renewed! Let the brawls begin again! I hate the Raiders. Yes I truly hate the Raiders!

Who remembers this?

Never liked the Raiders. Tons of talent but always figure out a way to screw it up. Hope Derek Carr brings some ear plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

Gentlemen, fellow Chiefs fans, friends....a Superbowl appearance is probably on the line Thursday night.

​WE MUST WIN THIS GAME!!!

But, no pressure.

Relax ... We got this!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    But, no pressure.

Relax ... We got this!
    LOL!!!!!!!

...Sure thing; piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    I am trying to find that NFL theme song from the 1970s.... I think it was from This Week in the NFL. It would be excellent background music for your great post... Invariably if it was the week following a Chiefs Raiders game we would treated to a bench clearing brawl between the Red and the Black. Those were the days. No. Those are the days. The greatest rivalry in the history of sports is renewed! Let the brawls begin again! I hate the Raiders. Yes I truly hate the Raiders!
    THANK YOU!!! I think it is a safe bet that both teams know what is at stake tomorrow. No doubt in my mind that either team could run away with this game as we did in the first Raider game but I don't think that will happen. I'm pretty much expecting this to be one of the best and most hard-fought games of the season. BRING ON THE RAIDERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Who remembers this?
    PAINFUL MEMORIES!!! I remember the "goaltending" attempt as the ball went over the crossbar though I have forgotten who it was that tried to block it. I was so damned sure that we could stop it that way. Broke a 13 year old's heart. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Never liked the Raiders. Tons of talent but always figure out a way to screw it up. Hope Derek Carr brings some ear plugs.
    He is going to need them! Arrowhead will be rocking and rolling from the first second! So long as we don't let them get a big early lead I don't think Carr will be able to deal with the crowd of angry blood-lusting fans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast