Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game faiders thoughts 1st place edition

Default Post game faiders thoughts 1st place edition

1. Offense will get 2 different parts. As it was a tail of two halves. 1st half is what this offense NEEDS to be. They were moving the ball at will. Less screens moved the ball downfield and controlled the game. That with our defense is going to win a lot of games and a lot of BIG GAMES

2. Offense in the 2nd half not so much. What the hell happened during half time. Who was that at QB the first couple of drives. That was not the Alex Smith we see most the time. And not the one that is going to win a lot of games. I hope we don't see that Alex Smith again. As for the 2nd half playcalling all I need to say is Reid faked a screen to throw a screen UGH

3. The d was AMAZING tonight simply amazing. Yes they gave up that one TD drive before the half after losing DJ but they adjusted and GOT THE JOB DONE. The offense gave Oakland so many chances to go ahead and they did not let that happen. Big props. I don't think it's looking good for DJ so somebody will have to step up.

4. This has hurt every team in the league at some point and it did the Chiefs tonight but WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS A CATCH. The reversed fumble in the 1st half sure looked like a catch. Just don't understand how that was ruled not to be a catch. Mindblowing that we still have no clue what a catch is.

5. Travis Kelce talked a big game before the Denver game and since he has backed it up. That's what I like to see. Having him and Hill continuing to emerge as a weapon is just going to be something to watch also will help to get Maclin back in rhythm as he is coming back

6, DEPTH is huge for a ballclub I don't care what the sport. And Mr.Mitchel has been that. It doesn't get talked about enough IMO but a huge THANK YOU JOHN DORSEY. He has simply done an amazing job as the GM for this team. And that continues to show.

We are now in 1st place and Monday night we are RAVENS fans. It would be huge to have the AFC run through Arrowhead. Just keep winning. And get some help against the Pat and it's ours. But we have to take care of the winning part. We got a minbye lets get some work done
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Speaking of catches the one Andy tossed a red flag on was not a catch. By the time he had control hie right foot was in the air and came down out of bounds.

I think dj dun forever he 34 years old and achilles again not good at all 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    DJ is done for good. He will retire.
    sucks because he is most deserving person on our team to represent our Chiefs in a Super Bowl. DJ gives his all every play every game his entire career. Never takes games off, even if it's a pro-bowl and he's going up against one Jamaal Charles... DJ is my favorite player and will probably will always be. I will forever sport my #56 jersey. Wish there was a way I could tell him how thankful I am for all his sacrifices he's given to our Chiefs. As much as I'd like to see him come back from this, I think his ability to walk the rest of his life will forever be in jeopardy if he continues. And nothing is worth that.

I'm sorry DJ if you ever see this post sometime if you are done playing I would definately go to the Chiefs organization and show interest in being a Linebackers Coach. Your instincts and intelligence to the Linebacker position is still needed here in KC. #KC4Life

Yeah...we're all bummed that we've lost DJ for the year and probably forever as a player. Same for JC. But y'know I think they would both feel that their careers were a HUGE SUCCESS if they were on the sidelines when we won the Super Bowl this year.

5 thumbs up to Justin for suggesting DJ become a LB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Is it the same leg or the other one??
    Other one. Fairly common to injure the other Achilles after having one tear in athletes. They end up over using the good one to the point of failure.

He had supposedly said he plans on paying next year. He apparently has already also talked to Reid about coaching in the future, and Reid has publicly said he wants him on the sidelines coaching the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Other one. Fairly common to injure the other Achilles after having one tear in athletes. They end up over using the good one to the point of failure.

He had supposedly said he plans on paying next year. He apparently has already also talked to Reid about coaching in the future, and Reid has publicly said he wants him on the sidelines coaching the rest of the season.
    Thank you for the good info jap1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12